Thread: Where's the best place to get...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Where's the best place to get...

I'm looking to put together a VERY affordable free gift for our patients. I'd like to do a cleaning cloth/spray bottle if possible, however I'm having trouble finding them at a reasonable price(about a buck).

Anyone out there have an experience with a company that does this for cheap? I've looked into buying them separate and packing them together myself, but not too sure how that final product would look.

While we're at it, if you have any good resources for affordable accessories like chains, repair kits, etc. let me know! I'd love to get all the info before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've found them for about a buck and a half. Quality Accessories makes one called "Cloth Undercover" that we've customized with our logo, and it makes for a clean presentation. http://www.qualityaccessories.com/prod_mas_cu.html I'm sure the price was based on quantity and I believe we ordered a couple thousand at the time. From what I remember (and this was a couple years back at least) they allowed as few or as many colors for your own logo as you wanted. (There was a one time set-up / screen fee, probably $25-$30 or something I think) But the final product is handy, compact, and looked great. Worth a phone call at least I'd suggest.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I dispense all specs in a nice little paper gift bag. I had stickers made with our logo, name, info that I apply to each bag. In the bag I put some tissue paper, a business card, a small bottle of cleaner and a cleaning cloth, both with our name, phone number and website address as well as a few hershey kisses or the like...

The stickers I got from our local printshop, same place we get our business cards.

I get the cloths and cleaner from California Accessories and the bags from Papermart. I purchased them in very large quantities to keep the cost down.

The whole thing costs me under $2.00 per bag.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I get my cleaning cloths from microfiber technologies, imprinted. I get my small bottles of cleaner from Nanofilms, imprinted as well. Both places are great and very fast, I'm not at my office, so I can't give you help with costs. But, if I'm buyin' them, they're probably pretty reasonable...LOL! :D

**I'm in no way affiliated with either company, just a satisfied customer. :)**

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    You can check out Opticcart.com to get the items you all need. From optical cases with branding service to little gifts of cleaning cloth or mini screw driver key chains. I am trying to bring in Anti-fog solution to be applied to lens. Its really handy when i use it to play paintball =D

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    you can microfiber, imprinted, cloths from LBI (1500 lot order) for $.23 and i oz bottles of cleaner(1584 lot orde) for $.45.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jsphtay View Post
    You can check out Opticcart.com to get the items you all need. From optical cases with branding service to little gifts of cleaning cloth or mini screw driver key chains. I am trying to bring in Anti-fog solution to be applied to lens. Its really handy when i use it to play paintball =D
    I would skip the screwdrivers unless you enjoy drilling out screws that have snapped or fitting nuts and bolts into stripped out screw holes and hearing patients say "It's not my fault I ruined this frame with the screwdriver YOU gave me!"

Occupation
    Maybe it will be better if you sell it as a tools. Many customers will buy and just to keep one at home. Beside using it for frame, it can be handy to have one too.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Wondering what is in those superberbly cheap cleaners...........................

Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post

you can microfiber, imprinted, cloths from LBI (1500 lot order) for $.23 and i oz bottles of cleaner(1584 lot orde) for $.45.

Wondering what is in those superberbly cheap cleaners. Probable water with ISP that slowly eats up AR coatings. Can't even find bottles empty at that price.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you are not in the position to buy such large quanities, you can do what I did. I purchased cleaning cloths from capri optics on ebay. I believe I got 300 for about 18 cents each (no shipping charge.) They have a best offer option and I offered a little below the last person they sold to. I had logo stickers printed at vistaprint, 300 for about $20. I purchased empty plastic pouches from Hilco for 15 cents each. Clearlens has 1 oz spray bottles for 58 cents each. LBI has small Thank You bags for about 10 cents each. I had to assemble them all myself, but I got 300 complete bags for half the price I paid last year ordering a pre-packaged kit. My customers love them and they cost me less than $1.25 each !!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by myownboss View Post
    If you are not in the position to buy such large quanities, you can do what I did. I purchased cleaning cloths from capri optics on ebay. I believe I got 300 for about 18 cents each (no shipping charge.) They have a best offer option and I offered a little below the last person they sold to. I had logo stickers printed at vistaprint, 300 for about $20. I purchased empty plastic pouches from Hilco for 15 cents each. Clearlens has 1 oz spray bottles for 58 cents each. LBI has small Thank You bags for about 10 cents each. I had to assemble them all myself, but I got 300 complete bags for half the price I paid last year ordering a pre-packaged kit. My customers love them and they cost me less than $1.25 each !!
    I believe the cleaning cloth is polyester. Im selling it at 14 cent each for 300, but with shipping =(

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Go with a microfiber cleaning cloth with your name on it. If you buy in excess of 1,000, you can source for well under $1 as noted above. A google search will yield many options.

I would avoid a spray cleaner/bottle. Who knows what chemicals are included and as noted above, they could have an impact on the lens coatings.

Occupation
    i use optisource. talk to jason and tell him Don from eyestop sent you. he gives me a fair price. but i have found that just doing it separate is much cheaper, the cloth and the cleaner. and i have given it to our patients both ways. aas a package, and as a separate item. i have not seen any difference in the reaction.
    Donald W Summers,B.S,A.B.O.C,N.C.L.E

Bad address email on file AMIGODIANA's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    maybe you can find some promotion gift in china.. it's much ..

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    I would skip the screwdrivers unless you enjoy drilling out screws that have snapped or fitting nuts and bolts into stripped out screw holes and hearing patients say "It's not my fault I ruined this frame with the screwdriver YOU gave me!"
    That would have to be some PITA person if they were to blame you for their mistakes. Do you also get blamed for eye infections when they use the CL solution and or case you gave them????

Occupation
    I can do the microfiber cleaning cloths with a stiched edge, packaged individually in an acrylic case for 50 cents each.

For the cleaner, I can have those bottles custom printed for you at 84 cents per bottle, or without the imprint at 77 cents per bottle.

Let me know if you want to see pictures of these items or more details. I'd be glad to help you out.

Thread Information