Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essilor EyeCode

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Same answer.

In France, you can order the glasses on a site (opsysweb.com) where you input all the measures needed for Eyecode program.

The big advantages :

• no mistakes (or it's yours...)
    • PMS link (if available)
    • Essilor stored indefinitely the data (with the form of the frame if you order with a special thickness)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did anyone actually paid for it? How much?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i have visioffice in my office and wear the SV eyecode lenses. Love the lenses; i'm a minus four and they have an amazing field of vision for me with absolutely no difference in vision from the edges of my lenses to the optical center to the other edge.
    The Visioffice is a nice contraption. I, like others have mentioned, always manually take segs before I take the lenses out and position the patient to take the measurements. I haven't sold any physio eyecodes yet due to cost, but I'm working on a new fee schedule to help with that.
    Do any of you "bundle" your lenses with material and AR options?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I certainly hope that one won't need this fancy machine to sell expensive frames, because our Visioffice has let us down. Worse, good customers are unhappy with their S series and we have had to remake quite a few lenses at our expense. We are still trying to make our Visioffice function outside of its use as a "cool" sales tool for people who need their current glasses on to see what they look like in other frames, and also people who love attention. It has been frustrating trying to get any help from Essilor: after all, we bought it, so the sale has been made. Why should Essilor bother with a fussy customer when the ultimate goal of this technology is most likely to acclimate consumers to the idea of digital measurements, looking ahead to a means of directly "fitting" the patient on the internet. I wonder about the prevalence of pleased Visioffice users in my research...I am willing to assume responsibility for using it improperly and thus ordering useless lenses, but having taken the webinar and practiced exhaustively, I'm thinking I may have just bought a very expensive conversation piece for my practice.
    Feedback much appreciated from those with any insight...
    As for my opinion on whether or not others should invest in this technology, in case I didn't come off as frustrated enough, here it is: Don't buy one. Get a good pupilometer and a milimeter rule.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hi folks, I have been following your coments on the S series with a lot of curiosity, since we don't have this lens in brazil (and we might never have it). The "best" lens avaliable from essilor here is the Ipseo, and in order to sell it you need a VisioOffice.
    Where I'm trying to get is, in theory the ipseo is a great lens due to the possibility to customize it to the pacient's eye and head movement, but I was wondering how it really holds up against it's rivals? What are your experiences comparing them to the Zeiss Individual 2 and the Hoya Lifestyle?
    ps. sorry for my poor english

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    you can get all the same measurements that the visuaoffice, iterminal, and optikam does except for about 9,000 to 13,000 less using the spectangle app on the iPad with hoya. You can also get several other apps that run in conjunction with the spectangle like the HVC app that you can change the lens, AR, etc... on the fly while the patient looks through it on the iPad. the spectangle app is only $499 and you take four pictures to get all the measurements (pd, a,b,dbl, vertex, wrap, panto, etc....) Patients love the optician using the iPad and even the older generation thinks its cool. You can get the iPad and the app for a total investment of under $1,000. Once you get those measurements you just type in the patients name and prescription and the types of lifestyle/hobbies the patient has (like computer, driving, reading, etc...) and you can order the ID Mystyle lens from the iPad to the lab. you can track the order through the iPad as well. Get with your local hoya rep if you want more info. I believe they have some sort of rewards program to help offset the cost of the iPad and the app

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The Hoya progressive simulator is very good and the Ipad is very handy. The measurement tool on Optikam vs Hoya is a lopsided win for Optikam. 1 picture taken with terrific accuracy vs 3 pictures taken including non flattering angles with Hoya. With the new Ipad from Optikam the system is better yet. Not sure on pricing for either one...

Thread Information