Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Am out for the weekend, and I'm wishing all my OB friends a wonderful safe holiday. I myself am thankfull that my husband is home safe from the Navy, and send everyone who is serving, has served or is waiting home for their serve-ee a big hug, thanks for your service, and try to eat as much as you possibly can for turkey day.

The calories don't count on holidays, dontcha know?:)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's going to be a somber Thanksgiving for my family and I. My mother passed away last year December 3rd so it's our 1st Thanksgiving without her. She had a long 5 week battle from a massive stroke and fortunately/unfortunately I was there when she went into 3 cardiac arrests. I know my mom is up there hoping I make the best of it. This is her favorite time of year and so I plan on decorating, just as she would. My dad has given my fiance and I all of the decor and Christmas tree..after 42 years, he's not ready to decorate by himself.

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Be thankful for your family and friends

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Keri_Leigh27 View Post
    It's going to be a somber Thanksgiving for my family and I. My mother passed away last year December 3rd so it's our 1st Thanksgiving without her. She had a long 5 week battle from a massive stroke and fortunately/unfortunately I was there when she went into 3 cardiac arrests. I know my mom is up there hoping I make the best of it. This is her favorite time of year and so I plan on decorating, just as she would. My dad has given my fiance and I all of the decor and Christmas tree..after 42 years, he's not ready to decorate by himself.

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Be thankful for your family and friends
    Keri, it's my first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my mother as well. I know how you are feeling. But, mine is watching over everthing as well, so we'll celebrate in our own way. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Bad year for Mom's I quess. Mine passed away at the end of October. I got a chance to say my goodbyes so I am ok with this. The great memories we have should sustain us when we start to feel sad. Feeling sad is selfish in a way because we're putting the focus on ourselves rather than the gifts we've been given by our Moms. I am thankful for them, and for all the blessings I have been given and taught to appreciate by my parents. Happy Thanksgiving to you all from harry j
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Bad year for Mom's I quess. Mine passed away at the end of October. I got a chance to say my goodbyes so I am ok with this. The great memories we have should sustain us when we start to feel sad. Feeling sad is selfish in a way because we're putting the focus on ourselves rather than the gifts we've been given by our Moms. I am thankful for them, and for all the blessings I have been given and taught to appreciate by my parents. Happy Thanksgiving to you all from harry j
    Sorry to hear about your mother as well. It isn't easy being 27 years old, going without a mom, trying to plan a wedding and the next big step in life will be creating my own family..just as she wanted me to. I do agree that she's up there wanting me to be happy and I couldn't be anymore happier. Like I said, this is her favorite time of year and it is mine as well. She would want me to decorate and be thankful for what I have.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Well, if you want to lighten the mood on Thanksgiving, just think of this great Thanksgiving quote:
    "As God as my witness, I thought turkey could fly."
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information