Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic - Roamin' Thru' the Gloamin' with 40,000 Headmen 1973

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

• Fanny - Hey Bulldog 1971

One of my favorite and fun J. Lennon tunes, covered here with a hard-driving guitar break by June Millington.

Comment

• Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles 1977

Comment

• Even at the end, during bitter times, the Liverpool Lads were able to have fun in the studio/rehearsal. Here’s an early version of “She came in Through the Bathroom Window”. Pretty funny exchange at around 1:45 when Paul sings “And so I quit the police department “. ( And got a proper job”.)

Comment

• Originally posted by optical24/7 View Post
            ...the Liverpool Lads were able to have fun in the studio/rehearsal.
            It was incredibly fascinating to see them write "Get Back" in less than a week, as if I was in the same room with them as it happened.

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic 1972

I have this album but until I saw it performed live I would never have guessed that some of the tintinnabulation (bell-like sounds) at the beginning were coming from the bass player working the 5th and 7th fret harmonics.

Better resolution:

Comment

• Ray Charles - Goin Down Slow 1968

Comment

• Bob Dylan - One Too Many Mornings 1966

Happy new year. Zoomdon for everyone!

Comment

• Miles Davis - We Three Kings Of Orient Are 1986

Comment

• Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama 1977

Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines (stage right), Cassie Gaines (center) and their road manager died in a plane crash three months after this performance.

Comment

• Ten Years After - Call Me 1968

Comment

• Robert Cray - Smoking Gun 1986

Comment

• Fendertones - Salt Lake City 2010

An underappreciated, complex Beach Boy composition, covered here by very skilled musicians and vocalists, with impressive vocal charting.

Comment

• Coming to a town near you…

I just got turned onto this guy. He’ll be coming to a town close to me soon, I can’t wait to check him out live, in person, Kendall Marvel…

Comment

• Mason Rack Band - Black Betty 2014

Age 60 last week:

Comment

• Blasters - You Rascal You 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X