Thread: Charmant Line Art

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Charmant Line Art

Has anyone else found these beauties? I've done a few of these already and like everything about them. They are easy to drill, like most charmant (love theyre drilling templates) easy to adjust (most drill mounts i have trouble panascoping). Only complaint I have is the nosepads make the frame sit out a little too much and need some extra adjusting before the measuring. Theyre almost as flexible as a memory metal and look classy. Maybe im a little biased being the Charmantophiliac that I am.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up

I just got them in too. I haven't sold my first one yet but yes they are classy looking.

I also ordered the new P.S. (plastic slim) line. They look like they will do very well but I have concerns about them because they require the lens to be grooved which for me is going to mean poly or trivex only (increased $$ for patient). I can already see the chipping nightmares if someone tries CR39. There will also be very little room for sizing error in this line which will give some labs a real challenge. It's a shame that some labs won't take the time to edge to the proper size in rimless, I see a trend of the lenses being slightly large which distorts the whole look and feel of the frame. I blame this trend on patternless edgers, which I use and love, but the first cut is not always the right size.

Anyway, Charmant is my go to titanium and drill mount company.

I wish they would expand there shape library for drill mounts but I take care of that in house.

Two thumbs UP from me.
    Properly medicated for your protection.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    I decided against the plastic slims because from my experience the plastic groove frames require a wider groove that has to be done witht he hand groover. I try to shy away from hand grooving because my groover ahs a short in it and ive ruined to many lenses on it. But still ahvent got the ok to get a new one :(

Occupation
    Typical Charmant stuff, which is to say quite nice:cheers:. Our second best selling rimless as well, only thing that holds them back is their gender specific nature.

The PS line looks cool, but feels kinda cracker-jack. Props to Charmant for including the little card with edging specs and recommended Rx range, I wish all companies did that.

Thread Information