Thread: How the Online Opticals have Progressed over the last 3 Month .......................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Moved to Professional Forum.......................

On some very reasonable demand I have deleted this post and will post it on the professional forum
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 04-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    CHRIS,
    I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU KEEP THIS INFORMATION OUT OF THE PUBLIC FOURM! THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY HURTFUL TO THOSE OF US WHO EARN A LIVING AND FEED OUR FAMILIES BY HAVING BRICK LOCATIONS.

You need to take a step back and realize what you are doing to the rest of us who actaully are in the retail business; I will suggest you put your ego aside and do the right thing for those of us who have to support employees and their families.

I ASK THE MODERATORS TO KEEP ALL OF THIS IN THE PRO FORUM OR I AM RESIGNING MY MEMBERSHIP; THIS IS GETTING CRAZY AND CHRIS IS ATTACKING OUR WAY OF DOING BUSINESS AND HELPING TO INFORM THE GENERAL PUBLIC AT OUR EXPENSE.

I cannot help support anything that is actaully putting more of a hurt on the retail industry by ignoring these non-productive threads by Chris or anyon else in the public forum.

Craig

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I have to agree with Craig's comments. Although the information below is public knowledge, why do these companies a favour by listing and promoting them all together? This only hurts those that are vested within our industry with brick and mortar establishments that support our profession.

It is completely non-productive.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    44 views and only one comment! Do you folks realize this does impact you and your business??
    Chris,
    I know you have read my response already; please get this moved to the PRO forum.

Craig

Bad address email on file DC Optix's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't see how posting this does any damage to traditional brick and mortar retailers. If anything, I think it helps to educate those in our profession that seem to be "sitting on the sidelines" while online dealers are increasing their marketshare. Maybe these hard numbers will help motivate those that have, as of yet, been unwilling to admit online's impact. Most of the folks in the pros forum already realize the danger and it certainly would not be a big eye opener over there.

Thread Information