Thread: If America Were a Corporation …...............

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper If America Were a Corporation …...............

I came across this website this morning........and it gives some food for thought

If America Were a Corporation …......................
    by Larry Edelson on May 31, 2010 at 8:30 am

This should be a quiet Memorial Day at home with your loved ones, remembering the sung and unsung heroes of America who sacrificed so much to make this country as great as it — yes — still is.

Unfortunately, however, we are now facing the biggest financial battle of all time — because if America were a corporation, it would already be in bankruptcy court.
    The simple truth of the matter is that our country is drowning in debt. $127 trillion, to be precise.

That’s $411,000 of debt for every man, woman and child in this country. Nearly $1.7 million of debt owed by every family of four.

And today, even as we commemorate those who helped build our great nation, investors — both domestic and international — are scrambling for cover from this mother of all financial crises.
    They’re starting to dump U.S. stocks, driving their prices down hard. They’re fleeing the dollar and other currencies, and swarming into the ultimate safe haven, gold.
    But this time, the action you are seeing in the markets will not be temporary, short-term moves.
    Keep in mind, the first phase of this crisis — the real estate implosion — has already largely passed. The second phase was the collapse of the economy, which is still a mortally wounded animal.

The third phase, the most destructive of all, is just beginning.
    Right now, it’s Europe that’s crumbling under the weight of its debts and liabilities. Soon, it will be the U.S.

And those in power will wage war tooth and nail against the debt and dollar meltdown.
    But I’m afraid Washington — and the American people — may lose this battle, and our country may be at the point of no return, unless drastic, new thinking emerges that gives birth to radical new measures that address the heart of the problem: A monetary system built upon debt.
    I have my own thoughts and proposals I am working on to save America from the debt meltdown. When it’s ready, you’ll be among the first to hear about it.

On behalf of the entire Uncommon Wisdom team, warm wishes to you and your family on this Memorial Day.
    Best wishes,
    Larry

For more information and archived issues, visit http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There will always be people who see the glass as half empty and those who see it as half full. Remember the hope Reagan gave the country-even though he ran up the debt, also. A lot of our economy relies on confidence which leads to investment, spending jobs and prosperity. Banks aren't lending like they should from fear. Too many nay sayers will prove themselves right. Let's have a little faith in America, including Canada.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I came across this website this morning........and it gives some food for thought

If America Were a Corporation …......................
    by Larry Edelson on May 31, 2010 at 8:30 am

This should be a quiet Memorial Day at home with your loved ones, remembering the sung and unsung heroes of America who sacrificed so much to make this country as great as it — yes — still is.

Unfortunately, however, we are now facing the biggest financial battle of all time — because if America were a corporation, it would already be in bankruptcy court.
    The simple truth of the matter is that our country is drowning in debt. $127 trillion, to be precise.

That’s $411,000 of debt for every man, woman and child in this country. Nearly $1.7 million of debt owed by every family of four.

And today, even as we commemorate those who helped build our great nation, investors — both domestic and international — are scrambling for cover from this mother of all financial crises.
    They’re starting to dump U.S. stocks, driving their prices down hard. They’re fleeing the dollar and other currencies, and swarming into the ultimate safe haven, gold.
    But this time, the action you are seeing in the markets will not be temporary, short-term moves.
    Keep in mind, the first phase of this crisis — the real estate implosion — has already largely passed. The second phase was the collapse of the economy, which is still a mortally wounded animal.

The third phase, the most destructive of all, is just beginning.
    Right now, it’s Europe that’s crumbling under the weight of its debts and liabilities. Soon, it will be the U.S.

And those in power will wage war tooth and nail against the debt and dollar meltdown.
    But I’m afraid Washington — and the American people — may lose this battle, and our country may be at the point of no return, unless drastic, new thinking emerges that gives birth to radical new measures that address the heart of the problem: A monetary system built upon debt.
    I have my own thoughts and proposals I am working on to save America from the debt meltdown. When it’s ready, you’ll be among the first to hear about it.

On behalf of the entire Uncommon Wisdom team, warm wishes to you and your family on this Memorial Day.
    Best wishes,
    Larry

For more information and archived issues, visit http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com
    This is bunk. If America was a corporation the US gov would bail it right out. America will not recover until the US workers are willing to compete with illegal aliens. The thing making thie tough is that the $7 per hour the US worker will earn will have $3 tax taken out.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This is bunk. If America was a corporation the US gov would bail it right out. America will not recover until the US workers are willing to compete with illegal aliens. The thing making thie tough is that the $7 per hour the US worker will earn will have $3 tax taken out.

Nothing I've looked at places the tax burden anywhere near that. In fact, if you're making that $280/wk (based on 40 hours) your Federal tax liability would be about 10% of the gross yearly income. And you would also be eligible for other tax credits. And would be $10 below the federal poverty level for a two person family.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information