Thread: Opinions on Officemate 9.5

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Opinions on Officemate 9.5

I am considering upgrading from Officemate 8. I have read some comments scattered about the Internet.

If you have researched, tried installing, or have installed OM 9, please give me your opinions.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have updated to 9.0 and now to 9.5, the 9.5 has some fixes for the 9.0, there is a lot to add and change, but in the long run the have added some really cool features. one bad thing that has happened to the 9.5, there is an issue with the kowa retinal camera, but they are working on that fix.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    As I understand it, you have to have a dedicated computer as a server that does nothing else? You also have to purchase some version of Microsoft Server 2008 or 2003?

Many of the posts describe horrors getting insurance to run, that the training videos are useless, and very poor support. How did it go for you going from 8 to 9.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have had a dedicated server for a while even with 8.0 I have the server 2003, But I still am able to use it like another work station too. I have my time clock for the employees on the server too. so it is not just a useless machine. training videos i will say are not the best. but I have been able to figure it out and keep the office open, One thing I will say if you have security settings already in place that is by far the biggest fix to get figured out.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by cactmvc View Post
    I have had a dedicated server for a while even with 8.0 I have the server 2003, But I still am able to use it like another work station too. I have my time clock for the employees on the server too. so it is not just a useless machine. training videos i will say are not the best. but I have been able to figure it out and keep the office open, One thing I will say if you have security settings already in place that is by far the biggest fix to get figured out.
    Do you mean the users and their passwords, and what they are allowed to access?
    Are you saying if that has been already set up in 8.0, then it is easier to upgrade to 9?
    Or a mess regardless?
    Thanks

Thread Information