Thread: Great service, great people! Join the imatters family!

Master OptiBoarder imatters.net's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper Great service, great people! Join the imatters family!

imatters is the nation’s largest ophthalmic networking organization! Whether you are looking for the greatest opportunities in the field, or simply tips and tools you need to continue your success, you can find it here! Our site is loaded with any tools an eye professional may need: interesting blogs containing practical, and fun articles, tips and tools newsletters to continue success within the eye industry, opportunity updates sent straight to your phone or email, and a super job board, with only the best career opportunities in the industry ranging from biller and coders, opticians, and practice managers, to ophthalmic technicians and ophthalmic assistants all the way up to OD’s! Did I mention that this entire process is confidential? None of your information is ever given to a client before we obtain your permission. If you’re looking for all the latest and greatest updates within the eye industry, along with the most prestigious career opportunities available, visit www.imatters.net, and make yourself at home!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Aren't you out of your place? Please stop spamming the forum.
    Hello DragonLensmanWV,

imatters is a great industry networking service provided to eyecare professionals at no cost. We provide these professionals with the best career opportunities in the industry, blogs, and updates on industry information. These professionals find our service, as well as the information contained within our website very useful. That being said, we feel that other OptiBoard Gold Supporters should have access to this valuable resource. If you are truly concerned with the nature of this post, and feel that this is spamming, we should discuss the purpose of this forum via personal message. If you do not find this service to be useful, that is all well; however there are about 90,000 industry professionals that do. We like to follow any guidelines created by Steve Machol, and will most certainly accomodate if this message is in the wrong place. Thank you very much for your feedback, DragonLensmanWV.

Warmly,
    imatters

Occupation
    My name is Bradley, and I apologize for my informailty, as well as thank you for your acclaim, and understanding. I am one of the leaders for our advertising division here at imatters and when objections arise like that, we typically try to stay as neutral as possible, so that we may resolve the issue, naturally. At any rate, our opportunity-related (job is just such a bland word!) posts do go to the job board, we simply felt those that did not visit the job board deserved to have some information on our services that was a bit easier to access. I assure you we will accomodate as much as possible, andare completely uninterested in causing any sort of disruprion or inconveinence within the forums, as it is a very useful tool as far as professional communications go. Again, thanks a bunch for your input, DragonLensmanWV.

Regarding your OD: would you be interested in some materials being sent to your practice containing some info about imatters and our services? If confidentiality is necessary, I can instead provide the same documents through email.

Warmly,
    Bradley and the imatters team.
    Last edited by imatters.net; 06-15-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Occupation
    hi its charisse! both kim and i are the senior recruiters in this division of imatters... (as we have grown to handle corporate clients, (think modo, oliver peoples, oakley) to private practices and our advertising division.
    but back to you! imatters in general represents the top of the scale in clients. (see above) , we are hired to, put the "best talent" in the industry forward to meet our clients. yet, to put our best foot forward, we discuss with our clients their needs and the goals with the hire. by focusing on that and each of their mindsets, we can guide them to picking the best talent based on their budgets, and future growth. and in some cases make recommendations to change their packages based on the market. although i shy away from anything "average", when i read competitive, i see a glimmer of hope that this hiring manager is serious about getting the best talent in the market with "flex room in the base/bonus program".
    the best advice that i give all the candidates, have a simple statement prepared when it comes to pay. "i understand that you have a benefit package and pay range in mind, with my skills, where do i fit in to that scale" and it they do still ask, " i really don't have a figure in mind", stay strong with this and you will have leverage on a counter offer if needed, and also a great idea of the package... as i have seen significant add on's to the packages... including cars... thanks for the message!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, imatters.net is a contingency firm, not a retainer based search firm. Would I be correct?
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer
    • Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Competitive pay doesn't get the *best* talent in the area. It get's average talent responses. Above average pay will give you a bigger pool of talent to select from, and you can be more selective on whom you hire. But what do I know, I'm only an optician..:bbg:

Occupation
    thank you for the question, imatters is the largest group of eye industry professionals, we are 90,000 strong with many individuals whom are intersted in how to grow their career right where they are. as to our business model, we started as a contingency firm, (meaning we get paid when the client hires) to working as a retained company, as well, with over 70% of our clients on retainer.( which means that we work for them as a small portion of their hiring team) our job is to see good talent and introduce them to our clients, whom ususally make a place for them. ct

Thread Information