Thread: software tracer edger help

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist

software tracer edger help

hello to all.
    we've got a Triumph edger & tracer but the tracer began acting up. We also have a Phi tracer (yeah, i know) that we've used for several years for remote tracing.

Is there a way to send the phi traces to the triumph edger? I know Innovations has software that maybe does this (at least I think this is what its for), but anyone doing this now or know how?

thanks

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by chamilun View Post
    hello to all.
    we've got a Triumph edger & tracer but the tracer began acting up. We also have a Phi tracer (yeah, i know) that we've used for several years for remote tracing.

Is there a way to send the phi traces to the triumph edger? I know Innovations has software that maybe does this (at least I think this is what its for), but anyone doing this now or know how?

thanks
    You should be able to hook up your edger to the computers serial port and the tracer seperately to nother serial port and innovations will collect the trace data and the edger can then pull it from innovations. You would have to have barcodes and all set up. I believe the Phi tracer will work, I have innovations set up at home to help an office troubleshoot when they need it I can see if it lists the phi tracer but it should.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    thanks Harry.

actually, your PM box is full, so I'll ask here: any idea what the innovations software costs and where to get it? looks
    like the only place I see it is out of England

thanks again

Occupation
    thanks Harry.

actually, your PM box is full, so I'll ask here: any idea what the innovations software costs and where to get it? looks
    like the only place I see it is out of England

thanks again
    Contact a member here the creator shanbaum he'll be able to put you in touch with the right people. Just click on his name and you'll be taken to his profile to contact him.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Harry,
    is there other software besides Innovation that will be sort of a virtual translator (tracer to edger) that doesn't do a thousand other things? It appears Innovations (according to them) is more than I need, but I haven't found many alternatives.

many thanks again for your help

Occupation
    You could try:

Visual Lab Trace Server Software: http://www.nationaloptronics.com/html/software.aspx

Honestly I thought that innovations had a basic version that would cover your needs, but I may be wrong on that. Keep in mind that the market for this type of software isn't as large as say an anti virus program so the cost is going to be higher. Even though the software may have more than you need it may still be the right software for you, don't rule it out.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    they do have a version of Innovations (edger only) for $2k. Was trying to find something for around $500 but that animal may not exist.

thanks again

Occupation
    they do have a version of Innovations (edger only) for $2k. Was trying to find something for around $500 but that animal may not exist.

thanks again
    Try national optronics I don't remember Visual Lab Pro costing as much as innovations. I think Satis Loh has an edging program as well, may be a few others I'll look around.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Also check with Optivision about the Digi-Trace software. I don't know about price.

http://www.optivision.com/

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Visual lab pro version is $8900. the trace server is only $2400. Want to post these because I haven't found
    a lot of price info online, and Im not certain why its so secretive. Hopefully this helps others in the future

my $500 quest may be impossible

OptiBoard Professional brucekrymow's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    DigitalTrace is the easiest, fastest & most affordable Remote Tracing & simple Rx Ordering solution for a single or connecting multiple locations with a centralized edging lab location.

This works perfect with your Optronics 4T tracer & 7E edger. It may work w/ the Essilor Phi tracer & the Gerber Coburn Triumph edger depending on the firmware version & settings.

Your shop will have faster turnaround for your customer's eyewear, reduce breakage, labor & inventory costs, eliminate double-data entry & errors, store a shape so your customer does not have to be without their frames, have the ability to block & edge a job in minutes & store jobs with the shapes for fast redos & 2nd pairs. This all translates to retaining the repeat & multiple-pair customer over the course of time - the goal all ODs, opticians & optical shop principals desire.

Certainly not $500.00, but this is nonetheless the most inexpensive solution in the world at $2,700.00, total for both the Host & Remote. It is a very fast & easy program with a tiny footprint that sets up in minutes - try the full version FREE for 30 days... absolutely no obligation.

Please note that the Visual Lab Pro Trace Server for Remote Job Transfer is $2,400 for just the Host location, then $1,520.00 for each Remote location, is complicated to get installed, set up & maintain, has a larger footprint & is not very user friendly. And should it matter to you, it should be disclosed that VLP ownership is controlled by Essilor.

I'll email more details to you directly.

Optivision, Inc.
    LMS Lab Software
    Remote Tracing/Edging

602.277.2614 x2

www.optivision.com
    www.digitaltrace.net
    bruce@optivision.com

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    hello to all.

thanks
    Sorry, I've been out of pocket and away from Optiboard for a few days.

The least expensive edition of Innovations that would allow you to connect tracers and edgers of various types and pass data from the tracers to the edgers is Innovations Remote which costs $995.

You'd need to configure the Phi for OMA communications - that requires configuration barcodes, which are available from Gerber Coburn (oops, Coburn Technologies) if you don't have them.

It's available from Ocuco USA at 866-599-5367.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbaum View Post
    Sorry, I've been out of pocket and away from Optiboard for a few days.

The least expensive edition of Innovations that would allow you to connect tracers and edgers of various types and pass data from the tracers to the edgers is Innovations Remote which costs $995.

You'd need to configure the Phi for OMA communications - that requires configuration barcodes, which are available from Gerber Coburn (oops, Coburn Technologies) if you don't have them.

It's available from Ocuco USA at 866-599-5367.
    thanks

Thread Information