Thread: Briot Accura Sizing Issues

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Briot Accura Sizing Issues

Hi Guys,
    I bought a second hand accura cx a few months ago and despite having it serviced twice, the sizing remains an issue. None of the lenses cuts small but vary between -0.6 and a whopping -2.9. There seems to be no pattern to what cuts at what size. Can anyone give me any clues ??

Cheers, Optic.ian:hammer:

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Problems with Briot

Hi Everyone.
    If you are looking for a new reliable patternless edger, stay away from Briot if possible. We made the biggest mistake a year ago and bought Briot Acura CX. Its been giving us problems from day one. The first day that we got it, they had to change the tracer, since than, they had changed everything in it. The board, the wheel, the blade and the list can go one. They promised us in writing that if the problems with proceed the edger will be replaced for a new one. Now it broke, and hasn’t been working for 2 weeks. They are not replacing it like they promised. We are stock with paying for to the bank for the loan, plus we are sending all of our jobs out.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We have had a Briot for almost 11 years. Zero real issues, now I must add that I can take this apart and put it back together myself.

There can be a lot of things that cause sizing issues.

Could be one or several of the "pots" need to be set again using a meter.

Electronics =/
    :drop:

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I have had my used Briot Accura CX for two months now. With no sizing issues. First and foremost the small sizing errors have been repeatable. That makes it easy to set the final size correction in the menu. I think I got lucky today. The scanner missed the groove and the stylus got hung up on the nosepad and twisted 80 degrees. That scared the heck out of me. I don't have a repair manual or the calibration tools necessary to calibrate it from scratch. I figured if the machine can twist it maybe I could too. I turned it back with a lot of finger muscle. I guessed well and now my sizes are +0.05 instead of +0.10 . Get some good calipers to measure your lenses. I do have the lens size calibration patterns thank goodness. And being an old EE engineer with a machinist father, I can fix anything. I have to looked at it more closely tomorrow. Does anyone know how the stylus tip is mounted? set screw? press fit?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by maka214612 View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    If you are looking for a new reliable patternless edger, stay away from Briot if possible. We made the biggest mistake a year ago and bought Briot Acura CX. Its been giving us problems from day one. The first day that we got it, they had to change the tracer, since than, they had changed everything in it. The board, the wheel, the blade and the list can go one. They promised us in writing that if the problems with proceed the edger will be replaced for a new one. Now it broke, and hasn’t been working for 2 weeks. They are not replacing it like they promised. We are stock with paying for to the bank for the loan, plus we are sending all of our jobs out.
    +1. Go with Santinelli.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Does anyone know how to get into calibration mode on the Briot Accura CX? I need to calibrate the bevel placement.

Thread Information