Thread: Another Fired Registrar?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Another Fired Registrar?

Surprised this isn't posted already; off the college of Opticians website.

Staff Change, College of Opticians of Ontario
    Toronto, June 1, 2011 -- For Immediate Release

The Council of the College of Opticians of Ontario today announced that Ms. Caroline MacIsaac-Power ended her role as Registrar of the College effective June 1, 2011. Ms. MacIsaac-Power has been with the College since 1998 and has been Registrar since December 2004.

We very much appreciate all of her efforts on our behalf and wish her well in her future endeavors.

The Council has established a committee to oversee recruitment to fill the position of Registrar. Deputy Registrar Beverly Sloan has agreed to act as Interim Registrar in the meantime.

Ms. Sloan can be contacted at bsloan@coptont.org and Mr. Fazal Khan, College President can be contacted at fkhan@coptont.org.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Thank Christ - tell me it's not April 1st?

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I doubt anyone will be surprised by this "news." She's obviously been planning to leave for quite awhile. Now that she's milked the college dry she will look for another cash cow.
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Global thinkers can not thrive in a regional sandbox beyond the creation of the stepping stones . At some point they must break away from their jailors .
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 06-04-2011 at 09:38 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    No doubt, this is another good employee gone. Who do you turn to now for direction? Hopefully not the same useless board and president that have ruined the profession. Thanks COO for another crappy decision!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have you any idea what you are talking about ? How long was the Great Glasses fiasco allowed to continue ? Why did it take almost 7 years to revoke his license ? Whose signature revoked that license ? How many years did it take to just suspend his license ? What did we get for almost 2 million dollars ? How is that a good employee ?

The most publicized case of professional misconduct, has it ever come to the discipline committee ? Why are internet opticals allowed to operate without Ontario licensed opticians ? Are they being taken to discipline ?

Which "good employee" are you talking about ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Take a look at the COO website . That is so outdated and filled with useless, months old, data that has come, gone and expired . Is that a sign of a "good employee" doing their job?

Follow up : the web site was updated after this post .
    Last edited by idispense; 06-23-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If opticians look back on the Great Glasses case, think about this :

The College of Opticians of Ontario ( COO ) under the guidance of Council and their chosen Registrar and all other Titled employees, spent thousands upon thousands of member dollars drafting up Standards of Practise ; Professional Misconduct rules ,Governance and a host of other big word documents . In spite of all these big wig documents , rules and regulations , and in spite of Superior Court and regular Court Judges in the country of Canada calling Great Glasses a sham operation ....... in spite of all of that, COO their Council and chosen ones did not suspend Bergez' Optician license for many many years .

Doesn't that alone tell you something ?

Now if a normal optician did not pay his yearly renewal fee , his license would be suspended IMMEDIATELY 30 days later !
    They would be suspended immediately with no trial, and advised by letter that COO will inform their employer of the license suspension .

A person that breaks every Standard of Practise rule and regulation , and I am being polite , gets almost 2 million dollars spent on him and gets to operate WITH his license for years upon years , in violation of every rule of COO . In that time frame COO NEVER sees that it is COO's mandate to protect the public . COO never advertises to the public on their web site, radio or newspaper about the danger of doing business with this operation . COO , Council and the chosen ones sit and do nothing for years , they do not even suspend the license . COO , Council et al do not see fit to impose the Standards of Practise and suspend the license , they do not see fit to warn the public . COO et al do not see fit to uphold their own Standards of Professional Misconduct and use that to suspend the license .

Where is the "good employee " here ? Where is the "good Council" here ? We do not need this kind of "direction" .

We need back bone , honesty , transparency , accountability and someone with moral sense of right and wrong.

We need someone that can see all the way to their feet and find a path to solid ground to stand firm on.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    interesting
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 06-08-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    unfortunateley the president has not found a replacement dont know if he's even trying

when you go on to the college website her message and photo is still there honestly they arent removing her from the website
    seems cmp has given him her famous cool-aid drink to the president and dont be surprised after taking pina colada for 6 months with pay she will be back as the registrar again

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by 2o/20 View Post
    unfortunateley the president has not found a replacement dont know if he's even trying

when you go on to the college website her message and photo is still there honestly they arent removing her from the website
    seems cmp has given him her famous cool-aid drink to the president and dont be surprised after taking pina colada for 6 months with pay she will be back as the registrar again
    20/20 what do you mean "after taking pina colada for 6 months with pay she will be back as the registrar again"
    What do you mean 6 months with pay & she'll be back; I can't find anything on the college website about the registrar returning? I thought the registrar quit along with 6 other staff.

Do you care to share what you know?

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    20/20 what do you mean "after taking pina colada for 6 months with pay she will be back as the registrar again"
    What do you mean 6 months with pay & she'll be back; I can't find anything on the college website about the registrar returning? I thought the registrar quit along with 6 other staff.

Do you care to share what you know?
    i have used my common sense look at the college website cmp is still there as a registrar and her message how long does it take the staff to delete it from there website
    have you heard the president select a new registrar its 4 months and nothing is said to the membership how long did it take the college of optometrist to find a new one i feel she will be brought back i dont know that she quit, thats news for me
    if you are craving for Truth i hope you will prove that honesty always wins
    Last edited by 2o/20; 10-18-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information