Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 650,000 Jobs saved by stimulus!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

650,000 Jobs saved by stimulus!

Thank Goodness! I thought we were in trouble, but this latest stat really puts me at ease.

Reminds me of a football player doing a victory dance after kicking a field goal in the final seconds of the game, while his team has lost the game 42 to 3.

Great stat though...650,000 jobs. (unless yours wasn't one of them)
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    You ever try to stop a 1000lbs bolder that is already rolling down a hill?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    You ever try to stop a 1000lbs bolder that is already rolling down a hill?
    No, but if I tried, and it smashed me into the ground, I wouldn't hold a press conference and brag about how I slowed it down!

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    No, but if I tried, and it smashed me into the ground, I wouldn't hold a press conference and brag about how I slowed it down!
    I think it would be news that it slowed down and stopped before it caused more destruction.

I mean movies are made on that sort of stuff all of the time

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    I think it would be news that it slowed down and stopped before it caused more destruction.

I couldn't agree more. Too bad it didn't...

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Seems to me the jobs saved were mostly govt jobs. That dosen't help private industy. Taxes can only go so far for govt paychecks. And how about the CIT bankruptcy. Any idea how many ppl lost retirement money in this one? And the USA loses the stimulus money they (we) put in.

Something Wicked This WayComes AngryFish's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

That Stinking Demon Hole

That's where this figure of 650,000 was pulled from.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Why not a couple of million!?!

Oh, sorry, it's not a conservative blog, and it's not Fox, so you'll have to find another reason to call it propaganda....

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...50701M20090110

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Obama Said It... "Windmills For Jobs"

"Obama said his plan would create nearly 500,000 jobs by investing in clean energy, by committing to double the production of alternative energy in the next three years and by improving the energy efficiency of 2 million American homes.
    "These made-in-America jobs building solar panels and wind turbines, developing fuel-efficient cars and new energy technologies pay well, and they can't be outsourced," he said."

Wow, if Obama says it I believe it. Turn the private sector loose on windmill manufacturing and will be better than Holland. Yippy! He is the savior of the world not Bush but Obama, mmmmm....mmmmm...mmmmm...Barack Hussein Obama
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Its time you folks got over it.......

Obama won the election! Yes....its true.........we have a black man for our President. Get over it! He's done more to help this country out of the morass it's been in than anyone I can think of. He cares about things that have made this country second rate in many areas- he cares about folk that have no health insurance- he cares about the soldiers he walked among today. Not the unknowns, the dead of Iraq and Afghanistan. He is the first president to have done so.He's met the bodies in Dover- not prohibited photographs of them He cares about this country and damn it, he's DOING something about it instead of sitting on his *** and complaining.

Will you people please do the same?
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I Heard That Line On A Comedy Show

And I am still laughing my self to tears with it. I have to say that I know you are joking to make a point because no one shows such adoration to a political figure, so I laugh along with you.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Obama won the election! Yes....its true.........we have a black man for our President.
    See Harry, that's what I'm talking about. Nobody in this thread mentioned race, but when we start pointing things out, you resort to saying we have a problem with his being black.

I wanted a black president, but she was way too smart to run. And when she didn't run, I was hoping Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams would have run. Thomas Sowell preaches sound economics and could have helped to put the country on solid footing again. I've got no problem with a black president, an entire black cabinet, and a congress and senate full of black men and women.

Put the best people in there for the job, and don't resort to racism when the arguments get heated.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryFish View Post
    "Obama said his plan would create nearly 500,000 jobs by investing in clean energy, by committing to double the production of alternative energy in the next three years and by improving the energy efficiency of 2 million American homes.
    "These made-in-America jobs building solar panels and wind turbines, developing fuel-efficient cars and new energy technologies pay well, and they can't be outsourced," he said."

Wow, if Obama says it I believe it. Turn the private sector loose on windmill manufacturing and will be better than Holland. Yippy! He is the savior of the world not Bush but Obama, mmmmm....mmmmm...mmmmm...Barack Hussein Obama
    Do you expect Obama to undo 8 years of Bush damage in 1 year?
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    See Harry, that's what I'm talking about. Nobody in this thread mentioned race, but when we start pointing things out, you resort to saying we have a problem with his being black.
    Because you are a racist.:finger:
    ...Just ask me...

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    He's the one that gave the date, not us:

"President-elect Barack Obama said on Saturday an analysis of his stimulus proposals showed that up to 4 million U.S. jobs could be saved or created by 2010, nearly 90 percent of them in the private sector."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Don't Forget Alan Keys

I would have voted for him along with some of the other you mention.

It's remarkable, sad, and unoriginal, that the true racists are the liberals who seek to control the black population by telling them how much they need the help of their liberal saviors. Because, after all, they really can't do anything for themselves.

The liberal agenda is the single biggest impediment to true racial equality.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would have voted for him along with some of the other you mention.

It's remarkable, sad, and unoriginal, that the true racists are the liberals who seek to control the black population by telling them how much they need the help of their liberal saviors. Because, after all, they really can't do anything for themselves.

Besides casting a ballot for "your" candidate, what have you done, or what are you doing now, to improve your community, your state, or your country. I see you poking fun at those who are doing something, and then ponitificating on who the "true racists" are (as if you are in any position to know) , but you pay very little, besides lip service, to making things any better for your fellow man. My sainted 6th grade teacher would have referred to you as a pimple on the posterior of progress! Now she did have a way with words! Indeed, something wicked has this way come.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Besides casting a ballot for "your" candidate, what have you done, or what are you doing now, to improve your community, your state, or your country. I see you poking fun at those who are doing something, and then ponitificating on who the "true racists" are (as if you are in any position to know) , but you pay very little, besides lip service, to making things any better for your fellow man. My sainted 6th grade teacher would have referred to you as a pimple on the posterior of progress! Now she did have a way with words! Indeed, something wicked has this way come.
    I never "poked fun" at anyone’s civic action; I was not the first to issue any commentary on who were racists, I presented facts that show your actions, in words, to be ignorant or counterproductive to your ideals. You, on the other hand, drew conclusions on the personal activity of someone you have never met, resort to name calling and use race as a weapon. If you have trouble dealing with the lame position you paint yourself into and need to resort to name calling and your sixth grade teacher, you are in a very sad state. If you cannot defend your position without name calling and race baiting perhaps you should re-consider your position. There is no shame in changing your beliefs, there is plenty in keeping ones that you know are flawed.

You can be emotional but don't let it blind you of reason.
    Last edited by AngryFish; 11-11-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Banned
    Occupation
    I remember hearing of a local Sheriff once that dramatically reduced the crime rate. He stopped arresting people.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

More Like 16 Years Bush & Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    You don't hear me singing the praises of Bush. In terms of the economy I look back at least 16 years to the earlier causes of the banking collapse, Federal Reserve, etc and that is just speaking of the contemporary causes. Throw Obamas Carbon taxes, cap and trade, trillion dollar bail-outs, and you've just sealed the coffin that we've been filling for years.

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, here, there were 15.7 Million unemployed persons (10.2%) in the month of October.

Using that very same data, we can figure that the other 89.8% (employed) account for 153,921,569 jobs that have so far been saved or created this year.

We only need to hold out for two more months with out losing 150 MILLION more jobs for the President to technically be correct.

Politics is like tennis, its all about the spin!
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You people are making me crazy!! That 10.2 stat is low. It dosent include the ppl who ran out of bennies. Try closer to 16%. Harry, I AM NOT A RACIST AND I AM OFFENDED YOU ACCUSE PPL YOU DON"T KNOW. President Bush and Laura showed up at Fort Hood the nex morning and yet obama came in close to a week later. As far as the casket pictures, they were banned out of respect for the families. obama showed up for a photo op. And I don't remember Bush sitting on his ars and complaining about things. That was left to network tv. I can't keep going. I'm going to blow a gasket and my wife is telling me to shut up and stop yelling at the computer.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

My Fellow American

Quote Originally Posted by optowalt View Post
    You people are making me crazy!! That 10.2 stat is low. It dosent include the ppl who ran out of bennies. Try closer to 16%. Harry, I AM NOT A RACIST AND I AM OFFENDED YOU ACCUSE PPL YOU DON"T KNOW. President Bush and Laura showed up at Fort Hood the nex morning and yet obama came in close to a week later. As far as the casket pictures, they were banned out of respect for the families. obama showed up for a photo op. And I don't remember Bush sitting on his ars and complaining about things. That was left to network tv. I can't keep going. I'm going to blow a gasket and my wife is telling me to shut up and stop yelling at the computer.
    Tell you wife its ok your serving the greater good, it does not work with mine by its worth a shot.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Obama won the election! Yes....its true.........we have a black man for our President. Get over it! He's done more to help this country out of the morass it's been in than anyone I can think of. He cares about things that have made this country second rate in many areas- he cares about folk that have no health insurance- he cares about the soldiers he walked among today. Not the unknowns, the dead of Iraq and Afghanistan. He is the first president to have done so.He's met the bodies in Dover- not prohibited photographs of them He cares about this country and damn it, he's DOING something about it instead of sitting on his *** and complaining.

Will you people please do the same?
    I agree with you, he is working his *** off, but some of the things hes doing is very questionable. But then you never exactly know whats perfect. Every economist has at least a slightly different answer so then any decision could really be questionable, so we got to hope for the best. He might be making the economy worse or it might be the best thing that has happened. I guess time will tell.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ...It's remarkable, sad, and unoriginal, that the true racists are the liberals who seek to control the black population by telling them how much they need the help of their liberal saviors. Because, after all, they really can't do anything for themselves.

Wrong. The Liberal agenda is to ensure an even playing field, so that conservative racists can't do things like look at a job application and veto a candidate because his name is Jamaal - oh no, that neeeever happens, it's all legal - his application was trashed because he's not available on Sundays in the middle of the week, nudge nudge wink wink.

... You, on the other hand, drew conclusions on the personal activity of someone you have never met, resort to name calling and use race as a weapon.
    That wasn't drawing a conclusion, it was stating a fact. Even johns admits it
    … I'm the racist!

You don't hear me singing the praises of Bush. In terms of the economy I look back at least 16 years to the earlier causes of the banking collapse, Federal Reserve, etc and that is just speaking of the contemporary causes.
    Funny how you ignore the previous 12 years of daddy Bush and Dutch. Remember the recession of 89/90? The S and L scandal? The recession of 1982 or the recession of 1987? Check your history books - repubicans have screwed this country up. Thank God Obama is here to fix things. Praise Obama!

Throw Obamas Carbon taxes, cap and trade, trillion dollar bail-outs, and you've just sealed the coffin that we've been filling for years.
    Now you're counting programs against him that haven't even been enacted yet. You have no idea how those progams will work out... unless ... you're not Kreskin, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_f_aboc View Post
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, here, there were 15.7 Million unemployed persons (10.2%) in the month of October.

Using that very same data, we can figure that the other 89.8% (employed) account for 153,921,569 jobs that have so far been saved or created this year.

We only need to hold out for two more months with out losing 150 MILLION more jobs for the President to technically be correct.

Politics is like tennis, its all about the spin!
    Yeah, the unemployment numbers are getting up into Reagan numbers.

...Harry, I AM NOT A RACIST AND I AM OFFENDED YOU ACCUSE PPL YOU DON"T KNOW.
    Are you saying that johns is not a racist?

President Bush and Laura showed up at Fort Hood the nex morning and yet obama came in close to a week later.
    So? When did Bush show up in New Orleans?

As far as the casket pictures, they were banned out of respect for the families.
    No they weren't. Bush kept that information from the American people so that we wouldn't be outraged at the toll his war was taking on our young heroes.

obama showed up for a photo op.
    That's a load of crap. I AM OFFENDED YOU ACCUSE PPL YOU DON"T KNOW

And I don't remember Bush sitting on his ars and complaining about things.
    And I don't see Obama sitting on his ars and complaining about things. Are we through, here?
    ...Just ask me...

Thread Information