Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Essilor Has Purchased and Now Owns (Insert Company Name Here)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeyejim View Post
    Precisely!! Kind of like VSP adding a new lab here and there.
    They too are doing the same as Essilor and others and doing so to help them compete in the distribution of product. Let's be real, Essilor is only trying to secure product to the market and all the others are trying to limit or keep them in check as best they can.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper They are not trying anymore ..............they have succeded.........................

Quote Originally Posted by racethe1320 View Post

They too are doing the same as Essilor and others and doing so to help them compete in the distribution of product. Let's be real, Essilor is only trying to secure product to the market and all the others are trying to limit or keep them in check as best they can.
    They are not trying anymore ..............they have succeded. At 43,000 employees world wide listed on CAC, and buying up any competitor they can, they have become what the Roman Empire was 2000 years ago for the world, in the optical industry.

Read up at --------------------------> http://article.wn.com/view/2012/08/3...012_Results_e/

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Essilor now owns Excel Optical.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I wanted to start a thread that lists all the optical companies (labs, retailers, manufactures and others) that Essilor has purchased through the years. I am not doing this to bash the evil empire, but to create a reference of once great optical companies that will slowly sail into oblivion as the Borg absorbs them into the collective. This is a memorial of sorts.

May they rest in peace.
    (Company name, Type of Business, City, and Year are all helpful)

Example:
    Pech Optical Corp., Optical Lab, Sioux City Iowa, Purchased 2007 (new tag line: "Owned by Essilor... just like you")
    lol

Occupation

Essilor now owns Excel Optical.

X-Cel Optical Company, there has not been an official Press Release to this fact anywhere up to this date and time. Vision Monday must have acted on some insider information. I have tried to find something all over the web, but not could not dig up any news. Interesting.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    X-Cel Optical Company, there has not been an official Press Release to this fact anywhere up to this date and time. Vision Monday must have acted on some insider information. I have tried to find something all over the web, but not could not dig up any news. Interesting.
    I heard about it a week ago from someone at Essilor, I didn't say anything because I didn't have 2 reliable sources, just one. I try not to feed the rumor mill too much. After X-Cel's many pleas that they would never sell over the years, its only fitting they remain silent though. Either that, or they are in Hawaii.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Essilor announces purchase of "Intreactif Visuel" (IVS) :

http://www.visionmonday.com/ViewCont...4/Default.aspx

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Judy Canty; 10-01-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Either Essilor will buy out PPG, or PPG Essilor, there is a divorce in the works after 22 years of marriage.

Guess who will probably own Transitions in whole.

PITTSBURGH— PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG) announced today that it is currently in discussions withEssilor International (ESSI.PA) relating to the future of PPG’s and Essilor’s joint venture, Transitions Optical, a leading provider of photochromic lenses to optical manufacturers and a consolidated subsidiary of PPG. PPG is the majority shareholder in Transitions Optical, which was formed in 1990, holding a 51 percent interest in the joint venture companies. Essilor holds the remaining 49 percent interest and is also the largest customer of Transitions Optica

Occupation

Redhot Jumper There is still no Press Release from Essilor direct about X-Cel......................

There is still no Press Release from Essilor direct about X-Cel. The latest PR is one dated the day before yesterday and reads as follows:

Essilor in discussions withPPG
    regarding TransitionsOptical joint venture

Charenton-le-Pont, France(January 15, 2013 – 8:30 a.m.) –Essilor International is currently in discussions with PPG Industries, Inc.relating to the future of Essilor’s and PPG’s joint venture, TransitionsOptical, a leading provider of photochromic lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide.
    These discussions are likely to continue for several months.
    Essilor holds a 49% interest inTransitions Optical which was formed in 1990 while PPG is the majority shareholder, holding a 51% interest in the joint venture companies. Transitions Optical is a consolidated subsidiary of PPG.
    While the discussions between PPG and Essilor continue, Transitions Optical intends to continue to operate its business without interruption or change in customer service. As previously announced, Transitions Optical is on schedule in expanding its new technology platforms through major new product introductions globally.
    Essilor continues to developits mission to provide better vision through a clear and solid strategy basedon organic growth and partnerships that are key value creators for the Company.

Occupation

I reported about this on Facebook almost a week ago.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post

I reported about this on Facebook almost a week ago.

Then you must have inside information, check the date of the press release -----------> Charenton-le-Pont, France(January 15, 2013 – 8:30 a.m.)

Occupation
    This is the article that I got it from http://www.visionmonday.com/ViewCont...3/Default.aspx

It is posted on the Optiboard group's page

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    This is the article that I got it from http://www.visionmonday.com/ViewCont...3/Default.aspx

It is posted on the Optiboard group's page
    I think you both win by default!! LOL

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Then you must have inside information, check the date of the press release -----------> Charenton-le-Pont, France(January 15, 2013 – 8:30 a.m.)
    Alleging insider information, really??? Just because YOU didn't post it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Master OptiBoarder Darryl Meister's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    There is still no Press Release from Essilor direct about X-Cel. The latest PR is one dated the day before yesterday and reads as follows:
    Jacqui was referring to Interactif Visuel, not X-Cel. As far as I can tell you guys are all arguing about two completely different things.

Best regards,
    Darryl
    Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Meister View Post
    ...As far as I can tell you guys are all arguing about two completely different things.
    Best regards,
    Darryl
    Essilor has purchased -X-Cel,
    Essilor has purchased Interactif Visual,
    Essilor will probably purchase the controlling interest in Transistions Optical,
    I appreciate all the contributions to this discusssiong whether on FB, or here. Thanks.
    No harm in posting in both places, really.

My concern with Transistions is that they were a subject of a successful anti-trust action a few years ago where Transistions had conspired to keep other Photochromics from being used by lens manufacturers.

Essilor bought Signet Armorlite, which had their own photochromic ...InstaShades... which has now disappeared...
    LifeRX is still made by Vision Ease, and Photofusion by Zeiss... Rodenstock has their Colormatic, but that doesn't exist in the US.

But what if Essilor buys Vision Ease? Would Essilor AND PPG be exposed to another Anti-trust suit? Could PPG's move to get out of Transistions (which has been terrifically profitable for them, and their best known consumer product), be to reduce their potential threats to more anti-trust lawsuits? Do they know something we don't? Just pure speculation, but interesting speculation. But its probably Essilor will control even more of the Photochromic market in the coming year, no matter what happens.

Darryl, any chance Zeiss will license their great Photofusion?

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    There is still no Press Release from Essilor direct about X-Cel.
    Oh, stop it already. It's been in Vision Monday, as was pointed out above, and for further reference, here's a link to the local St. Cloud Minnesota paper that quotes Joe Doescher and Wayne Gottwalt, both major stockholders in X-Cel Optical.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20130...French-company

Isn't that good enough for you?

Not everything has to be found on Google or on Essilor's website. Relax. It's ok.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Essilor bought Signet Armorlite, which had their own photochromic ...InstaShades... which has now disappeared...
    Thanks God!

Master OptiBoarder Darryl Meister's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Essilor has purchased -X-Cel, ... Essilor has purchased Interactif Visual, ... Essilor will probably purchase the controlling interest in Transistions Optical,
    Nevertheless, Chris accused Jacqui of having "inside information" regarding her post about Interactif Visuel on Jan 17th, which in turn was a response to your post on the same topic on Jan 16th. Chris, however, was actually referring to X-Cel Optical, not Interactif Visuel, the subject of Jacqui's post. Mike then proceeded to chastize Chris over his accusation that Jacqui was aware of "inside information." And now we have a page full of posts that represent nothing but a misunderstanding.

Darryl, any chance Zeiss will license their great Photofusion?
    I believe that is indeed an option, at least for a sufficiently large account. Interested parties can always discuss the matter further with their CZV sales representative.

Best regards,
    Darryl
    Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Meister View Post
    Nevertheless, Chris accused Jacqui of having "inside information" regarding her post about Interactif Visuel on Jan 17th, which in turn was a response to your post on the same topic on Jan 16th. Chris, however, was actually referring to X-Cel Optical, not Interactif Visuel, the subject of Jacqui's post. Mike then proceeded to chastize Chris over his accusation that Jacqui was aware of "inside information." And now we have a page full of posts that represent nothing but a misunderstanding.
    Darryl
    Sounds like a soap opera...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have heard from several sources that Essilor now owns Lens Tech Optical out of Greenwood, IN.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Another one bites the dust....RIP VENOPT in Ventura as of yesterday
    Pez:D

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by pezfaerie View Post
    Another one bites the dust....RIP VENOPT in Ventura as of yesterday
    Ouch.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I have heard from several sources that Essilor now owns Lens Tech Optical out of Greenwood, IN.

Yes, it is true...I had the pleasure last week of speaking with a Doctor that only wants to use an independent lab and when I pointed out the fact that they sold to Essilor his response was that it was a partnership like 80% - 20% or something like that. Take the blinders off!

Thread Information