Thread: Any OfficeMate report gurus out there?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Any OfficeMate report gurus out there?

I'm searching for a relatively easy means of tracking our daily optical sales by dispenser, including discounts, what was sold to whom, total $ of sales etc.

Does anyone know if there's a simple means of tracking this in OfficeMate? From what I can tell so far, it looks like I need to pull a receipts report showing everyone who paid money on a given day, and then go in one by one to open up the fee slips and find out what was sold and for how much.

It's workable - but extremely time consuming.

Any help greatly appreciated! Either here, or via PM is fine. Thanks guys!

Bri~ :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can't help Bro!

We just went to OfficeMate yesterday!

I am so hating things right now!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I can't help Bro!

We just went to OfficeMate yesterday!

I am so hating things right now!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
    Why would you choose OM over MVE ? I have not used either so I am just curious .

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    hehehe

Heya Fezz, keep the pint glasses clean and frosted and you'll pull through just fine! :shiner: Like *any* practice suite software, it's got it's pluses and minuses. but of all that I've used, I've tended to like it the best over all by a good margin. If I can help with any of the initial growing pains, give me a shout out. I'd be happy to help anyway I can. Maybe I could write a module for Opticianworks about it? LOL :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Why would you choose OM over MVE ? I have not used either so I am just curious .

It was not my choice. We had been using RLI and the owner's pal also was using RLI and updated to OM. He said how easy the conversion was, ease of use, blah, etc, blah.

So..here we are!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    hehehe

Heya Fezz, keep the pint glasses clean and frosted and you'll pull through just fine! :shiner: Like *any* practice suite software, it's got it's pluses and minuses. but of all that I've used, I've tended to like it the best over all by a good margin. If I can help with any of the initial growing pains, give me a shout out. I'd be happy to help anyway I can. Maybe I could write a module for Opticianworks about it? LOL :cheers::cheers::cheers:
    THANKS!

I just started playing around with it yesterday. I was hoping that all of the Vcodes and such would be in there and I could go in and easily assign prices and use our old entry codes to ease the transition. I have found that there are almost zero vcodes, and I have started to manually load them in.

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm searching for a relatively easy means of tracking our daily optical sales by dispenser, including discounts, what was sold to whom, total $ of sales etc.

Under Reports, on the Daily tab, click Daily Transaction Audit. You can select "Recorded By," and print a report of each of your opticians of what charges they posted. I don't think there's a collective report that does them divided individually, on the same page. So you'd have to print one for each optician. But that's got to be quicker than looking up each fee slip one by one.

I've used only used Officemate and Compulink for Optical programs, and there's things I liked and didn't like about each one. I think I liked Compulink better, but I used it for longer and really knew the ins and outs of it. Sometimes you have to make do, but you can usually make it work how you want it to. Any new program takes some adjusting. Hope this helps!!!
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Try the "Fee slip Detail by Resource" (may have to add this report) and select type "by staff member". Should give you everything you need.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Could only find "Fee Slip Detail", and from there the only other options were: "Posting Date, Financial Group or Referral Source". doesn't look like what you were mentioning. This was under the daily reports tab btw. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    It is under the weekly tab on mine but I don't remember if I added it there or not. If you don't find it under any of the tab options you can add it from the "financial transactions" tab of the add report listings.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK, I found a report that was similar to the one you describe - and it get's me about half of what I'm hoping to find. I actually spend a deal of time on the phone today with the OfficeMate guys asking them very specific questions about what I needed in a single report. They said there was no way to do what I wanted in a report.

So the work-around for now is to list the previous days fee slips by "recorded by", and then to look at each line by line, compile data and totals, add that all together for each day, and then to graph it in excel.

It's a lot more work than I'd like - but if I keep up with it daily, it only takes a short while to track. One of OfficeMate's weak points sadly. Here's to hoping they allow greater flexibility in customization of reports in a new version sometime soon!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK, I found a report that was similar to the one you describe - and it get's me about half of what I'm hoping to find. I actually spend a deal of time on the phone today with the OfficeMate guys asking them very specific questions about what I needed in a single report. They said there was no way to do what I wanted in a report.
    This is why, after 10 years, we moved over to Maximize.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Never again will I use the horrid guise of a program that is Maximeyes! it's hands down THE WORST optical office suite program I have EVER used!!! It will only cause you great pain and suffering! :shiner:

OfficeMate isn't perfect, and to date, no program I've used has been...but compared to Maximeyes it practically walks on water! :p :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thread Information