Thread: Super hydrophobic lenses have met their match!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Super hydrophobic lenses have met their match!

Super Hydrophobic Lenses Have Met Their Match

tak™ Advanced Anti-Slip Film

Tak™ anti-slip film is the product of space-age adhesive and film technologies. This innovative product eliminates slippage when edging super hydrophobic lenses. Its complex composition of adhesive and film create a stable platform for blocking pads to securely adhere. Tak™ anti-slip film is safe for use on any hydrophobic lens material.

Tak™ Advanced Anti-Slip Film is available exclusively from SALEM Vision Group.
    Contact 1 800-234-1982 X 244

If you contact me on here via PM I will send you some samples to test, or call me and Ill do the same. These pads are no joke fantastic!!!

A little more detail, we have tested them on the super slick Hoya, Zeiss, Essilor, Pentax, and various other private label branded AR coatings and everybody says that this gets rid of the slippage with ease!

Thanks Optiboarders

Kurt
    Last edited by hyperoptic; 02-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Occupation
    So only a few people are having trouble with their AR's twisting in their edgers?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry Kurt, many of us get pads n/c with our Rx orders. You might check with wholesalers who give these out, possibly a larger market.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperoptic View Post
    So only a few people are having trouble with their AR's twisting in their edgers?
    Nope, I just saw your add. I'll be calling to order this afternoon.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up They are the best pad we have tried!

We just finished trying out the Ruby pad on various coatings and basecurves with great success. They eliminated all slippage we had on the few bi-focals we do and the rest of work looks great.
    The best part of the pad is that it does not leave the GOO on the front of some lenses; we would spend more time getting the glue off the lens than anything else.

This problem is now vanished.....

Does anyone want to buy a bunch of other pads CHEAP!
    We will use for demo lenses, but they will last a long time.

Craig

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kurt, I sent you a PM. DO you have some samples out to me? I need something to replace Secure Edge Plus. I need to order soon. I'd like to test the pads before I order.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Sorry Kurt, many of us get pads n/c with our Rx orders. You might check with wholesalers who give these out, possibly a larger market.
    I get several free ones, and they don't work.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile I have a few rolls of Secure Edge Plus Cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by KStraker View Post
    Kurt, I sent you a PM. DO you have some samples out to me? I need something to replace Secure Edge Plus. I need to order soon. I'd like to test the pads before I order.
    I was using the Secure Edge Plus pads and found them to be the best we had tried until the Ruby arrived....

I just ordered 2,000 of them and we are confident they hold better without leaving the GOO on the lens...

Anything to avoid one re-do is well worth the money!

Craig

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, these are "blocking pads" not no-slip *film* or tape like a rikki pad?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, these are "blocking pads" not no-slip *film* or tape like a rikki pad?
    Craig is talking about blocking pads, seen here I believe https://www.salemdist.com/stonecatal...efAgent=VISION

The initial ad sounds like these
    https://www.salemdist.com/stonecatal...efAgent=VISION

Tak™ anti-slip film is the product of space-age adhesive and film technologies. This innovative product eliminates slippage when edging super hydrophobic lenses. Its complex composition of adhesive and film create a stable platform for blocking pads to securely adhere.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Craig is talking about blocking pads, seen here I believe https://www.salemdist.com/stonecatal...efAgent=VISION

The initial ad sounds like these
    https://www.salemdist.com/stonecatal...efAgent=VISION

So,,,

1. Craig hi-jacked this thread...

2. KStraker needs to keep looking for "pads".

:D:cheers::D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile We just edged a job we could not prior!

We just edged a trivex lens with +3.00 with 5D BI Prism with a long A and short B; last year the lens twisted off the block on the right eye and we sent the remaining OS to the lab with the frame and a Good Luck Note.

It just got verified and the axis, pd, oc are perfect!

We could not have done that with any other pad we tried.

Thanks for the thread.

CRaig

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused What is your definition of hi-jacked?

So,,,

1. Craig hi-jacked this thread...

2. KStraker needs to keep looking for "pads".

:D:cheers::D
    Rather than look for freebies to save pennies per job; I actually try to continually use the latest supplies to process the most advanced lenses possible.

I did not get the film, but am quite happy with the Ruby pad and the price is 1/3 than we were paying.

Craig

I have worked with Chris to great results- he is mellow now- failed to get thru to Chip and wonder what it will take to get you to be a kinder soul?
    Is it possible or worth the effort?
    Last edited by Craig; 03-01-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OK Craig, here's the definition!

See if this makes sense to you...

The original poster paid to put an ad for his product which is adhesive film for "blocking pads to securely adhere". You post in his ad about a different product that apparently bypasses the need of the original posters product.

How about you get yourself some manners and not HIJACK someone elses paid ad!

ps; smiley's means someone is joking. I hope you and Chris both figure this out.

Occupation
    Kstraker- I did send out some samples for you. If you still havent gotten them let me know.

Just to be clear the Tak is an film in design similar to the Rikki pad. We have also been including our ruby blocking pad with each sample we send because we know that we have been extremely successful with this combo (the ruby blocking pad with Tak underneath between the block and lens)

Ruby by itself does not do an adequate job 100% (poly's or high minus' for instance) of the time on the newest super slick AR's. This is where Tak comes into play

We sold out of our first production run in just 2.5 working days, and we should have more the end of next week or so.

I dont mind any "hijacking" I have seen so far.

I think this thread shows that this is an issue that folks are experiencing and I want people to know that we have this thing pretty much licked!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kstraker- I did send out some samples for you. If you still havent gotten them let me know.
    I ordered a roll the other day and they just came. I still don't have the samples, but no biggie. Can you send a sample of the film? I am also using an antislip spray. The Ruby pads work at least as well as the Secure Edge Plus, but cost a good bit less.

One other benefit. We used to keep two different rolls of pads. One for use with slick AR, and one for the normal ones. The Ruby pads are cost effective. We can use the Ruby pads on everything and not waste money on two different products.
    Last edited by KStraker; 02-26-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Does anybody use film on the back of the lens as well?

We are using the Ruby pad alone for now with great success, but all of the lenses we edge come with a coating that is designed to be edged and then washed off. We continue to use a film on the back of every job and was wondering if anybody else was doing that. Should we put a film and pad on the front with nothing on the back?
    We use the trivex roughing wheel and run everything on soft mode.

The addition of the Ruby pad has taken the last tiny off axis issue away; when we did drill mounts yu could tell the nasal was off ever so slightly. We think it was twisting in the pads.

I look forward to your responses. We use 85% trivex and many large 8 base lenses.

Craig

Occupation
    Craig

I get mixed reviews on back side covers, basically all it will do is prevent the surface under the chuck from getting damaged. I can send you some samples if you would like.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    We are using the Ruby pad alone for now with great success, but all of the lenses we edge come with a coating that is designed to be edged and then washed off. We continue to use a film on the back of every job and was wondering if anybody else was doing that. Should we put a film and pad on the front with nothing on the back?

The addition of the Ruby pad has taken the last tiny off axis issue away; when we did drill mounts yu could tell the nasal was off ever so slightly. We think it was twisting in the pads.

I look forward to your responses. We use 85% trivex and many large 8 base lenses.

Craig
    I use a film on the back of my lenses, only to help protect the lens from scratching. Just makes me feel better. And in the lab, ain't it all about feelin' good? :bbg:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We just used the combination of the Ruby Pad with the Tak on a 1.67 polarized that is a -4.00 with 6D BO prism; it came out perfect!! Previously when we did this type of job we had a good chance of breaking the drill bit in the edger. This was caused by the lens twisting ever so slightly that the lens was not where the blade thought it should be and the blades would break and the job would have a slight axis issue. The bit was not long enough, but at least it is a good start for the hand dremel. This is the perfect job for a drill mount!! He ordered 3 of them.

The combo of the Ruby pad and the Tak allows us to maintain the correct axis on all jobs and that was not possible before.

Craig

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper I am still in contact......................

I have worked with Chris to great results- he is mellow now- failed to get thru to Chip and wonder what it will take to get you to be a kinder soul?
    Is it possible or worth the effort?
    I am still in contact with him and there is no problem. He still watches and checks the OptiBoard.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Craig

I don't use the film on the back surface, but I affix a regular Secure Edge pad on the backside. That gives it a bit of extra thickness and solidity.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I'm starting to edge the Hi Index A/R PAls and need to get this combo of Ruby Red and Tak Tape ASAP! Anyone have a good source?????

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I ordered some Tak Tape but now my issues is how do you see the Uncut PAL markings to block the lens after you've placed the TAK tape on the lens? I have tried to center the lens and then place the TAK tape but the lens moves slightly. Next time I will buy the ones with the center hole but in the meantime what can be done?????

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation

Our edgeright film product is guaranteed 100% not to slip

The edging of ANY SuperHydrophobic lenses with our EdgeRightfilm is GUARANTEED 100% not to slip. It is the only product on the market that works 100 % of the time without failure.
    We are willing to challenge any lens manufacturer to a test of their slickest, best top coat versus our EdgeRight film product. It also protects the surface from scratching and crazing.

Super Hydrophobic Lenses Have Met Their Match

tak™ Advanced Anti-Slip Film

Tak™ anti-slip film is the product of space-age adhesive and film technologies. This innovative product eliminates slippage when edging super hydrophobic lenses. Its complex composition of adhesive and film create a stable platform for blocking pads to securely adhere. Tak™ anti-slip film is safe for use on any hydrophobic lens material.

Tak™ Advanced Anti-Slip Film is available exclusively from SALEM Vision Group.
    Contact 1 800-234-1982 X 244

If you contact me on here via PM I will send you some samples to test, or call me and Ill do the same. These pads are no joke fantastic!!!

A little more detail, we have tested them on the super slick Hoya, Zeiss, Essilor, Pentax, and various other private label branded AR coatings and everybody says that this gets rid of the slippage with ease!

Thanks Optiboarders

Kurt
    Last edited by EdeRojas; 11-06-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot to sign it Ed

Thread Information