Thread: Major 7E trouble

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Major 7E trouble

Our 7E has stopped polishing. I thought the pump was not working but it is. It will polish the backside of the lens but only in certain spots. We also have a cutting issue. I have to recalibrate the cutter about 3-4 times day. That just doesnt seem normal. It will go from cutting to small to cutting to big, but most of the time it cuts to small. I don't have time to recalibrate so I end up making the box size bigger and bigger. Currently the highest record is +.90.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    I also forgot, we have calibrated the wheel for polishing but it still will not polish. No matter what number we put in the boxes on screen it still won't polish

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    In my experience the first thing to check when you get this type of issue is the blade. Is it loose or has it tilted? Try taking it out and re-seating it. If you have changed any of your size or bias settings in the calibration screen you will probably have to do a 'full calibration'. In the manual I am looking at it is on pages 5-3 through 5-21. We have 9 of these edgers and there have been a few times that I have forgotten to check the blade until I have been working on it for 30-45 minutes. Good luck.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Could it be that your tracer is causing the sizing issue? Or is the sizing problem only on this one machine?
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by JH View Post
    In my experience the first thing to check when you get this type of issue is the blade. Is it loose or has it tilted? Try taking it out and re-seating it. If you have changed any of your size or bias settings in the calibration screen you will probably have to do a 'full calibration'. In the manual I am looking at it is on pages 5-3 through 5-21. We have 9 of these edgers and there have been a few times that I have forgotten to check the blade until I have been working on it for 30-45 minutes. Good luck.
    How old is your set up?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Check your body calibration first and make sure that's good. Then check your lense size/bevel calibration.

Is your machine dirty? If so give it a good cleaning so the encoders have good clean contact points.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    So things were running smoothly for a little bit then all of a sudden the machine decided to cut whatever size it wanted to cut. I calibrated the cutter to 58mm just like the manual says and after I get back to the Job Screen and cut the job, the lense is to small or to big. It still won't polish after I calibrated the wheels, it hasn't for a week now

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Does it go into the polish cycle but just not hit the polish wheel? If so, there is some serious miscalibration. Or at least incomplete calibration. Got to do it step by step, wheel by wheel.
    Or the EPROM is not storing your changes.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Also, make sure the scervo coupling screws are tight. Sometimes the vibrate loose.

Thread Information