No announcement yet.

Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know he played that one- more of a blues number, but nice.

This is from the same rockpalast show (german tv)- straight ahead, hard driving (off comes the jacket), rock and roll.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

• Old Jeff Beck duo does it again.
      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

• Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
        Old Jeff Beck duo does it again.
        The video's not that old (and horribly out of sync), and the players are as old as dirt. And yet, there's still some life left as they find a groove about halfway in, with Beck's slide and some classic riffs, and Stewart hitting a just fine gravely falsetto.

From the Beat Club, 1968.

The bass player is working hard, and everyone is rewarded, except America's parents, who tried to protect their daughters from such things.

My favorite 90's rock & roll band. Check out the singer's Bye Bye Birdie ending.

Comment

I love Quicksilver Messenger Sevice's song, "The Fool". Best example of controlled feedback thanks to John Cippolina's guitar work.

I always liked there tune "Fresh Air "
          And The Group Called Smith with " Baby It's You "

Comment

• Originally posted by jediron1 View Post
            I always liked there tune "Fresh Air "
            And The Group Called Smith with " Baby It's You "

You mean this? Lucked out and found a live version.

Robert will like the Gibson SG!
            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
            "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

• AH, settle back and listen.

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

• Gee, Bjork was so cute when she was young. Here she's doing her 5-year old girl on her birthday impression.
                DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Robert will like the Gibson SG!
                  My SG is a standard- no whammy bar.

I saw Mountain at Purdue in '70 or '71. There was a small stage set up between two dorms- about 75 people tops watching the show- stupid hoosiers! I gave a lecture supporting drug deregulation/legalization and the damn students almost lynched me right then and there. God, I hated that school!

Anyways, about 8 years later we opened for Leslie West in Milwaukee...no, not the Arena, but at a private party. One of my favorite rock guitarists.
                  Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 02-27-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Good lord guys, at least come into the 80's. Pause at 1:01

Comment

• Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                      Good lord guys, at least come into the 80's.
                      But the thread is titled "old tunes on youtube!"

Pause at 1:01
                      The three Bills and some dominoes in the sign of the cross, or the Obama look-alike?

I just don't have time for that stuff- because it's Wintertime...

Comment

• Johnny Winter Frankenstein 1970

Drum machines? Go sample this!

Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 12-31-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                          But the thread is titled "old tunes on youtube!"
                          Exactly, not ancient! :D

Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                          The three Bills and some dominoes in the sign of the cross, or the Obama look-alike?
                          The prez!

Comment

• DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

• I liked it! I read that Bowe did both parts, probably by running the song back at half speed, adding the gnome voice, and then mastering at full speed. We did this when we were kids- singing over the album at 16 1/3 rpm, taping it all at 3 3/4 ips and playing it back at 7 1/2, changing the lyrics in spots, resulting in x-rated chipmunk songs.

Another sizzling live performance.

Comment

• What really happened, according to later accounts, was that his drummer, John French (whose stage name was Drumbo), transcribed and arranged music as Mr. Van Vliet whistled, sang or played it on the piano, and the band learned the wobbly, intricately arranged songs through Mr. French’s transcriptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X