Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Reducing the deficit

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCrafter View Post

Well at this point in America, no minority has been charged with a hate crime. There have only been whites. So are you trying to say that no minority's have committed any hate crimes and that white folks are the only ones?

A review of available race data reported in 2008 for the 6,927 known hate crime offenders revealed that:
    • 61.1 percent were white.
    • 20.2 percent were black.
    • 5.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
    • 1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
    • 0.7 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
    • 11.0 percent were unknown.
    It's worth noting that while 20.2 percent of hate crime offenders were black, blacks constitute around 12% of the U.S. population. Not only are blacks implicated in hate crimes, they are implicated disproportionately.

source: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2008

MasterCrafter OptiBoarder MasterCrafter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbaum View Post
    A review of available race data reported in 2008 for the 6,927 known hate crime offenders revealed that:
    • 61.1 percent were white.
    • 20.2 percent were black.
    • 5.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
    • 1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
    • 0.7 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
    • 11.0 percent were unknown.
    It's worth noting that while 20.2 percent of hate crime offenders were black, blacks constitute around 12% of the U.S. population. Not only are blacks implicated in hate crimes, they are implicated disproportionately.

source: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2008
    But as i noted ... none were charged.

Take a look at the black panther case.. where there was clear voter intimidation. were they charged? No they were not. But they would probably be listed under these statics

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Yep, ZERO were charged. Only White people.

if you disagree, then you are a LIBERAL

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    Yep, ZERO were charged. Only White people.

if you disagree, then you are a LIBERAL
    So why isnt King Samir Shabazz of the new black panthers under arrest for saying "kill kracker babies". This is just one thing. It is inciting physical harm to others. Is he in jail? He should be. He was the one also intimidating people at the polling place with a deadly weapon.

Occupation
    You honestly do not think that white people get away with this stuff?

and wait, you just told me a few pages back about freedom of speech and how Canada has no freedom of speech. Yet, you are now saying people should be arrested for what they say?

Occupation
    You honestly do not think that white people get away with this stuff?

and wait, you just told me a few pages back about freedom of speech and how Canada has no freedom of speech. Yet, you are now saying people should be arrested for what they say?
    if they are calling for physical harm on somebody? why yes.. just like you cannot yell fire in a crowded theater. But in America you can get arrested for telling somebody to go back to thier own country

Occupation
    if they are calling for physical harm on somebody? why yes.. just like you cannot yell fire in a crowded theater. But in America you can get arrested for telling somebody to go back to thier own country
    Seems like your policies change based on who says what to who.

Occupation
    But as i noted ... none were charged.

Take a look at the black panther case.. where there was clear voter intimidation. were they charged? No they were not. But they would probably be listed under these statics
    Now you are confusing voter intimidation with hate crime, and hate crime with hate speech.

Of course minorities have been charged with hate crimes. Example: http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-roundu...,1032085.story.

Occupation
    Now you are confusing voter intimidation with hate crime, and hate crime with hate speech.

Of course minorities have been charged with hate crimes. Example: http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-roundu...1032085.story.
    for some reason i cannot view that link. so i will have to look later.

but King Samir Shabazz is the man involved in both. look at some of the videos of him on the streets inciting physical harm. threatning death.

also would you like to comment on Juan Williams?

Occupation
    for some reason i cannot view that link. so i will have to look later.

but King Samir Shabazz is the man involved in both. look at some of the videos of him on the streets inciting physical harm. threatning death.

also would you like to comment on Juan Williams?
    I do not know the details of the Shabazz case, but I do not think that the lawyers in the Justice Department are either idiots or ideologues, and I seriously doubt that they wouldn't love to put that guy away if they thought they could. The better question would be why the Pennsylvania authorities haven't prosecuted him if he had a firearm at a polling place. Of course, some pretty weird firearms laws have gotten passed lately, so maybe that's allowed in Pennsylvania now.

On its face, it looks like Williams was terminated over a trifle.

Occupation
    I do not know the details of the Shabazz case, but I do not think that the lawyers in the Justice Department are either idiots or ideologues, and I seriously doubt that they wouldn't love to put that guy away if they thought they could. The better question would be why the Pennsylvania authorities haven't prosecuted him if he had a firearm at a polling place. Of course, some pretty weird firearms laws have gotten passed lately, so maybe that's allowed in Pennsylvania now.

i saw this post somebody wrote on abc news, and feel it says alot about the juan williams situation and liberals

Political correctness is a method of censorship and controlling other peoples behavior by the left. But if you are a conservative who gets offended by art works of a crucifix in a jar of urine or the mother Mary painted in dung, or a transvestite teaching in your child's school or a flag burning- you do not have the right to be offended because you are a closed minded bigot. The Left is full of lies, double standards and idiots. They are skewering Juan to set an example to all the other "reasonable" Dems who will at least engage in a reasonable dialog with conservatives. This does not follow their template which is to silence the right (take away the microphone), filter the facts and cover only the stories that will affect public opinion, and demonize conservatives rather than allow them to articulate their positions publicly. There are lefties right here calling for bans of other commentators and other news channels... No more dinner parties with the NY and Washington elites for poor Juan- even though he defended their positions he let the other side speak.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Essentially it's looking to me like NPR is trying to make an example of him. They've warned some of their corrispondents in the past about appearing on fox and they also had an issue apparently with them using the title "Senior NPR analyst" on the show. I'm one who thinks the P.C. stuff is out of control so on the surface it looks like the word "trifle" is accurate.

Here's what's being reported that he said. "I mean look Bill, I'm not a biggot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country, but when I get on a plane, I got to tell you if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous." He also made mention to the remarks of the times square bomber where he was essentially just reciting what the guy said which I see no problem with. But NPR released the statement that basically said they were releasing the Senior news analyst because the remarks were inconsistant with their editorial practices.
    "Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin.

Occupation
    Well, whatever the wingnut blogosphere has to spew about it, it doesn't appear that NPR is shy about discussing it:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...liams-contract

Occupation
    Well, whatever the wingnut blogosphere has to spew about it, it doesn't appear that NPR is shy about discussing it:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...liams-contract
    Well i for one hope funding gets pulled on NPR. Why are my tax dollars going to such a far left organization? Before people start saying "they are not far left" Take a look at this.

In October 2010, NPR accepted a $1.8 million grant from George Soros, given through his Open Society Foundation. The grant is meant to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years.

George Soros would not donate to a conservative organization.

Now , it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the firing of Williams and George Soros donating this kind of money is not just a coincidence.

Occupation
    Well i for one hope funding gets pulled on NPR. Why are my tax dollars going to such a far left organization? Before people start saying "they are not far left" Take a look at this.

In October 2010, NPR accepted a $1.8 million grant from George Soros, given through his Open Society Foundation. The grant is meant to begin a project called Impact of Government that is intended to add at least 100 journalists at NPR member radio stations in all 50 states over the next three years.

George Soros would not donate to a conservative organization.

Now , it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the firing of Williams and George Soros donating this kind of money is not just a coincidence.
    Well, I only have a couple of direct reports here in the U.S., but if Soros wants to give me $1.8 million to fire one of them, I would be receptive.

Actually, I wouldn't classify NPR as far left, because that leaves no way to describe Pacifica Radio. But you're right, I wouldn't expect Soros to donate to a conservative organization, though I don't know for a fact that he has not done so. His donation surprises me no more that Rupert Murdoch's donation to the GOP.

Yes, I'm sure it's all one huge conspiracy, because Williams was so influential, and such a threat. I bet the Trilateral Commission is involved, too.

Occupation
    Well, I only have a couple of direct reports here in the U.S., but if Soros wants to give me $1.8 million to fire one of them, I would be receptive.

Actually, I wouldn't classify NPR as far left, because that leaves no way to describe Pacifica Radio. But you're right, I wouldn't expect Soros to donate to a conservative organization, though I don't know for a fact that he has not done so. His donation surprises me no more that Rupert Murdoch's donation to the GOP.

Yes, I'm sure it's all one huge conspiracy, because Williams was so influential, and such a threat. I bet the Trilateral Commission is involved, too.
    Rupert Murdoch IMO, seems to hide nothing. He is up front with what he wants and where he's going.

Unlike George Soros who is a slimeball who manipulates currency's , gets convicted of insider trading, and keeps messing with American politics.

Occupation
    Excuse me? Rupert Murdoch doesn't "mess with American politics"?

You do realize that I'm talking about the Australian-born guy who owns Fox, don't you?

I didn't say that Murdoch "hid" anything. Apparently, neither does Soros, given what you know about him - although you really should know him better before deciding he's a "slimeball". If his politics were different, I bet he'd be your hero.

Occupation
    Excuse me? Rupert Murdoch doesn't "mess with American politics"?

You do realize that I'm talking about the Australian-born guy who owns Fox, don't you?

I didn't say that Murdoch "hid" anything. Apparently, neither does Soros, given what you know about him - although you really should know him better before deciding he's a "slimeball". If his politics were different, I bet he'd be your hero.
    Au Contraire, Mon Frère,

He would not be my hero. Besides somebody has to have a Conservative slant. But even with that being said Fox News has way more liberals and progressives on compared to any of the other networks having Conservatives on.

I can not go to another channel and see 2 points of views. Even Sean Hannity has more liberals on than any one i know compared to a liberal having Conservatives.

I challenge you to find positive story's about Republicans (especially Conservative Republicans) on ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN or any big newspaper other than Fox News or the Wall Street Journal. And I'm talking BIG networks and papers.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rupert Murdoch IMO, seems to hide nothing. He is up front with what he wants and where he's going.
    He hides behind the phrase "fair and balanced", which he is not, and only ignorant people believe.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Au Contraire, Mon Frère,

He would not be my hero. Besides somebody has to have a Conservative slant. But even with that being said Fox News has way more liberals and progressives on compared to any of the other networks having Conservatives on.

I can not go to another channel and see 2 points of views. Even Sean Hannity has more liberals on than any one i know compared to a liberal having Conservatives.

I challenge you to find positive story's about Republicans (especially Conservative Republicans) on ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN or any big newspaper other than Fox News or the Wall Street Journal. And I'm talking BIG networks and papers.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...h-leaning-gop/

That took me about 60 second

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    Interesting, from New York Times columnist David Leonhardt.

Quote:
    So here's a little rule: If you want to be taken seriously when you rail against the deficit, you need to support one of the following four policies. Better yet, support more than one.

Ready for the four? One, cuts to Medicare. Two, cuts to Social Security. Three, military cuts. Four, tax increases. Any budget expert will tell you that we simply cannot fix the deficit without doing at least one of those four.
    http://marketplace.publicradio.org/d...r-the-deficit/
    And the correct answer is... (ignore the foot stomping, and the huffing and puffing)

You need to raise taxes and cut spending to balance the budget.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Occupation
    a blog? what about thier broadcasts?

Occupation
    Over the weekend i am convinced about something

Obama needs glasses !! and somebody needs to tell him about Pelosi's poll numbers.

He said , and i quote

"And what can I say about Nancy Pelosi — who will go down in history as one of the finest speakers in the history of the United States of America. She is — Nancy is just so elegant and beautiful, and people just don’t realize she is tough.

He says this about Nancy Pelosi who's approval rating is below 20%
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MasterCrafter; 10-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You still haven't told me what in the world Repubs like about that crazy Alaskan woman, Palin.
    For every Pelosi there is a Palin.

And wait- now you are attacking Pelosi because of her LOOKS!!!????
    Sorry, I have nothing more to say to you.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    You still haven't told me what in the world Repubs like about that crazy Alaskan woman, Palin.
    For every Pelosi there is a Palin.

And wait- now you are attacking Pelosi because of her LOOKS!!!????
    Sorry, I have nothing more to say to you.
    Ultimately, isn't that why you hate Palin?

Except, it is the exact opposite. Maybe she is too good looking?

Thread Information