Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Magnetic Clip Company to Use

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

I suggest you try EyeOn

EyeOn actually has frames that look good. It's not "all about the clips". Yoiu can email me at srw82752@aol.com for more info.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The best way to get sales is to have the Doctor, Optician, and eyeglass wearing staff have the magnet in their lens.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Do you really want to offer patients clip on eyewear where the clip on lens has a different base curve than the prescription lens? Doesn't all the scratching and light bouncing around render the polarized lens ineffective?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am a convert to the Chemistrie Clip having really been unsure last year. I love them and am selling them better than I had thought. I sent two of our nicer stock frames (wider widths) in to the lab and had demos made for them. That, plus the lens display makes the sale way easy. They even script the patient's first and last name into the inside of the case. A nice touch, very custom. The patient's love it. Vision Craft lab rocks!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    I am a convert to the Chemistrie Clip having really been unsure last year. I love them and am selling them better than I had thought. I sent two of our nicer stock frames (wider widths) in to the lab and had demos made for them. That, plus the lens display makes the sale way easy. They even script the patient's first and last name into the inside of the case. A nice touch, very custom. The patient's love it. Vision Craft lab rocks!
    I told you!:cheers::bbg::cheers:

We now make ours in-house, and are doing 3 or 4 per day. That adds up to quite a nice profit at the end of the year.
    Last edited by Johns; 04-13-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    I told you!:cheers::bbg::cheers:.
    I stand humbled Johns.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Takumi USED to be fabulous....high quality Japanese product...until Aspex ruined the line...all out of china and/or Korea now

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by BASECURVED
    Do you really want to offer patients clip on eyewear where the clip on lens has a different base curve than the prescription lens? Doesn't all the scratching and light bouncing around render the polarized lens ineffective?

And that's why we all love the Chemistrie clips, the lenses come in different bases to match the base curve of the Rx.

We've been doing them for about 2 years now on a Santinelli ME-1000. Got their Click software upgrade that auto lays out the magnet holes and correct depth for the insets.

The look beautiful on 3-piece drills, especially when you can countersink the temple and bridge ends so they sit flush with the front of the lens.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've never sold more mag clips than we do now, and I haven't bought a mag frame in more than 2 years.

I'm telling you, the mag in the lens is the only way to go. Plus, you've got a built in customer for reorders. It's a great niche.
    boy I feel stupid but what product are you talking about? I guess I should read all those 20/20 magazines I get.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8wlmrt View Post
    boy I feel stupid but what product are you talking about? I guess I should read all those 20/20 magazines I get.
    Chemistrie clips from Eyenovate.

http://eyenovate.com/

They really are that good.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I can't stand clip-on frame lines for all the obvious reasons (differening base curves, more reflections, scratching lenses and chipping frame finish), but Aspex has been more than fine for us. We generally sell them to people who are looking only for a frame with a clip-on.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jmchapman View Post
    I don't think Takumi is that bad
    I agree, we are selling a lot of them

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    John, what colors are available in the chemistrie?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I told you!:cheers::bbg::cheers:

We now make ours in-house, and are doing 3 or 4 per day. That adds up to quite a nice profit at the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by WFruit View Post
    [/INDENT]

And that's why we all love the Chemistrie clips, the lenses come in different bases to match the base curve of the Rx.

We've been doing them for about 2 years now on a Santinelli ME-1000. Got their Click software upgrade that auto lays out the magnet holes and correct depth for the insets.

The look beautiful on 3-piece drills, especially when you can countersink the temple and bridge ends so they sit flush with the front of the lens.
    I am in the process of deciding between the ME and Lex model edgers currently and of course the rep showed me the Chemistrie clip as a selling point. Any input from you guys on +/- of the edgers you use? Have not ruled out the Alta from Briot mainly because I like the service we have received on our current Briot. If you prefer to reply with a PM to not hijack the thread any further will be fine.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    You name it , and it's probably available. Some nice mirror/backside AR as well.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    Google is your friend!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    [/INDENT]

Can the Santinelli Lex model do this?? How about the ME-1000?

Occupation
    I don't know about the Lex model, but we use the ME-1000 with the Click Software and it works beautifully.

And for those who didn't see it in my earlier post, here is chemestrie's website, showing all they have available:

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I don't know about the Lex model, but we use the ME-1000 with the Click Software and it works beautifully.

And for those who didn't see it in my earlier post, here is chemestrie's website, showing all they have available:

According to Santinelli rep both the ME and LEX machines will do the flush mount with no problems.
    Last edited by 2020idock; 04-23-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: adding info after speaking with rep

Thread Information