Thread: The ol' AO Pro

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The ol' AO Pro

First of all, I pretty much have spent the last 2 hours chuckling at my desk in btwn pts at the forums on here. I wish there was a way to simply "like" the posts....some of you have phenomenal senses of humor!!....and it's relieving to see that others experience the zany customers & scenarios I do....May I suggest searching Optical Diaries on Youtube. Some of them are highly entertaining & will strike a cord for you.

ANYWAYS, on to my question. Just had a pt come in wearing an AO Pro....recommendations for switching to a "newer" lens? By "newer", I'm simply thinking available & inexpensive, such as: Navigator/Adaptar/Image.
    Thanksssssssssss!
    Dre

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DreFagan View Post
    May I suggest searching Optical Diaries on Youtube. Some of them are highly entertaining & will strike a cord for you.
    I've got to get a smart phone- my bartender would love this.

Check out Borysko's posts. I think he writes for the Onion.

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...a-Progressives

ANYWAYS, on to my question. Just had a pt come in wearing an AO Pro....recommendations for switching to a "newer" lens? By "newer", I'm simply thinking available & inexpensive, such as: Navigator/Adaptar/Image.
    Thanksssssssssss!
    Dre
    I'm trying to remember if the AO lens was a soft design/long corridor. I'm guessing it was. The Adaptar is hard, so of the two left I might prefer the Image. Take a look at a few others, especially the Shoreview.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [QUOTE=Robert Martellaro;395991]I've got to get a smart phone- my bartender would love this.

Correction:Optician diaries. or optician funny.

"I don't need an eye exam. I'm like a negative 20.65 or something. Can't you just make me some glasses?"

....gets me everytime!!

:)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We used to use the AO Pro as a budget prog at Vision Express. When we swapped supplier from AO/CZV/Sola to Hoya we replaced it with the Amplitude and Amplimini. Most people got on OK with those, but my preference was to change people into the AO Pro Easy.

Tom

Thread Information