Thread: Where to find wholesale frame prices online? Or do you need to buy Frames Data?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Confused Where to find wholesale frame prices online? Or do you need to buy Frames Data?

If there somewhere online to find the WFA (wholesale frame allowance) aka wholesale frame prices that the insurance companies use for re-imbursements....or do you need to buy the Frames data book to find out this info?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I seriously doubt you will see these online without an appropriate subscription. I'm sure Frame Manufacturers do not want whole prices easy to find.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Probably not going to find them anywhere for wholesale but I'm sure you could pick up the phone and call the manufacturer of a particular frame or frame line and they could tell you.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I can't speak for the frame manufacturers, but I know *I* don't want anyone knowing those prices. Just like in any retail business.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Suscribe to Frames fax, they will also send a supliment with prices. For only about $250.00 a year you can see all 20,000 framess updated quarterly. On-line version available at same price.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like Frames Data but just a correction, the price is closer to $400.
    Properly medicated for your protection.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Look up a discount online retailer. See their prices and deduct $20-$25 from each!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you have an account with a manufacturer, many have this info on their biz to biz site/ordering site.

I see you are an optometrist, so if you use VSP, the frames listed there all have the affiliated book price listed.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper aka wholesale frame prices...............................

Quote Originally Posted by FLEye View Post

If there somewhere on line to find the WFA (wholesale frame allowance) aka wholesale frame prices that the insurance companies use for re-imbursements....or do you need to buy the Frames data book to find out this info?
    Having been there for 20 years I do have a slight idea. Steve is right, you wont find them on the web, or they are locked.

Frames are made by manufacturers who will give their at source prices. Frame lines then are sold to importers and whole salers who will give you their wholesale prices on demand or by the sales reps.

There are many trading sites that advertise for manufacturers. They usually are out of China and Korea.
    Ali Baba for example: http://www.alibaba.com/

EC Plaza : http://www.ecplaza.net/

Trading Company: http://b2b.tradeholding.com/default....ing_Companies/

Possibly the largest frame manufacturer in the world today is Arts Optical International Holdings, that now has 11,000 employees and 20 years ago was a Cayman Island registered company. http://www.artsgroup.com/

You can also go on my website at http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm where I have 862 websites listed by their Alex traffic ranking at http://alexa.com.
    There you can pick out just about all frame suppliers and contact them if you want their wholesale prices.

You could also become a member of OptiBoard Professional forum which is charging a membership fee but it is locked and you can publish whole sale prices.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Lenny, Chris: Perhaps we shouldn't be posting a how-to guide for finding or estimating wholesale prices on a publicly-searchable forum.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    Lenny, Chris: Perhaps we shouldn't be posting a how-to guide for finding or estimating wholesale prices on a publicly-searchable forum.
    Agreed. Seems to be a lot of "questions" by people wanting to know wholesale costs.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    You can try http://www.opticcart.com. We carry optical cases and retail accessories.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Andrew, ...........I appreciate your point

Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post

Andrew, ...........I appreciate your point, but the INTERNET is now way too open in order to have hidden areas, unless you secure them and charge for opening the doors and let somebody in.

When you are used to do some research on the web it usually takes seconds or a few minutes to just about find anything you want. Just by reformulating questions you sometime get the right results.

There is also th e point about the on line opticals, do they purchase at whole sale prices or do they get better than that. Do you believe that if a consumer wants an about approximate wholesale price he can not figure it out from a on line optical website. Nobody sells at cost price or we would all starve.

Thread Information