What would you say to a customer when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say to a customer when

The online bisuness is getting popular. I don't know how they manage to sell so cheap. I have never seen their product.

If you have or if you know what they are selling, what would you say to a customer when they say:

- why are your glasses so expensive - I can get complete glasses online for $25-50?

or

- what are your glasses better than those, sold online?

First you never know what you are going to get on line. Another thing you should say is we will have better quality and if you ever have any problems you can always come back and you will receive quick and EASY service. "You get what you pay for."

Comment

Originally posted by ekolar2 View Post
      The online bisuness is getting popular. I don't know how they manage to sell so cheap. I have never seen their product.

If you have or if you know what they are selling, what would you say to a customer when they say:

- why are your glasses so expensive - I can get complete glasses online for $25-50?

or

- what are your glasses better than those, sold online?
      "We have the proper equipment to take accurate measurements that are required to properly make and fit your lenses to your individual anatomy and lense system " then show them the puillometer and vertometer etc and ask them how they are going to do that on line accurately by themselves or with the help of an inexperienced freind with no equipment.

You should make up something on paper and hand it to them .

Comment

Funny, I JUST had a lady call and was price-shopping us, comparing to online, pretty much told her if her vision was that unimportant to her then maybe she should save her money and buy online. She didn't like that too much.
        Bryan Finley, Florida Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician

Comment

the problem is only beginning

I agree, it is annoying when customers ask why its cheaper online. My simple answer is that in a recent study nearly 60% of all eyewear sold online is fake or incorrectly made.

The big problem down the road will be when companies like lux and safilo will sell directly to the consumer online and customers will be able to go into a lenscrafters and have the measurements done for free. Actually, this is a part of what they have been working on for a little while. Tough to dispute the authenticity of a frame when it is sold directly from the manufacturer online. Patient files will also be created online with the manufacturers so customers can re-order in the future.

The cheap and stupid will be attracted to this type of retail, but unfortunately, I depend on them also to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by opti-refractonator View Post
            My simple answer is that in a recent study nearly 60% of all eyewear sold online is fake or incorrectly made.
            Can you tell us more about this study?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Finney View Post
              Funny, I JUST had a lady call and was price-shopping us, comparing to online, pretty much told her if her vision was that unimportant to her then maybe she should save her money and buy online. She didn't like that too much.
              I tell them that they can also go to Goodwill and they often have a basket of used glasses for sale. They are cheap, and they can try them on right there, w/out having to keep sending them back until they get something they can see out of.

If they are in the office, I'll walk them over to the Lions Club container and invite them to rummage through there as well...
              Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                I tell them that they can also go to Goodwill and they often have a basket of used glasses for sale. They are cheap, and they can try them on right there, w/out having to keep sending them back until they get something they can see out of.

If they are in the office, I'll walk them over to the Lions Club container and invite them to rummage through there as well...
                :cheers: NICE!!!:cheers:
                Bryan Finley, Florida Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician

Comment

Recent study

Yes the information comes from a recent study (May 2009) done by an online research group based in the states that tracks online sales. Just make it sound convincing.

Comment

Is it an actual study? "Make it sound convincing" sounds kinda sketchy. Do you have any links, or even the name of the study so we can see the real numbers?

Comment

Are they going to repair/adjust them online also? You expect me to work on the crap you buy online? If there is a problem, hope you can find someone who cares.

Yes that one bothers me also. Take notice, it will only be the Single vision people who even have a chance of being satisified.

Nice Johns. You mind if I use that?

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralKnight View Post
                        Is it an actual study? "Make it sound convincing" sounds kinda sketchy. Do you have any links, or even the name of the study so we can see the real numbers?
                        Yes, that.

Comment

I speak about my own experience and show them what I bought online as well as some of my friends. They were generous enough to give me their eyeglasses after 3 to 6 months, rather that put them in the trash

Nothing is better than real life.
                          Let people see by themselves, not just make a guess (and a try) on these craps.

I also take the opportunnity to explain how glasses are made, standards and so on and demonstrate how some are horribly made regarding these standards and the effect on their vision. And many other things...

It takes some time, but usually leads to a sale or at least increases the understanding.
                          I'm a very strong believer in education.

I'll be back with the results, very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                            I can't wait to use that one!!!
                            Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

Comment

Study

I am referring to a fake study. One that i just made up. Also like the one that i am about to make up again.

In a recent test done by the EPA on lead levels in some of the frames sold online were surprising. Most of the frames sold online, especially the cheap frames, contained upto 30 % more toxic lead mixed into the metal than is safe to wear. You wouldn't want to get sick from wearing cheap glasses, would you?

When you work with the public long enough, its fun to see the ridiculous stuff you can convince other people of, i.e carrots are good for your eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X