Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody need anything?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks. I know they are great at VSI. I'm looking more for a private deal like a lease return or someone upgrading to a new machine.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolShades View Post
    Thanks. I know they are great at VSI. I'm looking more for a private deal like a lease return or someone upgrading to a new machine.

So you like to gamble?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I am a business owner (entrepreneur)(gambler).

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Tools, tools, tools!!!! PLEASE :-)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by musicvirtuoso View Post
    I hope Johns found some tools for you!

Sadly, there are plenty of "TOOLS" on Optiboard!

What tools do you need?

I "gave" a bunch of mine away. I have written them off as charity at this point since payment seems a lost cause!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by musicvirtuoso View Post
    Can you be more specific?

How about a start set?
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I hope Johns found some tools for you!

Sadly, there are plenty of "TOOLS" on Optiboard!

What tools do you need?

I "gave" a bunch of mine away. I have written them off as charity at this point since payment seems a lost cause!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Can you be more specific?

How about a start set?
    @Fezz: LMAO

@Jonhs: Start set works. Whatever you have. I'm really starting from scratch (minus one set of round nose/nylon pliers). I basically don't want to rely on the very old, very used (with no intention of updating) tools at the job. :-)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All of the tools that I have are from a company that called Sight Resources. The went bottoms up about 4 years ago, and I ended up with most of their lab/opticals tools. They are all used, and may not be better than what you're working with now.

(Nobody that has purchased any from me has complained, but they are mostly starting at point zero.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All of the tools that I have are from a company that called Sight Resources. The went bottoms up about 4 years ago, and I ended up with most of their lab/opticals tools. They are all used, and may not be better than what you're working with now.

(Nobody that has purchased any from me has complained, but they are mostly starting at point zero.)
    I'm sure I won't complain. ;-) I'm really starting from scratch as well. I would rather have my own tools than use the ones at work - as long as they work and are a somewhat comprehensive set.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

frame bars

Still have frame bars?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jagosnell View Post
    Still have frame bars?
    Yes, but I'm not sure how many clips I have. I probably 150 bars left.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am in need of two pair of Sama T3 Sunglasses in black. They are the same ones from Terminator 3 that Arnold wears. If anyone can help me please let me know!!! Need ASAP too!! Thanks!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sunglasse displays?
    What hand tools

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optimark View Post
    Sunglasse displays?
    What hand tools

I've got
    - 2 Oakley displays (open shelf type) $35 ea
    -1 RayBan 12 pc(?) locking counter display $45
    -1 Maui Jim 12 pc (or 8?) metal counter display $35

Not sure if I have all the keys for the 2 dollar locks that are on them, but we can work something out if not.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    You have a picture of the frame bars/clips and price. jagosnell@yahoo.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Johns...got any extra gasoline you wouldn't mind sharing? I don't actually like to use it. I just like to look at it in my garage. (blatant hijack attempt).

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod View Post
    Johns...got any extra gasoline you wouldn't mind sharing? I don't actually like to use it. I just like to look at it in my garage. (blatant hijack attempt).
    I do in fact have some extra gasoline. I go through quite a few vehicles, and when I sell one, I am always sure to siphon out all the gas, leaving just enough fuel in the tank for the purchaser to make it the 17 miles to the closest gas station. I would be willing to sell you some (I've got a few gallons of a wonderful '98 vintage out of a Jeep), however, being concerned for your safety, I need to be assured that you are aware of the proper storage techniques.

How to Store Gas Inside a Garage:

I want to do this! What's This?

You can store gasoline in approved canisters if you need to store gasoline for your lawn mower or other type of small engine. Gas cans purchased from a gasoline retailer are approved by state and local government regulations. Once you have bought the appropriate gas can and have filled it you can store it safely in your garage. Since many garages are directly connected to homes it's important to take all precautions to prevent any spilling accidents from occurring or any other type of accident due to improper storage of the gasoline can.

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

• Gas container

1. 1
      Purchase an appropriate gas container that include vents, a safety lock feature and a lid that screws on tight. The container should include an approved label by state and federal regulations. You can find such gas canisters at your local home improvement store.
    2. 2
      Store your gas can in your garage in an area that is at least 50 feet away from any flame source. Read the label on any chemicals close by to know whether or not it's safe for your canister to be by those chemicals.
    3. 3
      Check that your garage is at room temperature and no warmer than 80 degrees. Keep the gas can placed in an area where there is no direct sunlight or heat sources near by, such as a furnace or space heater.
    4. 4
      Keep the can on a flat surface and in an area where it cannot be easily knocked over. Also, when you've secured the gas can in an area in your garage you should check that the can is not too full and that the gas cap is screwed on tightly.
    5. 5
      Keep materials to clean up a possible spill near by the gas can so that it can be cleaned quickly. A gas spill can be picked up with paper, rags, cat liter or sawdust. Dispose of any waste spill material at a hazardous waste facility, and never place them in garbage bags.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Did you put stabilizer in that sweet '98 vintage? Does it have ethanol?

Edit:
    HEY! The normal Edit works now without having to go to Advanced. Thanks Steve!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I do in fact have some extra gasoline. I go through quite a few vehicles, and when I sell one, I am always sure to siphon out all the gas, leaving just enough fuel in the tank for the purchaser to make it the 17 miles to the closest gas station. I would be willing to sell you some (I've got a few gallons of a wonderful '98 vintage out of a Jeep), however, being concerned for your safety, I need to be assured that you are aware of the proper storage techniques.

How to Store Gas Inside a Garage:

I want to do this! What's This?

You can store gasoline in approved canisters if you need to store gasoline for your lawn mower or other type of small engine. Gas cans purchased from a gasoline retailer are approved by state and local government regulations. Once you have bought the appropriate gas can and have filled it you can store it safely in your garage. Since many garages are directly connected to homes it's important to take all precautions to prevent any spilling accidents from occurring or any other type of accident due to improper storage of the gasoline can.

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

• Gas container

1. 1
      Purchase an appropriate gas container that include vents, a safety lock feature and a lid that screws on tight. The container should include an approved label by state and federal regulations. You can find such gas canisters at your local home improvement store.
    2. 2
      Store your gas can in your garage in an area that is at least 50 feet away from any flame source. Read the label on any chemicals close by to know whether or not it's safe for your canister to be by those chemicals.
    3. 3
      Check that your garage is at room temperature and no warmer than 80 degrees. Keep the gas can placed in an area where there is no direct sunlight or heat sources near by, such as a furnace or space heater.
    4. 4
      Keep the can on a flat surface and in an area where it cannot be easily knocked over. Also, when you've secured the gas can in an area in your garage you should check that the can is not too full and that the gas cap is screwed on tightly.
    5. 5
      Keep materials to clean up a possible spill near by the gas can so that it can be cleaned quickly. A gas spill can be picked up with paper, rags, cat liter or sawdust. Dispose of any waste spill material at a hazardous waste facility, and never place them in garbage bags.

No johns...you got me all wrong. I store it in the gas tank of my car...it just never seems to get used up except every 600 miles or so. But don't send me too much. I can only store 9 gallons.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod View Post
    No johns...you got me all wrong. I store it in the gas tank of my car...it just never seems to get used up except every 600 miles or so. But don't send me too much. I can only store 9 gallons.
    Oh! I get it! (I'm so stupid sometimes)

Yes, now I understand your problem. You've got gas in your car, but your car doesn't run very well, so you don't drive it much. Don't be so cheap! Spend the big bucks on a decent mechanic and try and get it fixed! Then, go out and drive!

Just for curiosity sake though....does it get pretty decent mileage when it is running?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Johns, Johns, Johns...you're really reaching now, aren't you? You know darn well my car runs just fine and can go from 0-60 in about 9 seconds on gasoline. And how many times do I have to tell you, it's not about money. It's about letting oil sheiks take advantage of us.

I think everybody is getting tired of this one........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'm gonna let it rest.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    looking for displays (sunglasses,glasses) for aprox.100-150 glasses.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar08 View Post
    looking for displays (sunglasses,glasses) for aprox.100-150 glasses.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Tier-Spinner-S...item19c072100f

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm looking for the collections of Lindberg and Silhouette patterns and drill charts.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    need slit lamp thanx bob 5087712834

Thread Information