Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100,000

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I would pay my way into the Rodeo Queen quest so I can travel America and Canada wearing a sparkly shirt and a big hat. (allow 20k Aussie, incl. spending money for that trip). the rest I would put a deposit on a house and then start paying my way into Uni to study Forensic Psychology. oohhh, and try & get rid of that pesky credit card debt :/
    Its ok!.....I work at an independant!....and no, thats NOT on sale.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I haven't read this whole thread....

but someone said to invest it in your education. I disagree because you already have one, and know how to get more. I think it would be better spent to spend (or save it for..) your children's education!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I am quite surprised by the responses to this question. No respondants have indicated that they would continue their education. Do you really want to be in the same financial position ten years down the road? I think it's a pretty sad comentary.
    Paying off my mortgage, my credit cards and my daughter's student loans WILL put me in a better financial position ten years down the road. I can't imagine going back to school at 60.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I agree with you hcjilson. I also don't think that another diploma would put me in a better financial position, but I'd like to learn more and more for my personal satisfaction. And I want my children to receive a good education.

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter elaneo's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotonicGuy View Post
    I agree with you hcjilson. I also don't think that another diploma would put me in a better financial position, but I'd like to learn more and more for my personal satisfaction. And I want my children to receive a good education.

Funny you should say this. I know some students who have friends in other classes (at the same institution) that go into lecture halls at the local university and just sit in and listen. I've done it before, EVEN in a smaller classroom size lol.

In university, you're just another face/number...why not learn for free. Not that I support this, but it's great if you would like to get a feel for a class before dishing out a few hundred.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    You can Audit many University classes for a very small fee. This allows you to sit in and participate and such. You do nothave to do any reports or exams. With that said, I guess if the class has 100+ students it is easy to sit in for free. Most of my classes were under 40, so it is more difficult. But I have had guests in some of the classes I teach and I have not booted them out. I honestly do not care.

If I won millions, then I would go to school just for the enjoyment. I would do more history and economics courses.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I am quite surprised by the responses to this question. No respondants have indicated that they would continue their education. Do you really want to be in the same financial position ten years down the road? I think it's a pretty sad comentary.
    I already have a terminal degree and no interest in a PhD at this point in my career. I think it's an excellent commentary how many people are looking to practical and philanthropic uses for their cash first.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Fix the transmission on my Landcruiser, buy some new fishing gear, buy a new mattress to store the leftovers and go sit with a good book and pretend to fish. Buy some meat and go barbeque at Mr. Bakers place.
    Chris Beard
    The State of Jefferson !

I'm a Medford man – Medford, Oregon. Up in Medford, we take our time making up our minds."

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Elaneo, I can learn without getting sneaked into classrooms. When I said that I want to learn more and more, even if I went to a college ( which I graduated many years ago), I referred to teaching myself, like some kind of autodidact. And for my children I would pay for their education of course.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    To improve your financial position, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

I would fix up my house, add an in-law suite so my parents can move in.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    add an in-law suite so my parents can move in.
    ... I thought liberals ship them off to nursing homes?

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    ... I thought liberals ship them off to nursing homes?
    Ask any conservative - It's profitable to keep mom at home with an illegal alien home aid.

Or is that the other way around?

Occupation
    "Profitable" sounds like a conservative concept, whereas harboring an "Illegal" sounds more liberal... Now I'm all confused.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just stay very afraid and vote republican in the fall.

Bed post!

Thread Information