Thread: spectera prov relations number?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

spectera prov relations number?

If anyone has the direct number to provider relations I would appreciate it if you could pass it my way.

thanks
    nick

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    800 828 1525

gOOD LUCK

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks,

unfortunately that just leads to their regular customer service people which dont seem to be able help or get me to someone who can.
    Its seems they decided to get rid of the provider relations dept when they became optumhealth.

Didnt they have someone named Amoni there before?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spectera does not have a provider help line. All you can do is call the number you have and try to make them understand that you need a local rep to call you. They will promise a call back in 48 hours and give you a tracking number to use if you need to call them back and ask them why the heck no one ever called (and you will). Oh and do not try to give them a hard time on the phone or they will just "ooops" disconnect you. If there are worse provider relations in any insurance company I'd like to know where. My boss is getting close to telling them to take a hike and I am trying not to jump for joy.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Spectara - have fun with that. So not worth taking when you run the numbers and look at how bad they make you look, because of the poor quality of work and redos. We took it for 6 months then quit. Run the numbers and look at your books. We had gotten a lot of negative balances. Any plan with negative balances gets canceled. I am not going to dispense your glasses to my patient for the exam fee alone.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I got someone's direct line by accident. If I can find it, will post it. Will really **** someone off at Spectera!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    You could call UnitedHealthCare's provider number. Not sure what it is, but they have one.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They are the worst of the plans out there. We dumped them almost 2 years ago. The "optical-shop-in-a-box" has the lousiest frames around. The warranty issues were a nightmare, the lab was a mess (lots of sent back or mis-directed jobs) and then when practitioners were bailing, they tried to "re-brand" with Optimum whatever. Still the same ole story. I would have expected more out of United Health Care. They affiliated with the worst of the material providers. Just one example (out of many) - Rx job comes in to our office - it is not our job. I call them, and they say it IS our job. I tell them another practitioner's name is on the invoice. They say "not possible."
    I say "shall I send it back to you, or the correct account?" They say -"you are the correct account, don't send it to us or them."
    P.S. We still have 5 of those sitting on our shelf. Go figure!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Found that private number. If anyone wants it, feel free to privately em me.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    They are the worst of the plans out there. !
    I guess that would be based on what you are looking for. My wife has Spectera at her work. We pay nothing for exams. We get a complete pair for $14 and that's may include super high index primuim progressives,* transitions and A/R every two years. The years in between we get the lenses only for $7. From this consumers standpoint they are great. That is probably not what you look for, but should be, at least considered. If I come to shop at your store, it would probly not do to tell me they are the worst.

*I once got a pair of Sieko Proceeds, trasnsitions with A/R.

Thread Information