Thread: Pants on Fires!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Pants on Fires!

FIRE!!

On September 24, 2009, Speaker Pelosi said she was "absolutely" committed to posting the final health care bill online for 72 hours before it would be voted on. But now, she is trying to force her health care bill through the House without posting it for the American public to read. That's why we need to take action today.

Let Freedom Ring has put together an ad exposing Speaker Pelosi's blatant flip-flop. Now we need your help to get it out.

Please watch this video, share it with your friends and family and make a donation to help Let Freedom Ring broadcast it and fight back against this government takeover of our health care.
    Last edited by gemstone; 11-07-2009 at 12:44 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I see the tea-bagger element is alive and well.

Banned
    Occupation
    Yes. Always willing and ready to stick up for your freedom.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you for advocating for the freedom to have affordable health care in a sustainable system, because the system we have now is not sustainable. It's high time we fixed it and I don't care if Attila the Hun is spearheading the effort.

It is a fact that the average American family spends more on health care than it does on housing and food combined.
    It is a fact that health care costs are the single largest cause of personal bankruptcies.

This is as OUTRAGEOUS as it is embarassing.

Don't Blame Me, I voted for OBAMA to straighten out the mess made by BOTH political parties who were paid by the insurance industry to maintain the status quo. Change is occuring .......if you can't help in this effort, get the hell out of the way!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Thank you for advocating for the freedom to have affordable health care in a sustainable system, because the system we have now is not sustainable. It's high time we fixed it and I don't care if Attila the Hun is spearheading the effort.

This is as OUTRAGEOUS as it is embarassing.

, get the hell out of the way!
    If you think YOUR government provided health care is going to be more affordable and still be the best in the world, you have some serious delusions. I will be at the polls this upcoming election to help insure the "change".

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Speaking of serious delusions........

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    If you think YOUR government provided health care is going to be more affordable and still be the best in the world, you have some serious delusions. I will be at the polls this upcoming election to help insure the "change".

If you think health care in the United States is the best in the world, you should check some statistics.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    As a nurse I can say that the US system is not the best in the world. At least 3 countries have better systems than ours and they are all government funded.

:cheers:

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Canadian are not sorry to have health system.............

Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post

Change is occuring .......if you can't help in this effort, get the hell out of the way!
    In Canada,
    Having a bout with cancer years ago, collapsed on holidays, a trip of 20 miles to a hospital, four hour operation, 6 days in hospital followed with 6 month of chemo therapy at 1 week per month ($ 4,000 per day), .................... my total personal cash outlay was $ 130.00 for the ambulance.

In Naples Florida
    My wife having real pain, was told by a doctor to go to the emergency in the Hospital and made the arrangements by telephone. She was there for
    10 hours and passed several tests, in at PM and out a AM without any results and help.
    Cost was $ 13,500
    Family Doc determined that she had a broken rip, which was not seen in hospital.

Even if our Canadian system is by way not perfect, I still prefer to have it as well as everybody else.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    In Canada,
    Having a bout with cancer years ago, collapsed on holidays, a trip of 20 miles to a hospital, four hour operation, 6 days in hospital followed with 6 month of chemo therapy at 1 week per month ($ 4,000 per day), .................... my total personal cash outlay was $ 130.00 for the ambulance.

In Naples Florida
    My wife having real pain, was told by a doctor to go to the emergency in the Hospital and made the arrangements by telephone. She was there for
    10 hours and passed several tests, in at PM and out a AM without any results and help.
    Cost was $ 13,500
    Family Doc determined that she had a broken rip, which was not seen in hospital.

Even if our Canadian system is by way not perfect, I still prefer to have it as well as everybody else.
    Great example Chris, but it is irrelevant. Flip your own scenario around for me, and how much would I have paid in Canada for the cancer treatments and emergency surgery?? US citizen, US insurance, being treated in a foreign country, I doubt it would be $130.

This is apples and oranges here.

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    In Canada,

In Naples Florida
    Cost was $ 13,500

Individual's Federal Income Tax Rates 2009

Income (CAD)
    1-38,832 15%
    38,833-77,664 22%
    77,665-126,264 26%
    126,265 and over29%
    Anyone need a calculator?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Borysko View Post
    I see the tea-bagger element is alive and well.
    I got a "TEA BAG" for her.........:shiner:

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm allowed to mess one up every now and then:hammer:
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer
    • Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Thread Information