Split skin around your nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split skin around your nails

If you adjust glasses with heat and your hands dry out and the skin cracks around your nails, I put a drop of super glue over the cracked area (with it pushed together) to close the crack. The pain is better and you can work normally with your hands. Make sure you let it dry!
    The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground

You're not supposed to hold your hands overt the heat, just the part of the frame that needs bending. No need to heat the whole frame including the part you are holding it by.

Comment

Two words - Bag Balm.
      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

This happens to me every winter and I really don't equate it to my job. This year is better (no cracks yet) and I think it's because I am making myself drink more water to keep hydrated plus using a good hand cream. Bag Balm is one.

Comment

What Chip said.

Seriously, how long would you have to hold your hand in the heat to get that to happen? Your fingers would blister first.

But yes, supergluing a wound closed does work in a pinch. I'm sorry, but I though everyone knew that.....
          There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
            Two words - Bag Balm.
            Two words a second time - Bag Balm. It is the third element of your list of needful things:
            Duct tape - to hold stuff together
            WD-40 - to make things move
            Bag Balm - for medical things
            Dick

www.aerovisiontech.com

Comment

Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream. Smells WAY better and works as well as bag balm for me.

Comment

Udder cream. Or a visit to a good dermatologist.

Comment

I've had good success with a product called Zim's Crack Cream. (Crazy name, but it works like a charm! ;))

Comment

Originally posted by Now I See View Post
                    I've had good success with a product called Zim's Crack Cream. (Crazy name, but it works like a charm! ;))
                    Yes, this is the BEST! I used to work in an auto parts warehouse. My hands would get really dry from the dust, cardboard and grime. Washing my hands all the time to keep them clean. Sometimes I'd have cracks to the meat/muscle. Zim's was the only thing to work! IF you can find it, get it & use it!!

Comment

Originally posted by NavyChief View Post
                      Yes, this is the BEST! I used to work in an auto parts warehouse. My hands would get really dry from the dust, cardboard and grime. Washing my hands all the time to keep them clean. Sometimes I'd have cracks to the meat/muscle. Zim's was the only thing to work! IF you can find it, get it & use it!!
                      Exactly...IF you can find it! Used to be sold at Walmart in the pharmacy department, but this year, we have been unable to find it there. When we inquired we were told that some Walmart stores stopped carrying it, but they do have a website it's www.crackcreme.com

***BTW...I do not work for or am in no way affiliated with Zim's, just a satisfied customer!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                        You're not supposed to hold your hands overt the heat, just the part of the frame that needs bending. No need to heat the whole frame including the part you are holding it by.
                        but....how else am I supposed to keep my hands warm?
                        Bart Smith, continuing to be awesome since 1982 so that you don't have to.

Love is a duet, each voice complementing each other and making them sound better than they would alone, each voice at times stepping back and letting the other shine. We've got a pretty good duet going Tina.

On April 28th, I'll be marrying my best friend. I can't wait!

Comment

I swear by cetaphil mosturizing cream.

Comment

Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Move South where it doesn't get so cold and dry.

Comment

Can you get
                              bag Balm at CVS or Walgreens ?? in Texas?? I'd sure love to try it, my hands are so rough in the winter I've tried everythig, and yes I drink alot of water

Thank You, Ginster

Comment

Working...
                              X