Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Any Photochromics Comming Back?

Not getting dark enough?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We've had some issues lately with patients complaining along those lines. In one instance we mistakenly ordered a single vision lens for a patient in Poly Trans grey. They changed fine but when we remade them correctly we used Hoya's Phoenix Transitions in a FT28 and the patient brought them back. The poly SV pair definitely got darker and did it faster. For the most part I think what we're dealing with here is a combination of a hot summer season which messes with the lenses, but also the public has been bombarded with commercials on TV about how if you used your VSP insurance your satisfaction with Transitions lenses is 100% guaranteed! Once they hear that if those lenses don't change to sunglasses in the car guess what-you're screwed! They did say 100% right?
    Chris Beard
    The State of Jefferson !

I'm a Medford man – Medford, Oregon. Up in Medford, we take our time making up our minds."

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It has been so hot lately, and very hot where it not usually hot. I was remembering the hot spells and how we'd get a lot of returns for lenes not getting dark as people wanted them to.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Photochromic lenses can be made to stay darker when they warm up, but the side effect of this is that they will take forever to fade back in the winter.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When I have a patient wanting to purchase transitions, I take a couple of minutes and explain how they work. I let them know the lenses will not get dark in the car, and why. I also let then know that if you wear a ball cap then lenses will not get enough light, and will not darken as much as they could. I find if I explain how the transition works, then the patients do not have an unrealistic expectation. Our complain rate and refund rate is very very low.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not anymore its cold now~

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

new photochromic technology

Forgive me, but there is another option in photochromic technology that you will hear about soon. Marma USA has the Dinamica Revolution lenses in white and sun, and its fast, offers a good color range, and index 1.50, 1.61, 1.67, & 1.74. (more information is on the company website www.marmausa.com)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    idigit, EVERY post of yours is a shill for this company and the Dinamica Revolution. I know supporting the board with a donation makes it looks like you're legit, too. I wish there was an ignore list
    Last edited by Geirskogul; 11-06-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by FVCCHRIS View Post
    the public has been bombarded with commercials on TV about how if you used your VSP insurance your satisfaction with Transitions lenses is 100% guaranteed! Once they hear that if those lenses don't change to sunglasses in the car guess what-you're screwed! They did say 100% right?
    Key is to explain to patients that transitions aren't a replacement for sunglasses nor do they change into sunglasses. The can go extra active as an option if they want visible light changes. Yes on the 6 month satisfaction plan through VSP too.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyegal30yrs View Post
    When I have a patient wanting to purchase transitions, I take a couple of minutes and explain how they work. I let them know the lenses will not get dark in the car, and why. I also let then know that if you wear a ball cap then lenses will not get enough light, and will not darken as much as they could. I find if I explain how the transition works, then the patients do not have an unrealistic expectation. Our complain rate and refund rate is very very low.
    +1
    Properly medicated for your protection.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Geirskogul - Hey there ..... First, let me say thanks for reading my post. I am flattered. I suppose you dont need to read any more of my posts though, and in response to your overall tone, do I think what I have to say is meaningful and relevant. Good luck with your endeavors.

Though it is not entirely true, here is what you wrote;

Quote Originally Posted by Geirskogul View Post
    idigit, EVERY post of yours is a shill for this company and the Dinamica Revolution. I know supporting the board with a donation makes it looks like you're legit, too. I wish there was an ignore list

Thread Information