Thread: TRUE value of used edger? Santinelli LE-9000 EX express ICE-9000 Intelligent blocker

OptiBoard Professional skirk1975's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Confused TRUE value of used edger? Santinelli LE-9000 EX express ICE-9000 Intelligent blocker

What is the true value of a used edger? Santinelli LE-9000 EX express with the ICE-9000 Intelligent Blocker. Barely used machine. Cut under 250 jobs and sat in storage due to dispensary closing. Give me some realistic estimates??? Please..............;)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by skirk1975 View Post
    What is the true value of a used edger? Santinelli LE-9000 EX express with the ICE-9000 Intelligent Blocker. Barely used machine. Cut under 250 jobs and sat in storage due to dispensary closing. Give me some realistic estimates??? Please..............;)
    It's in the eyes of the buyer. Eyegrass's edger just went down. It's a Horizon II. He found an OD that had one in his basement. When the OD found out that Eyegrass was w/out an edger, he wanted $1200 for it. He thought he had a sucker that was desperate. He looked around and found two of them for $500, in working shape. The OD will probably have his in his basement until he retires.

Now I know that you can't compare what you have w/ what he had, but the market for 2nd hand optical equipment, regardless of how good it is, has really gone down in the last two years. If you paid $60k for a new edger, and it's only got a few cuts on it, I'm guessing you could get somewhere around $20k for it.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I just saw one on a auction site run by a family friend (old Wallyworld equipment for the most part). LE9000ex sold for $7600, ICE9000 blocker sold for $2200 - bargains for sure, but there weren't many lookers. You need to remember we are a very small industry in the scope of things.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I sent a PM on this

Thread Information