Thread: Anti-Foaming Solution on Circulating Water Supply of the Edging Machine

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Confused Anti-Foaming Solution on Circulating Water Supply of the Edging Machine

Hi Folks! We are using an anti-foaming solution that is mixed with the circulating water supply of the edging machine.

Based on experience is there any problem that will arise on the edging system (we're using Kappa & Gamma).

OptiBoardaholic Ineed Chocolate's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If I remember correctly from my Gamma and Kappa days (and I think the only difference between the two is the fact that one auto-grooves and the other doesn't, I think), you should not have to use an anti-foaming agent with either of those edgers, if you are connected directly to a water source. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me here :) We used a knee-high panty hose attached to the tube/piping that went into the bucket underneath so the electric filter wouldn't have as hard a time filtering the sludge. I changed the water in the bucket about twice a month, as we were connected to the water system in our building, so the edger wasn't re-using dirty water. If you are not connected to a water source, and you are recirculating your re-used water, you should change your water more frequently. You also should contact whomever sold you your machine (JA Optronics can help you on this, better yet CHRIS REYSER, here on O'board)...you don't want to use anything that is not proven safe for that particular system, because certain chemicals can wear down components of your edger...
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    --Carl Jung

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When I used a recirculating method, we dumped some baking soda in the water to keep it from getting nasty (along with the knee-high stocking). We changed the water maybe not quite once a month. Seemed to work pretty well.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks Need Chocolate and Striderswife for the advise. I really appreciate it. I will forward your advise to our mounting department. cheers!

Thread Information