Thread: Who will work on a Santinelli International LE-9000SX ?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Confused Who will work on a Santinelli International LE-9000SX ?

I have a Santinelli International LE-9000SX . . lately it has been randomly cutting jobs super small and without a bevel and recently started opening the chuck and dropping the lenses. Santinelli wants $400 dollars just to drive an hour from Atlanta then $225 dollars an hour to work on it plus parts. Does anyone know of a company that will service the edger for a better price? I'm located in Columbus, GA. - Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Well, I'd have Santinelli do it anyway. But, if not call VSI http://www.patternless.com/ and see what they have to say. I don't know about cost, but their work and reputation are impecable.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by listenclose23 View Post
    I have a Santinelli International LE-9000SX . . lately it has been randomly cutting jobs super small and without a bevel and recently started opening the chuck and dropping the lenses. Santinelli wants $400 dollars just to drive an hour from Atlanta then $225 dollars an hour to work on it plus parts. Does anyone know of a company that will service the edger for a better price? I'm located in Columbus, GA. - Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I's suck it up and let santinelli come and work on your machine. I know it hurts ( in the wallet) but it is their product and they know how best to fix it.
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Thanks WFruit for the web site...I see you are in NY, I used to work for cohens optical in NYC...helped them transition the General Vision Services chains he bought into more of retail oriented offices...man I miss NY!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by listenclose23 View Post
    The Atlanta area has on of their best service techs;I actually recommended him for the job many years ago.
    Craig

Thread Information