Thread: Website and self promotion

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Website and self promotion

It seems with all the changes going on out west, some of us in the prairies and out east need to get our sh*t together.

How many of you OD's and/or opticians have websites?
    How many of you use your website to promote your practice/business to your existing patients and your neighborhoods?

It appears the days of protecting ourselves behind restricted acts and fee schedules is coming to an end. We'll have to rely on our expertise, knowledge and business savvy.

Those that are progressive (pardon the pun) and willing to adapt to the new paradigm will advance with society and technology and those that order discontinued product and are not utilizing technology to advance their individual practices will be left in the proverbial ditch.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by ManitobaOD View Post
    It seems with all the changes going on out west, some of us in the prairies and out east need to get our sh*t together.

How many of you use your website to promote your practice/business to your existing patients and your neighborhoods?

It appears the days of protecting ourselves behind restricted acts and fee schedules is coming to an end. We'll have to rely on our expertise, knowledge and business savvy.

Those that are progressive (pardon the pun) and willing to adapt to the new paradigm will advance with society and technology and those that order discontinued product and are not utilizing technology to advance their individual practices will be left in the proverbial ditch.
    It needs to be taken two steps further. The first step is everyone has to bind together; which may pose to be an impossible feat. The second step I cannot disclose at this spoint as I am currently working on a similar project already and hope to offer membership (or whatever you want to call it) very soon.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    It needs to be taken two steps further. The first step is everyone has to bind together; which may pose to be an impossible feat. The second step I cannot disclose at this spoint as I am currently working on a similar project already and hope to offer membership (or whatever you want to call it) very soon.
    Can't wait to hear about it......I'm turning blue holding my breath!!!!!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper How many of you OD's and/or opticians have websites?

Quote Originally Posted by ManitobaOD View Post

Check it out on my optical website listing at http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm

I got over 800 optical websites listed, bny Alex traffic ratings.

Thread Information