Thread: Where to buy Younger Optics lens in Lower Mainland BC, Canada

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Confused Where to buy Younger Optics lens in Lower Mainland BC, Canada

I would like to buy 3 pairs of eyeglasses with Younger Optics lens, one single vision Trilogy, one Nupolar and one Drivewear. But the salesperson of one optical retailer told me these are just brand names, they sell Essilor and Hoya lens, and Essilor labs also can make Trilogy, Nupolar and Drivewear. Then he began to say people got information from internet seems to be very educated about all products in the market, but actually knows just a little. I was then getting very confused. Some finished lens availability charts (Crizal Advance) I found on the internet did show Essilor logo, but with Younger Optics, Shamir, Zeiss, Seiko name on it. I would appreciate if somebody could explain it clearly for me?

I am living in Burnaby, BC, Canada. I tried many optical stores Pearle Vision, Costco, Sears....They only sell Essilor lens. I sent emails to Younger Optics and called their custom service, but still has no clue where I can buy Younger Optics product. It seems they only deal with wholesale lens manufacturers.

If I finally find a retailer who claims they do sell younger optics lens, how can I be sure the lens is not faked cheap one. Is the certificate of authenticity good enough?

Would appreciate some information and help.<br><br>

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not a big deal; I can get you anything you want and ship it to you.
    Let me know if this is of interest and please visit my website to get an idea of the type of work we do.
    Craig
    www.eyetopian.net

Occupation
    Optometrist
    While this is a consumer question, I think it's a fair one.

Most chains (Pearle, Costco, etc.) are limited by their corporate accounts, meaning they deal with one or two manufacturers.

Most independent offices (optician or optometrist owned) can ste up an account with anyone they choose.

Try calling the local independent guys and ask if they carry Younger. As for authenticity, you really need to find an office you like/trust and stick with them. There really are few companies out there that would "fake" a lens brand because most consumers know or care little about lenses.

Occupation
    Thank you for your information. I totall agree with you most consumers know or care little about lenses. Most of my colleagues don't know what's their lenses manufacturer, but do know the frame's brand name. For me, lenses are more important than the frame.

I went to some local independent retail stores after I post threads in OptiBoard. One retailer told me only progressive lens will have manufacturer's logo as anti-counterfeit label to show the authenticity because the lenses have to be particularly designed for the patient. Is this true?

From my experience of shopping around, not many retailers carry Younger's product. Essilor's marketing strategies and cheap price is dominating the eyecare market while younger optics focus on research and new technology.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Not a big deal; I can get you anything you want and ship it to you.
    Let me know if this is of interest and please visit my website to get an idea of the type of work we do.
    Craig
    www.eyetopian.net
    Thank you for the link. If I am in Florida in the future, I will drop by your store. I prefer local store so they can adjust the frame for me.

Thread Information