Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat View Post
    Found a GREAT radio station on the web Woodstock 69 via CBSRadio.com under oldies. Just finished listening to a James Gang, and not the regular tunes, but one of the off tracks! Check it out.

Ah, James Gang. The staple of my old band. Saw them in 1970 at tiny Concord College for a May Day concert. During Ashes, The Rain and I, the drummer came out and played the bass upside down (lefthanded) while the others played acoustic guitars. Smoked a joint with them in the bathroom during a break.
    Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 07-30-2010, 12:40 PM.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

AHHHH, the old days with my first job (wasn't old enough to leagly hold a job, wild child that I was) in the local Head shop........I still have a good collection of my vynal from then.
      I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Flashback Alert!! You guys are on a roll. Or should I say- On a magic carpet ride??

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
          Ah, James Gang. The staple of my old band. Saw them in 1970 at tiny Concord College for a May Day concert. During Ashes, The Rain and I, the drummer came out and played the bass upside down (lefthanded) while the others played acoustic guitars. Smoked a joint with them in the bathroom during a break.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZUU8xi7qY
          Joe Walsh did drugs? Who would've guessed?
          ...Just ask me...

Comment

[youtube]Ap_YixOosgI[/youtube]
            ...Just ask me...

Comment

[youtube]oPMm1Noh-ow[/youtube]
              ...Just ask me...

Comment

I always think of Devo during the X-Games when they do the Whip It competition.
                DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

I remember attending a Devo concert on New Year's Eve in the early 80's in Long Beach, Cal. I can still see in my mind some of the crazy stuff happening both on and off the stage. Those flower pot hats were flying everywhere.

Comment

OK, so I was watching a chick flick yesterday and ran into this scene

I dont know if my old tunes would qualify but here's the original, Translating does it no justice.

If you think you've never heard of him here's a beat you might find familiar.

Last edited by braheem24; 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM. Reason: added my explanations to why Im watching b&w music

Comment

Well, if we're going old school then take a look at this. Live, B&W and before audio technology had advanced to the point where being able to sing wasn't required to be a singer.

Listen for the big note at 2:29...

Last edited by pseudonym; 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

If it's world music *and* old school you're looking for, there's this from 1973. I remember when Casey Kasem played this on his Top 40 show. I wasn't the only weird kid who loved this song. In 1974, it cracked the Top 10.

Comment

Pseudonym, my mother used to listen to this song. Now, you gave me an idea about what gift I'll give to her on her birthday :).
                          Photonics Market
                          laser diode module

Comment

There were a few gems in the wasteland that was AM radio. You might want to pick this one up and wrap it, too.

Comment

Thank you for giving me these good ideas. It seems that this year I will choose the right gift for my mom much faster than in previous years :).
                              Photonics Market
                              laser diode module

Comment

Ahhhhhh, It's a Beautiful Day........what great memories (flash backs)
                                I came, I saw, I left

Comment

Working...
                                X