Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pants on Fires!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    ... It is all about relentlessly expanding the tax footprint....
    I think it's all about doing what's best for US citizens.

...Unemployment is as high as since J carter. ...
    You mean Reagan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    Since you have limited cognitive power, let's start with one of his biased accusations. Here are pages 58 and 59. Where do you find "Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts." I'll be honest, I don't see it.

I'll wait. Hmmm, hmm, hmmmmm....
    Anybody?..... Anybody?....... Beuhler?....... Beuhler?

I thought not.
    Nobody?
    Johns? Gem, Obnoxiouseyeguy, dick? C'mon ksquared, you're a mensa-girl - how about it?

Ok, then. The judge is full of crap. And the accusations he and his conservative repubican comrades made are all false.
    ...Just ask me...

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    No mamograms until 50.
    Soon to be anounced , no colonoscopies or prosphate checks either. Hey, I have a suggestion. To solve what the democrats think is the problem, sooner or later they will have to dictate not only whether or not do the procedure, but what tha cost will be. (Or doctor reimbersments. ) Why don't they just make a schedule of what the charges are for each procedure and make that law. Start there. Then make the insurance companies charge everyont the same price regardless of anything. ???? Well? ....Oh yea, that will not expand the tax footprint.

Really spex. No need for more discussion. It is a done deal. Those *******s are gonna do it regardless of having half the country against it.

Banned
    Occupation
    I think it's all about doing US citizens. YES!

You mean Reagan
    No jimmy carter

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    No jimmy carter
    You are bloody kidding me. Spexvet showed you a source that it was significantly higher during Reagan. Did you even look?

And you blame others for being closed minded. Seriously?

Banned
    Occupation
    I was making a comparison from jimmy carter to obama. Much , much, much more relevant.

http://www.heritage.org/research/economy/wm675.cfm

I was not speaking of mexicans and canidians.

j/k
    Last edited by gemstone; 11-19-2009 at 05:02 AM.

Occupation
    I was making a comparison from jimmy carter to obama. Much , much, much more relevant.

j/k
    So can you please explain the link that you provided, because that link backs up what spexvet was saying

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No mamograms until 50.
    Soon to be anounced , no colonoscopies or prosphate checks either. Hey, I have a suggestion. To solve what the democrats think is the problem, sooner or later they will have to dictate not only whether or not do the procedure, but what tha cost will be. (Or doctor reimbersments. ) Why don't they just make a schedule of what the charges are for each procedure and make that law. Start there. Then make the insurance companies charge everyont the same price regardless of anything. ???? Well? ....Oh yea, that will not expand the tax footprint.

Really spex. No need for more discussion. It is a done deal. Those *******s are gonna do it regardless of having half the country against it.
    That's like saying "the panel is populated by conservative repubicans who want to sabotage health reform so that lower wage earning employed US citizens can continue to die from lack of adequate healthcare", because you have no facts to back up your assertions.

From here:

Sebelius tries to debunk this right away: The U.S. Preventive Task Force is an outside independent panel of doctors and scientists who make recommendations. They do not set federal policy and they don't determine what services are covered by the federal government. ... Indeed, I would be very surprised if any private insurance company changed its mammography coverage decisions as a result of this action.
    And from here:

The Obama administration says its mammogram policy is unchanged despite a U.S. panel's finding that routine tests aren't necessary for women in their 40s.
    Get your facts, before you post something foolish.
    ...Just ask me...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    So can you please explain the link that you provided, because that link backs up what spexvet was saying
    And which President of which party had the lowest %?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    And which President of which party had the lowest %?
    the interesting thing is if you look at Gem's link, you will see that it was higher for Nixon/Ford. Then it went up for Reagan. It then dropped during Reagan's term and then slightly for GHW Bush's term. It further dropped for Clinton, but increased for GW Bush.

Maybe as a Dem basher, he should not have provided that link

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    the interesting thing is if you look at Gem's link, you will see that it was higher for Nixon/Ford. Then it went up for Reagan. It then dropped during Reagan's term and then slightly for GHW Bush's term. It further dropped for Clinton, but increased for GW Bush.

Maybe as a Dem basher, he should not have provided that link
    Yeah, sometimes his "proof" is not so real. Doesn't matter to him.
    From that it looks like LBJ had the lowest.
    I never much cared for LBJ, but zI guess he was successful in that regard. The Low Unemployment King!!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Banned
    Occupation
    That's like saying "the panel is populated by conservative repubicans who want to sabotage health reform so that lower wage earning employed US citizens can continue to die from lack of adequate healthcare", because you have no facts to back up your assertions.

From here:

And from here:

Get your facts, before you post something foolish.
    You just watch and see who the fools are. Remember what I am saying today. Like any of YOU or us for that matter knows anything anyway.
    Last edited by gemstone; 11-19-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Yeah, sometimes his "proof" is not so real. Doesn't matter to him.
    From that it looks like LBJ had the lowest.
    I never much cared for LBJ, but zI guess he was successful in that regard. The Low Unemployment King!!
    LBJ was on the bottom 10 list of all time. What a jack ***. No balls.

OH!. Sorry Dragon, not you, LBJ.

Occupation
    You just watch and see who the fools are. Remember what I am saying today. Like any of YOU or us for that matter knows anything anyway.
    I took several classes in economics (a class short of a minor), I have a business undergrad and a master's degree.

While I am not completely happy with everything Obama is doing, he did inheriet a horrible mess and is doing what he can to try to fix it. In addition, the other nations in recession that are doing the same thing are coming out of it well.

The final thing is there really were not many options during the recession. To leave everything alone and do nothing, would had this thing last years. In addition, the falling tax revenue due to unemployment would have even been more devastating to the federal budget. To cut spending during the recession would have been catastrophic. It would have laid more people off. The only other solution was to lower taxes, and economists have shown that spending increases is more affective than tax cuts as a way of stimulus.

With that said, I was not happy with the bailouts of the car companies and wish more of the spending went to infrastructure. Also, I do not think Obama should have cut taxes either.

But he was given the duty of dealing with this tremendous mess. And let's keep in mind who got us there and when we were saying "this is going to be a huge mess" 9 years ago.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Is this a picture of him?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlensmanwv View Post
    is this a picture of him?

lol lol lol lol. .lol lol lol lol. Lol lol lol lol

Banned
    Occupation

While I am not completely happy with everything Obama is doing, he did inheriet a horrible mess and is doing what he can to try to fix it. In addition, the other nations in recession that are doing the same thing are coming out of it well.

With that said, I was not happy with the bailouts of the car companies and wish more of the spending went to infrastructure. Also, I do not think Obama should have cut taxes either.

But he was given the duty of dealing with this tremendous mess. And let's keep in mind who got us there and when we were saying "this is going to be a huge mess" 9 years ago.
    As I said. We will soon find out.

Occupation
    as i said. We will soon find out.
    we will!!!

Banned
    Occupation
    I took several classes in economics (a class short of a minor), I have a business undergrad and a master's degree.
    By the way. I don't mean to take all your accomplishments too lightly. I once knew a fellow that had a masters. The guy could not tie his shoe. That was truely impressive. He could not communicate nowwhere nearly as elloquitly as you. How did such an idiot aquire a masters degree.

Also I am Sigma Kappa Delta and Phi Theta Kappa. They require only 3.3 and 3.5 respectively. My margin is .7 and .5, respectively.

Occupation
    By the way. I don't mean to take all your accomplishments too lightly. I once knew a fellow that had a masters. The guy could not tie his shoe. That was truely impressive. He could not communicate nowwhere nearly as elloquitly as you. How did such an idiot aquire a masters degree.

Also I am Sigma Kappa Delta and Phi Theta Kappa. They require only 3.3 and 3.5 respectively. My margin is .7 and .5, respectively.
    I tend to agree with you on that. I do know a lot of idiots that have a masters and I do know a lot of people with a high school degree that are brilliant. But I am very good at tying my shoes.

I was just trying to show that I do know a little about what I am talking about.

Banned
    Occupation
    I can tell that by your comments. I certainly do not consider someone an idiot or disagreeing with me.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

And you post paragraphs like above? I don't believe you. :bbg::D
    Bwahahahahahahahaha. It is to laugh. At you.
    ...Just ask me...

Banned
    Occupation
    And you post paragraphs like above? I don't believe you. :bbg::D
    Bwahahahahahahahaha. It is to laugh. At you.
    That stands pretty good alone. Its not a got dam term paper.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Dear ksquared,

I downloaded the text of the bill and searched it with the engine that comes with Microsoft Word. I found section 152. It says:

SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE.

(a) In General- Except as otherwise explicitly permitted by this Act and by subsequent regulations consistent with this Act , all health care and related services (including insurance coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services.

Now, it's not at all clear to me that this section mandates that illegal aliens receive health insurance. It seems that the judge is stretching it a bit here...In any case, this would be for courts to decide eventually. I would suggest that you do as I have done, download the final House bill, which is currently online, and see for yourself. We, as Americans have this right, which is very precious. Do not simply take the word of someone else on a matter this important. Thank you.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

j/k
    First, I'm sure the 'mexicans and canidians" appreciate you not speaking to them as you cant even recognize that their nationalities would need to be capitalized, oh and it's Canadian's with a capital 'C' as my Canadian wife would say.

Second, Did any one look at where this person is recieving his information? The Heritage Foundation is a neo-conservative think tank with alleged ties to the Korean CIA. They recieve donations from every Neo-Con Organization, including Castle Rock. Castle Rock makes the furthest neo-con organization look like left wing radicals. The Foundation (as it is often reffered to) host Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity for speaking ingagements regularly.

Third and finally, did any one ever tell the Tea-Bagger's what the street deffinition was of 'Tea-Bagging'? I think they should have done some research before naming themselves. I understand they wanted to bring up images of the Boston Tea Party but its not what I keep thinking.

And lastly the CBO yesterday came out with alarming figures on how the new Health Care bill will actually save money in the budget over the next 10 years. Not surprising the Heritage Foundation has ther own report stating the exact opposite.

Thank you, I'm taking my centrist brain and going home now.
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer
    • Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Thread Information