Thread: good day to be me

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

good day to be me

I had a patient in today who had the worst experience with her glasses. Someone in the office fubared them all to heck. Not me I would point out. She had just started a new job and could not read with the glasses and was embarrassed by it. I have been in that position so my heart went out to her Then she cried and I felt even worse. I remade them and did everything I could for her and a few things I should not have done. Well she came in to get the glasses I ordered for her. She could read with them! They were not to big and they looked nice on her. Made my night that she was happy with them. That is why I love my job.It was a good day today.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good for you! Don't you love that feeling? I love being able to turn a person's frustrating experience with glasses into a pleasurable one. I'm pretty honored that people trust that I will do right by them and take care of their needs. It's a huge responsibilty but I like it! :)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And that's how you build a following and referrals.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Will you explain what the person did that made these glasses unusable? I am new and want to avoid making mistakes.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The frame was to big for starters and they tried to do a ft28 computer Rx . The glasses did not fit they had screwed up the computer Rx.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sounds like a math mistake when putting intermediate in the distance part. ft28 segments for computer glasses are good if done right. Then the person can do close work throu the bifocal and view screen throu the distance lens with intermediate power.

I thought the glasses had problem with lens falling out due to unsuitable frame design. Its getting where I hate to see a high plus person come in for glasses. They all want the thinnest wire rim.

Congratualtions for making things right.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by constancemarie View Post
    That is a good day! I've always thought building referrals is the way to go, and when it happens naturally like in your case, that's fantastic. I've worked for both an optician and an orhtodontist (both gain most of their business by local referrers - It was in a small town, where people still used phone books) and the best part of those jobs were watching people who were embarrassed by either thick glasses or a bad bite come begin to feel confident, lighter somehow, happy. There's nothing like it in the world.

Why is it that you have to have a link to a third party insurance co in your signature? Do you work for or own that company? If so, you are spamming this forum. Not a good way to introduce yourself if you are indeed in optical.
    Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 09-13-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information