Thread: What's with list.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What's with list.

This is a little game we play between opticians during the little bit of down time we have where we take a few minutes to vent about things that aggrivate us during the day. I know that most of us really never have anything that just pushes our buttons but if you can think of anything feel free to vent about it here. Plus it's just fun.

The general idea is to complete this sentence (What's with...). You can fill it in with anything you want (usually related to your job but I've been known to drop the question on the UPS guy before). It goes something like this

"What's up with..." and then you might fill in the blank with something like this:

"...plastic baggies? What made you think that all those broken pieces of frame tumbling around inside a plastic baggie weren’t going to scratch up your lenses? There’s a reason the box they come in doesn’t say “protective plastic baggies.” P.S. If you’re putting a bunch of frame parts together in a little baggie and then put it in your purse for safe keeping – you get extra credit."

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Don't try to fake like you didn't scratch that lady's lenses, she and I both know it was your fault; you never even told her it was possible for the frame to break, she wouldn't have spent all that money if you had! You need to man up and replace them under warranty, after all they were only 7 years old.

PS What's with semi-colons? Didi I use that thing right or should I have gone w/ two sentences?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogu View Post
    Don't try to fake like you didn't scratch that lady's lenses, she and I both know it was your fault; you never even told her it was possible for the frame to break, she wouldn't have spent all that money if you had! You need to man up and replace them under warranty, after all they were only 7 years old.

PS What's with semi-colons? Didi I use that thing right or should I have gone w/ two sentences?
    Lol. I've scratched a few lenses in my time that's for sure. This thread didn't get the response I intended. It's just a little "game" we play around here passing emails between us and we build upon the list. We get input from outside sources too like delivery guys or the I.T. people. We just say "complete this sentence; What's with...?" It's a chance to vent or point out things you find goofy or whatever's on your mind. You'd be surprised at some of the responses.

As for the semi-colon (notice I used one) there are quite a few uses so we'll just say that your's was appropriate. Generally you would use it to separate two different thoughts or words and another use would be to signify the beginning of a list.
    "Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin.

Thread Information