I am a ABO/NCLE dispensing Optical Manager For Wal-mart in Austin, Texas. I'm moving to Puerto Rico beginning of August so my wife may go to Optometry school there. I understand PR requires Opticians to be Licensed and have an Associate degree in Optical Sciences that is recognized by their Board of Higher education. Which schools have associate degrees that are approved by PR? Will PR accept licensing from Texas? Is residency required before licensing or degree plans can be obtained? When and where are the Puerto Rican licensing exams held? Can I take such an exam from Texas? Are there on-line degree plans that would be acceptable in PR? I have attempted to call the office of Regulations and Licensing there but have not gotten a reply yet. Any information I could get from any of you would be greatly appreciated!!! (PS: please don't hold the Wal-mart thing against me- I understand that private practices can do many things that can't be done in my job and I refer potential patents out all the time for expanded lens parameters, isekonic grinds, wrap prescription lenses, and particular lenses and frames we don't have.) Anyway, I'll quit apologizing and appreciate any help you can send me--THANX!!!