Thread: Where do you get cases and why

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Where do you get cases and why

We have been getting them from NY Eye, but the liner of the hard case is routinely coming unglued and popping out.

What is your choice and why?

I don't want to spend too much, but want something that works better than the ones we have now.
    John Henahan
    Spectrum Eyecare
    www.speceye.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I also have used the NY Eye cases. I get some from Ron's when they are on sale, and I picked up some decent looking ones from LBI in Vegas for a decent price. The shipping is the killer on cases and usually takes back any savings, but I don't live close enough to any of the Distributors to pick them up.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    We've gotten them from NYE as well and have seen the same but not enough to warrant an extra expense from another supplier. Most of our frames come with mfg-provided cases that are of a "higher" quality but even they have issues with the shell coming unglued. We usually only give out the generics to patients who didn't purchase a frame or to non-patients who need a case.

Others we have used: Optoplast, Ron's Optical and Hilco (the latter verging on very expensive). I can't say that any one is better than the other.

KK

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Supreme Optical In Cali.

The cases are very good quality and pretty inexpensive. Plus, they print.

:)

Supreme Optical
    1718 Potrero Ave # G
    South El Monte, CA 91733-3041
    (626) 350-0298
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I also had the same problem with cases coming unglued from NY eye. The cases also left a lot of "fuzz" on the lenses from the inside of the case. I now use LBI and have not seen any unglued cases yet,but I have only been using these cases for about 8 months.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We mostly use Rhode Island Case. No matter who you get those Gel flip-up type cases, they fall apart, but they have redesigned the hinge and it's not as bad as it was before.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've been using California Accessories for years and years, and have no complaints. I'm afraid if I order from someone else who might be a little cheaper, it'll be just that: cheaper.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi guys and gals!

I get the cases I give away with frames that don't normally come with cases from Avalon (pretty basic, they are black clam-shell cases...good prices, even on small orders) I get the cases that I sell from Ron's Optical, but I've been looking for other places as well....Looking forward to lurking in this thread! ;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

cases

there you guys go again with your backward thinking, its a pair of glasses that you sold, yet your to cheap to buy a good case, yeh make 300 profit, and give out a .39 cent case, wise up guys, ITS YOUR CUSTOMER, stop being cheap

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quite right Harry. We supply a case and a microfibre cloth with all new specs. The case is embossed with our name and logo on the outside and is printed on the inside with our practice details. The cloth is printed similarly. This cost us about 2 dollars, but whenever they lend their cloth to a friend or leave thier specs case lying out we get free advertising. Well worth it in my opinion, and because the cases are a bit more expensive we have very few complaints about them failing.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm not trying to be cheap...the cases I get are nice quality and the interior holds up well and doesn't shed...that's what I was looking for. The price is a bonus for me. The price isn't as much of an issue as the quality.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Easily fixed

The cases from NY Optical (aka Astucci) are quite good looking and the liner popping up is easy to fix. I usually choose the case to present with the glasses (and then let the customer change if she/he doesn't like it) and I tug on the liner a little. If it pops up, I take a piece of shipping tape, fold it over on itself, and stick it under the liner.

I was told some years ago that the glue that used to be used was much too toxic and had to be replaced with an inferior glue. (Too toxic for the Chinese to use? Yikes!) I don't know why they don't just use double sided tape. It's easy & doesn't let go.

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm with HeatherA. Most of our lines of frames come with a case for each frame, but a few of the lesser expensive (I won't use the word "cheaper;" nothing I sell is "cheap.") frames don't come with one. For these frames, I'll supply to the patient a hard case. If someone has come in for their exam, and say, goes home with contacts in but didn't bring a case for their glasses, we have soft, slip-in cases to give away. If they want to purchase a hard case, it's only a couple bucks. If the doc comes out and says, "make sure he/she gets a hard case," I just give it to them. It's not a big source of profit, and it's not a big deal. But if there's something that I'm just giving away to patients, I want to make sure my doctor's not paying too much when he could pay less for a good quality product that won't embarrass us later.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I'd be able to supply you with a variety of nice quality frames, low cost. please contact me if you are interested in more information. we have cleaning cloths available as well.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    we are factory from China, producing and exporting all kinds of glasses cases, good quality and price ,
    welcome to contact us at any time

Rae

Email: rae@eyeglasses-case.net

FB:http://www.facebook.com/eyeglassescase

MSN:eye-cases@hotmail.com

Thread Information