Thread: coburn....co-BURN

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry coburn....co-BURN

ok so i have an eclipse blocker.

we bought it used (so i don't want to hear any warranty b.s). the chiller ring has bad fill sensors, and the filler hole is beat up pretty bad, the filler nozzle needs a gasket, and the filler heater is blown. so we call coburn. the chiller...$1,469.00 usd...are you flipping kidding me?...i can have that made for under $100.00, and those cheap crappy little sensors? yeah i can get those for less than $5.00 each.. ohhhh and that little piece of rubber, $48.00 F-O-R-T-Y E-I-G-H-T DOLLARS for a piece of rubber that i promise costs them less than $0.05c the freakin nozzle heater is $55.00 (of course the $48.00 could be the moron on the other end of the phone having illiteracy issues)..how the hell is a 5mm x 7mm piece of rubber only $7.00 less than the heating element?what is it with coburn and essilor that make them want to rape anyone and everyone? do they not understand that we don't HAVE to buy their equipment? with the cost of the machines plus upkeep & repair its not worth having these machines in the lab. We bought them thinking they would be great only to find out that this is the second lemon eclipse I've seen (the first was a brand spanking new unit @ the most expensive lab in the country that cant seem to cut a lens properly or get jobs out on time..of course the owner is a moron and the lab manager has the biggest ego on the planet, and thinks there isn't a person on earth that knows more than her...just sayin)...ohhh but coburn will give you the shaft for free but the lube is on you, and since its coburn they don't recommend you use your own or buy from anyone else, no of course not..you have to BUY it from them...un-freaking believable!!!

lesson...dont buy anything from coburn, you'll have better customer service and far better machines for less money from many, MANY other manufacturers!!!..ohhh and dont get me started on the 10 year planned obsolescence of any of coburns machines!
    equal opportunity offender!!

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Try decaf.
    RT

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Try decaf.
    good call!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It is all Eyemeds fault! To many pairs with no profit leaves the equipment broken and the user cranky as hell!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It is all Eyemeds fault! To many pairs with no profit leaves the equipment broken and the user cranky as hell!
    makes me happy i don't own the place!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you mad that you did a bad job at buying equipment, investing in a lab on a shoe string budget? Then get mad at the peoples name on the front of the machine? Then come to this forum and "TAKE EM DOWN!!!" It could have been ANYONES equipment that you purchased beat up and been here to "reset the balance of the force."

What would we do without you....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jcman View Post
    Are you mad that you did a bad job at buying equipment, investing in a lab on a shoe string budget? Then get mad at the peoples name on the front of the machine? Then come to this forum and "TAKE EM DOWN!!!" It could have been ANYONES equipment that you purchased beat up and been here to "reset the balance of the force."

What would we do without you....

did you miss that entire thing?...im mad that such inexpensive parts cost so much. dont get yourself confused when reading posts!!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If that were the case you may just want to say something like this "man I hate how expensive parts are for optical equipment!"

By the way, who's parts aren't expensive? You did say "many many"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jcman View Post
    If that were the case you may just want to say something like this "man I hate how expensive parts are for optical equipment!"

By the way, who's parts aren't expensive? You did say "many many"
    not as expensive as coburn...and its a customer service issue, coburn isn't very good with that.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've used coburn for years and years without any major issues.the equipment stood up nicely.they always got right back to me on any issues I had.parts are parts--they will always cost $

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by himmeroo View Post
    I've used coburn for years and years without any major issues.the equipment stood up nicely.they always got right back to me on any issues I had.parts are parts--they will always cost $
    Been a while huh?

Thread Information