Thread: OfficeMate

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused OfficeMate

I've been trying to run a report for employee statistics with Officemate for some time. Does anyone know how to mine that data? I would like to be able to break down the percentages of materials, ar, transitions, average sale, etc for each dispenser. This has to be a common report, but no one from the Officemate customer service can help. :hammer:

Or does anyone know of a company that can mine that data from Officemate to generate a helpful report? I use a third party software called Smile Reminder that collects data from Officemate for us.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    OfficeMate uses Crystal Reports. I don't know if you purchase Crystal Reports software if it will recognize the OM data and allow you to build custom reports.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Is your staff set up in the provider area individually? I use Officemate and can pull reports at the EOM or yearly.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    I've been trying to run a report for employee statistics with Officemate for some time. Does anyone know how to mine that data? I would like to be able to break down the percentages of materials, ar, transitions, average sale, etc for each dispenser. This has to be a common report, but no one from the Officemate customer service can help. :hammer:

Or does anyone know of a company that can mine that data from Officemate to generate a helpful report? I use a third party software called Smile Reminder that collects data from Officemate for us.
    These guys may have what your looking for: http://gatewaypn.com/about.asp They don't seem to tell you what they do at their website, for some reason, they want you to sign up for a webinar. I haven't taken time out to attend one.

A lot of the report "capability" (using capability loosely) depends on how you setup Officemate, but even despite your best attempts, its pretty limited as of ver 8.0. I have obtained the type of info your looking for, but it seemed to require a lot of manual calculation. Once they go to version 10.x, they will be using a database that use SQL and hopefully it will be easier to mine data. As of ver 8, it is MS Access, and if you open it, it is one tangled piece of spaghetti. I'm surprised the guys at the link provided were able to work with it, they must have worked pretty close with OM to get it going. Good luck!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Officemate reporting is notoriously inaccurate. Its only good for general trends, not good for individual productivity. You can not use it with any reliability for instance to compare one person to another with better than 80% accuracy. I would not base any employment decision on its data or you could be in trouble.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks AustinEyewear for the information. I'm really hoping when we convert to version 10.5 it will be better. I have contacted gpn, but I may wait on the new version before I pull the trigger.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    Thanks AustinEyewear for the information. I'm really hoping when we convert to version 10.5 it will be better. I have contacted gpn, but I may wait on the new version before I pull the trigger.
    Did GPN provide any specifics on what type of reports they can provide?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We just started using a program called the Edge. It can pull the data from Officemate and will give you a snapshot of what lenses are being sold, which A/R, how many transitions and so forth. Its great to track multiple employees to see what they excel in and what they need to work on.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Depends what version software you are on and how you initially setup you products as to whether or not you can break the report into the type of detail you want. The newer version (v10.0.15) allows for custom reporting.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As the big E gets more and more control, look to get more and more frustrated and less control.

Thread Information