No announcement yet.

Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard some Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Inventions. Some days I like to keep my head in the "clouds"
    I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Just heard some Spirit too.
      I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Originally posted by Spexvet View Post
        [youtube]j-wvgmZxbe8[/youtube]
        What do you think about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o ?
        Photonics Market
        laser diode module

Comment

Originally posted by kat View Post
          Just heard some Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Inventions. Some days I like to keep my head in the "clouds"
          Do you wear Brown Shoes whilst you Got A Line On You?
          DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
          "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by kat View Post
            Just heard some Spirit too.
            Here's a cover of one of their better songs.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

Classic Woodstock

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
              "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Great songs never die!! (should have put that in four words only)
                I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                  Classic Woodstock
                  One of the best, although the falsetto singing longhairs were just a tad creepy.

Here's another one that's high on my list (composition/performance/emotion).

Comment

Man, they even have White Witch on there!

And the big "hit" from that album:
                    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Man, they even have White Witch on there!
                      Capricorn signed a lot of significant talent. Here's one of the best bands this label had to offer- live, without pitch correction, overdubs, and session musicians behind the scene playing the tricky parts. (They get into a nice groove about 4 minutes in)

There's very little fill on either of their first two albums.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	wet willie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	867809Click image for larger version

Name:	wet willie 2a.jpg
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	867810
                      Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 12-31-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Here's your B3, and a guitar lesson for all of you guitar heros. Of course the only lession here is that you'll never play it this well, ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VTS_01_2.VOB_snapshot_08.36_[2010.10.04_21.55.42].jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	867819Click image for larger version

Name:	VTS_01_2.VOB_snapshot_08.41_[2010.10.04_21.56.14].jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	867818

Notice how Freddie wears his strap. I switched to the right side when my left shoulder started to become uncomfortable while performing. A buddy of mine said he saw a guitarist in Chicago wear it this way so I gave it a try- it felt like I could ram the headstock right through your heart. Perfect.

The pics above are from Locust Street Days- Milwaukee 1984.

Comment

Ah, yes, that's the kind of stuff my old band used to play when we got into jammin' mode. My old Fender Jazz bass was a real heavyweight, even heavier after I added the big ol' Gibson Humbucker at the base of the neck. I also had a tired shoulder after a long night. So I used three inch wide straps, with a section doubled to six inches on my shoulder. And I had to accent the strap's colors with UV paint so it would glow under our light show's black lights.

Love your Indiana Jones hat! And is that an SG? Those puppies were pretty heavy too. At least until their neck fell off.:shiner:
                          DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Ah, yes, that's the kind of stuff my old band used to play when we got into jammin' mode. My old Fender Jazz bass was a real heavyweight, even heavier after I added the big ol' Gibson Humbucker at the base of the neck.
                            That must have sounded fat and mellow.

I also had a tired shoulder after a long night. So I used three inch wide straps, with a section doubled to six inches on my shoulder.
                            That might have worked, but I like being different, and as I said above, it just felt right.

And I had to accent the strap's colors with UV paint so it would glow under our light show's black lights.
                            You had to do that. Absolutely.

Love your Indiana Jones hat!
                            It was my favorite. Our cat chewed it into smithereens when we left for two weeks.

And is that an SG? Those puppies were pretty heavy too.
                            Light as a feather. A lot lighter than a Les Paul, and noticeably lighter than the guitars before that- '68 Mustang and a '60 L50. I picked it up at a music shop that was next to the optical where I worked in the late '70's. Not much sustain, but my playing style and electronics made up for that.

At least until their neck fell off.:shiner:
                            I was worried about that, along with snapping the cable plug-in, but I played it hard, knocked it around some, and all's well. It's stock except for the back pickup (a Dimarzio with a single coil switch).

Comment

[youtube]jy3ihk205ew[/youtube]
                              ...Just ask me...

Comment

You might like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTHgr19CaRk

This was during my progressive rock period so I passed on Fairport.

Check this out- live, one take, lots of talent here. Very few bands today would make it past 30 seconds without choking, even with outside help.

http://www.tommygunvideo.comJoin TommygunVideo on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tommygun-Video/252561084761?sk=app_410312912374011My 2 most recent ...

Comment

Working...
                                X