View Poll Results: Do you still believe that Obama won't tax you if you make less than $250K per year?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%

Thread: Do you still believe that Obama won't tax you if you make less than $250K per year?

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Do you still believe that Obama won't tax you if you make less than $250K per year?

Do you still believe that Obama won't raise your taxes you if you make less than $250K per year?

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    With a deficit of $15,000 for every person in the country we will all have to eat the big poop sandwich which was mostly made over the years Republicans controlled the Presidency and Congress.

I'd love to see a tax on internet goods ;) as well as a small tax on all stock trades. But I think the Dem's will push a value added tax when all is said and done.

The main thing is to DO SOMETHING SOON!!! :angry:

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS A TRAIN!!!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What did you think?

What did you think?
    Income taxes were going to be suspended while he was in office?:hammer:

Perhaps you should reword the poll. :D
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry, Harry, Harry...you know this is Dick's "subtle" way of starting another argument. He's just letting off a little bit of red-state steam.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Maybe we should start a poll:

Did you REALLY believe Bush (note I didn't say President Bush, as Dick left President off President Obama's name)when he said, "Read my lips. No new taxes."

Answers:
    1. No way!
    2. That lyin' sack of shoot never tells the truth.
    3. How can he say that with a straight face?
    4. Mission NOT accomplished.

Hey, it's just as fair!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    This exact time would be the wrong time to raise taxes on the middle and lower classes (due to it would prevent economic growth outside of the recession). But it is needed. The American economy has no money right now. Now you can make spending cuts, but there are only so many cuts you can make. Right now, the taxes are too low. I know that people hate to hear that, but that is the truth.

I think a 7% or 8% sales tax would make sense.

FYI - I also believe Canada needs to raise its taxes. When our Prime Minister dropped our GST from 7% to 5%, it was a stupid move, in the way that it helped put us into a deficit position (that we have avoided for years)

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Maybe we should start a poll:

Did you REALLY believe Bush (note I didn't say President Bush, as Dick left President off President Obama's name)when he said, "Read my lips. No new taxes."

Answers:
    1. No way!
    2. That lyin' sack of shoot never tells the truth.
    3. How can he say that with a straight face?
    4. Mission NOT accomplished.

Hey, it's just as fair!
    Reaganomics=Voodoo economics. And he was right!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Reaganomics=Voodoo economics. And he was right!
    Maybe a different poll could apply:

Question:
    Do you believe everything Fox News says?
    Part two: Do you believe every massively-forwarded email?

I think Dick's answer to both would be Yes.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Apparently there are 2 of us that think there will be no reckoning on April 15th....either that or they have come to the correct realization that the president does not tax anyone.

Be that as it may, this is a stupid poll designed by someone who has far too much time on their hands.
    Last edited by hcjilson; 02-12-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: clean up
    Lord Byron

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have no problem saying what I believe so here I go.

There was nothing wrong with the Bush tax cuts. Here's why I believe that. When there is more money in people's pockets(any ones), people spend. When there is less money in people's pockets, people spend less. That makes the most sense. We have no money because so many people are not working, those who can make money are afraid to spend, and the businesses who have money(big and small)are afraid to spend it. This means the treasury of the federal and local governments are emptying. The rich(those darn people who worked the butts off to make money)who pay the most in taxes need more money so they can create jobs and put more money in the ecomomy. When this happens more people are working and paying taxes and not draining the local, state and federal government. A simple way to look at things, but truthful. I personally want more money in my paycheck, in my boss's paycheck, in my staff's paycheck, and where does that come from? Anybody have an answer? Not from the government, from people spending money. Big circle...

yeah I say let's raise taxes so no one has money and we are all dependent on the government to get by------NOT----------

Christina

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by fvc2020 View Post
    I have no problem saying what I believe so here I go.

There was nothing wrong with the Bush tax cuts. Here's why I believe that. When there is more money in people's pockets(any ones), people spend. When there is less money in people's pockets, people spend less. That makes the most sense. We have no money because so many people are not working, those who can make money are afraid to spend, and the businesses who have money(big and small)are afraid to spend it. This means the treasury of the federal and local governments are emptying. The rich(those darn people who worked the butts off to make money)who pay the most in taxes need more money so they can create jobs and put more money in the ecomomy. When this happens more people are working and paying taxes and not draining the local, state and federal government. A simple way to look at things, but truthful. I personally want more money in my paycheck, in my boss's paycheck, in my staff's paycheck, and where does that come from? Anybody have an answer? Not from the government, from people spending money. Big circle...

yeah I say let's raise taxes so no one has money and we are all dependent on the government to get by------NOT----------

Christina
    That is one of the economic beliefs. But it goes much further than that. The economy is based on the money out there. There will be recessions and there will be growth. This happens whether there are no taxes or everyone is taxed. Tax cuts and government spending can be used to stimulate growth. Tax increases and spending cuts can be used to curtail growth. Why do you want to curtail growth? To limit the peaks and valleys in the economy. Basically, it lowers the possibility of bubbles.

Now, I am sure everyone here can agree that you need a government. The degree of it is what is debated. You need a military, you need roads and sewer systems and you need a police force. So there has to be a way to pay for those, and that is through taxation.

Now to say there was nothing wrong with the Bush tax cuts is part of the problem. There was something really wrong with them. The Bush tax cuts made it so the government could not pay for its services. That is fiscal irresponsibility. What that meant is that government was now in a deficit position and more of YOUR tax dollars was going to paying interest on the debt.

I recognize that Bush felt the economy needed to be stimulated in late 2001. That is fine. I recognize that he felt tax cuts were the best way to do it. I disagree with that Republican stance, but it was a fair argument. The problem is he made them long term. A bigger tax refund in 2001 and 2002 would have made more sense, because that money would have always been there. At the same time, it would have kept the tax position in 2004, lowered the deficit, and maybe even balanced the budget. It alway would have curtailed the bubble that exploded and led us into the current recession.

Right now, the American people and the government (and the Canadian people, because we now have a deficit) should not get tax cuts. What you do is you pay down your debt first, and then you lower the taxes. That is what we call being responsible.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Be that as it may, this is a stupid poll designed by someone who has far too much time on their hands.

It was late last night when I posted the poll and I was somewhat tired. The poll would have been better served had I asked "Do you believe that Obama will hold to his statement that he would not increase the taxes of anyone earning less than $250,000.00 a year?)

Both you, Harry, and the lovely Mrs. Baker will agree that I do have far too much time on my hands these cold winter days now that I am unencumbered by the work process. This factor coupled with my absolute delight in getting under peoples skin leaves me with ample motivation to post these little polls on OptiBoard. I am really not too interested in the results as I know the response of all the usual characters on the board.

I do find it especially amusing that responded to this stupid poll . . . TWICE ! ! !

I must be doing something right . . . I have that warm snuggly feeling inside.

Ohhh . . . Ohhh . . . I just had an idea for another poll that will really get on you nerve. I'll post it right now.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post

I must be doing something right . . . I have that warm snuggly feeling inside.

Ohhh . . . Ohhh . . . I just had an idea for another poll that will really get on you nerve. I'll post it right now.

Good!
    That poll can be closed as well. A word to the wise, posting ability depends on membership here. Membership here depends on following posting guidelines. Be sure to re-read them if you think getting on peoples nerves is a prudent course to take.
    Lord Byron

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Good!
    That poll can be closed as well. A word to the wise, posting ability depends on membership here. Membership here depends on following posting guidelines. Be sure to re-read them if you think getting on peoples nerves is a prudent course to take.
    We will not remove messages merely because someone disagrees with the content or the conclusion of the poster. We will respect individual's right to speak freely. However, we do reserve the right remove messages or links to pages that are outside of the nature of this board, i.e. messages not dealing with the eyecare industry (except for messages in the Just Conversation forum.) Furthermore, we reserve the right to remove any messages or links that contain profanity, insults, racist or sexist comments, sexual content, or any of the usual offensive language. In this regard, our decision is final.
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - Jesus

Borderline abuse of power, your post and innuendo are in poor taste, since you feel it necessary to call this mans poll "stupid" and say he has "too much time on his hands".

[double edged sword alert]A word to the wise membership here ensures the success of this board.[/double edged sword alert]

Thread Information