No announcement yet.

Remote desktop options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to join - Teamviewer is the best choice in this case.

Comment

Remote Desktop doesn't let you share the remote screen (unless there's functionality there of which I'm unaware) - which is what's called for in this instance.

Comment

Teamviewer allows screen sharing.
        Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
        ALT248=°

Comment

Indeed TeamViewer does, and it does it well. They have a free version that may suffice; as I recall, it only allows 5-minute remote control sessions (or was it 15?). GoToAssist also works well, but I don't think there's a free version of that.

Comment

I've switched to the free version of TeamViewer recently. I have not noticed any time limit on it, and I have left remote sessions going for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
              I've switched to the free version of TeamViewer recently. I have not noticed any time limit on it, and I have left remote sessions going for hours.
              I think it's not time-limited if you declare that it's for private (non-commercial) use.

Comment

Originally posted by shanbaum View Post
                I think it's not time-limited if you declare that it's for private (non-commercial) use.
                You are right. As far as I know, you can use the free version for non-commercial needs.

Comment

Originally posted by kerk_sorroun View Post
                  You are right. As far as I know, you can use the free version for non-commercial needs.
                  Teamviewer is free for non-commercial use, but I noticed I get prompted to buy the commercial version after a while if I use it for personal use during normal work hours, but not prompted very often if using it nights or weekends. But even if you get prompts to buy the commercial version you can dismiss the prompts and continue on.

Comment

TeamViewer or Microsoft Remote Desktop. Both are good ones for connecting remote devices.

Comment

I would also recommend TeamViewer, cause all other good alternatives - require payments for the good experience of using.

Comment

Working...
                      X