Thread: Help me understanding some new lenses

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Help me understanding some new lenses

Hello,

First post here so be kind J I am confused about some modern lenses compared to some 5 years Essilor lenses. The new lenses (2 pairs) one non branded and another from Essilor (with Crizal forte) have an anti reflex protection that almost any reflex tends to be green and some brighter then the oldīs Essilor witch most reflex tend to be a mix of writhe and green.

I prefer the old lenses because although they seem a little less transparent the anti reflex protection is better. I wonder if this is caused because of the Crizal forte protection witch according to Essilor from the 3 protections pack that they have that is the best but also the one that takes more layers and so the reflex is brighter.

All lenses are made of polycarbonate because the glasses do not have frame around the lenses only the minimal.

What do you guys think?

How about Zeiss lenses? How is itīs anti reflex protection?

Also the new non branded lenses already made a scratch because they were dropped but the oldīs Essilor fell from higher positions and never made a mark??

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Please contact your eye care provider.

The contents of the OptiBoard site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the OptiBoard site ("content") are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the OptiBoard site!

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. OptiBoard does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the site. Reliance on any information provided by OptiBoard, OptiBoard employees, others appearing on the site at the invitation of OptiBoard, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk
    OptiBoard may contain health or medical related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site. The Site and the content are provided on an "as is" basis.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Hello,

First post here so be kind J I am confused about some modern lenses compared to some 5 years Essilor lenses. The new lenses (2 pairs) one non branded and another from Essilor (with Crizal forte) have an anti reflex protection that almost any reflex tends to be green and some brighter then the oldīs Essilor witch most reflex tend to be a mix of writhe and green.

I prefer the old lenses because although they seem a little less transparent the anti reflex protection is better. I wonder if this is caused because of the Crizal forte protection witch according to Essilor from the 3 protections pack that they have that is the best but also the one that takes more layers and so the reflex is brighter.

All lenses are made of polycarbonate because the glasses do not have frame around the lenses only the minimal.

What do you guys think?

How about Zeiss lenses? How is itīs anti reflex protection?

Also the new non branded lenses already made a scratch because they were dropped but the oldīs Essilor fell from higher positions and never made a mark??
    Are you an eyecare professional John? If so we can help - if not, you should seek the advice of a dispensing optician in your area.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    I am planning to open a Optics shop so i could really use the help because the first phase is studding the Optics world and see if i can understand it well.
    I decided to understated the problem of the lenses of a friend of mine because he is not satisfied with them but he doesnīt thrust anymore his optics shop because he read lots of bad thing about the shop. I dont care about that i just want to approach/understand the cientific way of the lenses. I already see another friend of mine that have lenses with the same green reflection and he says that he likes them because they are clear then the previous onesīs.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I am planning to open a Optics shop so i could really use the help because the first phase is studding the Optics world and see if i can understand it well.
    I decided to understated the problem of the lenses of a friend of mine because he is not satisfied with them but he doesnīt thrust anymore his optics shop because he read lots of bad thing about the shop. I dont care about that i just want to approach/understand the cientific way of the lenses. I already see another friend of mine that have lenses with the same green reflection and he says that he likes them because they are clear then the previous onesīs.
    John - Have a look at http://www.opticampus.com The CE articles are great and will give you an idea of the maths involved in studying opticianry, or optometry. Optometry is quite science based, health, anatomy, diagnosis, etc. where opticianry is more art and science combined - fashion focused, sales focused, understand physics of lens designs, and then a bit of psychology thrown on top - to understand the patient.

You can also get great information from http://www.2020mag.com look at their CE section.

If you're wanting to become an optician - do you need the same qualifications as they do in the UK or is there a different sent of rules for Portugal.

BTW - do you own a vineyard and if so, are there free bottles shipped with every good reply to your posts??? (Just kidding) Port wine from Portugal .. mmmmmmmm

Thread Information