wanted...Optical Lens Storage Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted...Optical Lens Storage Cabinet

anyone have any ideas where to look for stock lens cabinets?

let me ask it differently then....what do you all use for storing an inventory of stock sv lenses?

Comment

hobart cabinets has them, but they are not cheap. they also have an ebay store

Comment

Where the heck are all the used ones?

Comment

Barry Sheppard has some on his list.

Comment

I'm not sure if you have a state surplus store near you, but if you do I would check with them. I just got 2 hon filing cabinets and a big tansco card filing cabinet for $55 (total.) The card filing cabinet has a divider down the middle of each drawer and will easily fit 2 rows of lenses down each side. The only problem would be if you need something decorative, the stuff from the state gets lots of use, and it's not always perfect...little bangs and dents here and there, but if it's function over fashion you are looking for, it's worth a look. Hope that helps a little! :)

Comment

thanks guys, I have an appt to look at a couple from a small local lab next week, hopefully he will be reasonable on them.

Comment

I am actually using a regular filing cabinets.. I can fit 2 or 3 of the boxes I get our lenses in to each drawer, those boxes are also divided.. so I can fit a fair amount into them and still have things organized enough to find them quickly. Not the prettiest.. but I didn't have to spend a dime on it (ok.. maybe a few for labeling..)
                "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

I have 2 but I'm in NJ. any interest?

Comment

I found two from a local lab so i'm all set...thanks

Comment

I would be....how much and what size? I also live in ca ....would that be a problem for you? As far as the shipping is what I mean about problem.
                      Thanks leeli

Comment

sorry, there gone already

Comment

I hate to sound cheap, but I am cheap. You can make yourself some out of your incoming lenses cardboard, add packing tape, you're good to go. SECOND POST.... YEAaaaaHHHH!!!!!

Comment

I've got some in my warehouse if anyone wants them. They are made by Steelcase (hubba hubba!), and they are 6 drawer, card style drawers. Each drawer is split down the middle and holds about 200 lenses.

If you want something nicer, I had lens cabinets custom made to fit under my edger. They slide out, and eac drawer is divided into 4 sections. They have the self closing slides, and are rated for 150lbs each. My main office has them in oak, but I've had them made in hickory and maple as well.
                            Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

How much do you want for them? And where would they be shipping from...are they in decent condition?
                              Originally posted by Johns View Post
                              I've got some in my warehouse if anyone wants them. They are made by Steelcase (hubba hubba!), and they are 6 drawer, card style drawers. Each drawer is split down the middle and holds about 200 lenses.

If you want something nicer, I had lens cabinets custom made to fit under my edger. They slide out, and eac drawer is divided into 4 sections. They have the self closing slides, and are rated for 150lbs each. My main office has them in oak, but I've had them made in hickory and maple as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X