Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Is it possible to Burn YouTube video's to DVD?

  1. #1
    Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,921

    Is it possible to Burn YouTube video's to DVD?

    I'm working on making a mist screen and projector for Halloween and would like to burn some youtube videos to DVD. is it possible?

  2. #2
    One of the worst people here
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    8,331
    yes. There is software that will extract that video from youtube and save it to your computer. You can then burn it.

    Unfortunately, I do not remember what the software is called.

  3. #3
    Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Home of the Newly Wed & Nearly Dead
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    383
    I use this YouTube downloader--it's free and verified by Cnet.

    http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Dow...-10647340.html

  4. #4
    Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,921
    Thanks guys, er guy and gal.

  5. #5
    Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,921

    Further stupid(me) question.

    It works great and I can burn the video, but my projector, actually my daughter's ZoomBox, won't recognize any of the formats available, any suggestions?

  6. #6
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    144
    Just google using :flash video converter free
    returned 33 millions hits

    One I have found (free and portable : no installation):

    http://download.cnet.com/Free-FLV-Co...-10832044.html

    Don't forget to read the comments below
    I didn't try that software.

    Just have to know next what format your box read

    Edit later : this software has nag screens (read the comments), which is not always good. Be careful or just find another one.

    Have fun !!!
    Last edited by Comma; 09-21-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: more info

  7. #7
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    It works great and I can burn the video, but my projector, actually my daughter's ZoomBox, won't recognize any of the formats available, any suggestions?
    What software did you use to burn it to DVD? Apparently it does not auto-convert the flash video files to normal DVD files. I use Nero and it works, unless it's in the relatively new .mkv format. Still working on converting that, I have a few demos to try.
    I just made a DVD of a bunch of Cab Calloway videos and Nero worked fine. You might try their free version, don't know if it does DVDs or not.
    http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php

    Or, this looks like it might work,
    http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  8. #8
    ABO-AC, NCLEC bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas, United States
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by LilKim View Post
    I use this YouTube downloader--it's free and verified by Cnet.

    http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Dow...-10647340.html
    Does this work on HULU Flash video too?
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

  9. #9
    Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    What software did you use to burn it to DVD? Apparently it does not auto-convert the flash video files to normal DVD files. I use Nero and it works, unless it's in the relatively new .mkv format. Still working on converting that, I have a few demos to try.
    I just made a DVD of a bunch of Cab Calloway videos and Nero worked fine. You might try their free version, don't know if it does DVDs or not.
    http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php

    Or, this looks like it might work,
    http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
    I'll have to play with this stuff to see I can get it to work, maybee i'm just stupid ok no maybe about it, but i just can't figure out the programs

  10. #10
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    I'll have to play with this stuff to see I can get it to work, maybee i'm just stupid ok no maybe about it, but i just can't figure out the programs
    Sorry, they don't appear to have the Magical Thought-Guided Convertor/Burner software developed yet. Rats. Forgot what timeline I was in.
    Maybe it's because you're in PA?


    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  11. #11
    Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Sorry, they don't appear to have the Magical Thought-Guided Convertor/Burner software developed yet. Rats. Forgot what timeline I was in.
    Maybe it's because you're in PA?


    the free nero doesn't appear to support the dvd copy, I think the problem I was having with the DVD flick was I was trying too small a file. I downloaded and converted a 3 min clip no problem the one I was trying last night was only 16 sec.


    As to the PA comment say hello to your wife / cousin, her father/brother was right she is to good for you.:bbg:

  12. #12
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    the free nero doesn't appear to support the dvd copy, I think the problem I was having with the DVD flick was I was trying too small a file. I downloaded and converted a 3 min clip no problem the one I was trying last night was only 16 sec.


    As to the PA comment say hello to your wife / cousin, her father/brother was right she is to good for you.:bbg:

    Hey, look! It's Uncle Dad!:D:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  13. #13
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    I found one that works easily.
    http://www.sothinkmedia.com/movie-dvd-maker/

    The free version inserts a nag screen at the start of a video, but it works very well and easily for the flash video conversion/burn in one step.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  14. #14
    Bad address email on file eganrem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    11
    Oops sorry the website for downloadhelper is Downloadhelper.net , not downloadhelper.com.

  15. #15
    Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Home of the Newly Wed & Nearly Dead
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    383
    Flash video is flash video, no matter what site you're viewing them on. I haven't tried downloading Hulu video (great idea, might try that tonight after work!).

    For some reason, that software link I posted to download Youtube videos wouldn't let me convert them afterwards either. So I downloaded the torrent for AVS Video Converter, downloaded the crack (not the kind you smoke, lol), and now have a working version. Converts files like a breeze! Yeehaw piracy! :D

  16. #16
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by LilKim View Post
    Flash video is flash video, no matter what site you're viewing them on. I haven't tried downloading Hulu video (great idea, might try that tonight after work!).

    For some reason, that software link I posted to download Youtube videos wouldn't let me convert them afterwards either. So I downloaded the torrent for AVS Video Converter, downloaded the crack (not the kind you smoke, lol), and now have a working version. Converts files like a breeze! Yeehaw piracy! :D
    True

    As far as I know, Hulu is just a downloader and nothing more.
    Flash is flash whatever how you downloaded your files.
    What's the extension of your files ?

    About cracks : just be aware that a lot of recent viruses-trojans-worms,etc. spread using these cracks.
    Recent = not always detected by your antivirus.
    If you use them, I suggest you to scan the file using this website:

    www.virustotal.com

    Online checking of files using almost all antivirus software that exist. Not always the most recent defs, but it could help, since a lot of these also use heuristic analysis. You will reduce your risk.
    When playing with cracks, just one antivirus is never enough.

    Last suggestion : wait at least 1 or 2 weeks before scanning any questionnable recently downloaded file, let others learn the hard way, so all antiviruses will have the def of this possible danger to your computer BEFORE you make a scan. Let others take the risk
    Last edited by Comma; 10-08-2009 at 11:48 PM.

  17. #17
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    5
    Yes there is but, I have never done it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. You have to see "Eileen" video on YouTube!
    By Local Eye Site in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 10:34 PM
  2. YouTube tags?
    By rinselberg in forum Feedback, Comments and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 05:06 PM
  3. Reflective Burn (Mirror Coatings)
    By jherman in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 03:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment