Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: My first Official Act as a new Democrat

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

My first Official Act as a new Democrat

Yes...I have switched parties. I am sick of the hateful mail I am getting and the hate-filled, angry speeches I am hearing from the conservatives. My first official act as a democrat is to post this link...enjoy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...tory?track=rss

dwayne

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Isn't it refreshing to not have to hate people and to want our President to fail and take the country along with him just so a Democrat won't get any credit for doing a good job?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice nicorusty5150's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Want Obama to fail???

Conservatives don't want Obama to fail as a President - we just don't want him to fail US, these great United States which he wants to become mainstream" - to be just like every other country, which is why he apologizes to other nations and drinks tea with terrorists. This is mostly to keep his liberal friends happy who care nothing of America becoming "mainstream". Who knows though, maybe he will give ya the Olymics in 2012, which is ALL he seems concerned about right now.

God Bless Ronald Reagan

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh good grief! We're not buying hate and fear anymore.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Here's hate speech for ya.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qebWaR7XlRQ

He should be kicked in the butt, and I'll be the first in line! If I ever spoke like that in public - even now at 35 - my parents would have my hide! What happened to the "tolerant" democrat? There is no such thing!
    "You can't think about it, you just gotta let your brain do the work....."
    my dad

OptiBoard Apprentice nicorusty5150's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hate?

Well, my first official act on this website is to respond. Your anger towards us conservatives is sorta like our anger towards Obama and his far-left liberal morons who are on the path of ruining OUR country. I assure you that THIS conservative's anger is NOT towards YOU personally, it's towards ANYONE, Democrat or Republican that does things that I know are not good for our country and our children. You are right when you say we are ANGRY. I am definetly angry. Anger does not mean hate.

dwayne[/QUOTE]

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not angry at you, just sad for you.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Replicans ROCK! Dem's are lame!!!

I figure it's just a matter of time before the people in this thread stoop to name calling and accusations so I figure I'd get the ball rolling!:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ai yi yi people. The crap that is spewed from both sides isn''t worth listening to. Intelligence and good old American common sense kicks in for most of us. If someone wants to give me an honest non-biased view, I'll listen. If someone can back up any view with facts, I'll listen. Name calling makes me turn away. It's like your parents arguing, you don't want to hear it. As a conservative American I have issues with what is happening in my country and in my state. I am not a racist nor do I oppose true health care reform. I don't hate liberals nor do I know anyone in my conservative circle of friends that does. We simply have a different way of looking at things is all.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Pelican sub-species???

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Pit View Post
    Replicans ROCK! Dem's are lame!!!

:cheers:
    Or as Chip would say- Dem lame Replican's ROCK.:D

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I think there are good people in both parties and also evil people in both parties.

Regardless of which party is in power or what "letter" they have behind their name (R or D), I want limited government and maximum personal freedom.

Karen

(the libertarian- small L libertarian)

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen View Post
    I think there are good people in both parties and also evil people in both parties.

Regardless of which party is in power or what "letter" they have behind their name (R or D), I want limited government and maximum personal freedom.

Karen

I agree with the first sentence completey. That is why I am un-enrolled. Limited government cannot possibly meet the needs of it's citizens, either in defense or social welfare. Government should do both.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by nicorusty5150 View Post
    Conservatives don't want Obama to fail as a President - we just don't want him to fail US, these great United States which he wants to become mainstream" - to be just like every other country, which is why he apologizes to other nations and drinks tea with terrorists. This is mostly to keep his liberal friends happy who care nothing of America becoming "mainstream". Who knows though, maybe he will give ya the Olymics in 2012, which is ALL he seems concerned about right now.

God Bless Ronald Reagan
    Oh, OK, I get it.
    You want Obama's POLICIES to fail, just like President Reagan's, and the Presidents Bushes, but just not to ruin the country like they did.
    That makes more sense.
    Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 10-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jcasowder View Post
    ...What happened to the "tolerant" democrat? ...
    It went the way of the "tolerant" conservative, which never existed.

...far-left liberal morons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Pit View Post
    I figure it's just a matter of time before the people in this thread stoop to name calling and accusations so I figure I'd get the ball rolling!:cheers:
    Too late. The conservative already stooped.

who are on the path of ruining OUR country.
    That started in 1992 when the repubicans got control of congress, and accellerated in 2000 when they got control of all three branches of government and began to expand their role in the lives of individual Americans with policies like the PATRIOT Act and trying to limit abortion and same-gender marriage.
    I assure you that THIS conservative's anger is NOT towards YOU personally, it's towards ANYONE, Democrat or Republican that does things that I know are not good for our country and our children. You are right when you say we are ANGRY. I am definetly angry. Anger does not mean hate....
    Then you must REALLY be angry at the repubicans!

I don't see it as "good" and "evil". I see it as people who are consitent with my idea of what is helpful and what is detrimental to the well-being of our great nation.

Karen

Do you really want limited government, or do just want to determine what that limit is? Do you want no traffic lights or roads? Do you want pharmaceutical companies to go unpunished when they sell you medicine that doesn't work? Do you want people to be able to marry someone of the same gender? Doesn't maximum personal freedom include the right to have an abortion during any trimester of a pregnancy?

Could it be that you really don't mind government until it involves taking your money, and that maximum personal freedom means that you get to keep all your money?
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    God Bless Ronald Reagan
    I think God gave Dutch got exactly what he deserved.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Yes...I have switched parties. I am sick of the hateful mail I am getting and the hate-filled, angry speeches I am hearing from the conservatives. My first official act as a democrat is to post this link...enjoy.

dwayne
    Congratulations, and welcome. You've rejected the dark side. May the force be with you!:cheers:
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Ditto what Splexie just said.

Occupation
    Spexvet:

I think we need some things that government provides (such as roads, fire fighters, police, traffic lights, and I'm pretty happy we have water, sewage etc).

Some of the things that really irritate and concern me with regards to the size and scope of government intrusive-ness and invasiveness, is how out of control our government has been spiraling especially since the "war on terror" has begun. THE ONE event that SLAPPED me and REALLY (still to this day) has me shaken up is the passage of the (un)Patriot Act. That flies in the face of everything our Constitution stands for. It's horrifying to me. It should be horrifying to everyone.

And, as far as taking my money away, why do we even "need" to pay taxes when we have an (un)Federal (no)Reserve (not a) Bank printing money like there's no tomorrow or we borrow it from China at an unfathomable rate. Hmmm... printing money like there's no tomorrow, yes, it seems to be working well for Zimbabwe.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post

dwayne

I agree, Dwayne, about the whining from the conservatives. I am to the point where I just want to say: SHUT UP when I hear their ramblings ... I only listen to one political radio show - she's a local gal; most of the topics she covers deals with our LOCAL metro area. I've been known to turn the radio off if she goes off on the National political arena.

Occupation
    You know what else "torques my shorts", whether you agree with him or not, whether you LIKE him or not, he IS "President Obama", not OBAMA. I get so annoyed when I hear him referred to "Obama" but former President Bush is "President Bush".

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, my first official act on this website is to respond. Your anger towards us conservatives is sorta like our anger towards Obama and his far-left liberal morons who are on the path of ruining OUR country. I assure you that THIS conservative's anger is NOT towards YOU personally, it's towards ANYONE, Democrat or Republican that does things that I know are not good for our country and our children. You are right when you say we are ANGRY. I am definetly angry. Anger does not mean hate.

dwayne
    [/QUOTE]
    You should be angry about the way your previous administration ran our country in to the ground, put us in this recession, and reduced US stature in the world community.
    Last edited by KStraker; 10-02-2009 at 11:19 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You know what else "torques my shorts", whether you agree with him or not, whether you LIKE him or not, he IS "President Obama", not OBAMA. I get so annoyed when I hear him referred to "Obama" but former President Bush is "President Bush".

I agree. In no way am I a liberal but he is our resident and should have that title used. However I do recall President Bush just being called "Bush" by both the left and the right.

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I find it interesting that you didn't notice that or at least it didn't bother you when it was "Bush" and "President Clinton"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    I find it interesting that you didn't notice that or at least it didn't bother you when it was "Bush" and "President Clinton"
    "President Clinton"? I remember him being called "Slick Willie"!
    ...Just ask me...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Which Willy were they referring to? Were they referring to Bill or his little...well you know WILLY!!!!:p

Thread Information