Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to Burn YouTube video's to DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to Burn YouTube video's to DVD?

I'm working on making a mist screen and projector for Halloween and would like to burn some youtube videos to DVD. is it possible?

yes. There is software that will extract that video from youtube and save it to your computer. You can then burn it.

Unfortunately, I do not remember what the software is called.

Comment

I use this YouTube downloader--it's free and verified by Cnet.

Comment

Thanks guys, er guy and gal.

Comment

Further stupid(me) question.

It works great and I can burn the video, but my projector, actually my daughter's ZoomBox, won't recognize any of the formats available, any suggestions?

Comment

Just google using :flash video converter free
            returned 33 millions hits

One I have found (free and portable : no installation):

Don't forget to read the comments below
            I didn't try that software.

Just have to know next what format your box read

Edit later : this software has nag screens (read the comments), which is not always good. Be careful or just find another one.

Have fun !!!
            Last edited by Comma; 09-20-2009, 11:55 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by k12311997 View Post
              It works great and I can burn the video, but my projector, actually my daughter's ZoomBox, won't recognize any of the formats available, any suggestions?
              What software did you use to burn it to DVD? Apparently it does not auto-convert the flash video files to normal DVD files. I use Nero and it works, unless it's in the relatively new .mkv format. Still working on converting that, I have a few demos to try.
              I just made a DVD of a bunch of Cab Calloway videos and Nero worked fine. You might try their free version, don't know if it does DVDs or not.

Or, this looks like it might work,
              DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
              "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by LilKim View Post
                I use this YouTube downloader--it's free and verified by Cnet.

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Dow...-10647340.html
                Does this work on HULU Flash video too?
                A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                  What software did you use to burn it to DVD? Apparently it does not auto-convert the flash video files to normal DVD files. I use Nero and it works, unless it's in the relatively new .mkv format. Still working on converting that, I have a few demos to try.
                  I just made a DVD of a bunch of Cab Calloway videos and Nero worked fine. You might try their free version, don't know if it does DVDs or not.

Or, this looks like it might work,
                  http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
                  I'll have to play with this stuff to see I can get it to work, maybee i'm just stupid ok no maybe about it, but i just can't figure out the programs

Comment

I'll have to play with this stuff to see I can get it to work, maybee i'm just stupid ok no maybe about it, but i just can't figure out the programs
                    Sorry, they don't appear to have the Magical Thought-Guided Convertor/Burner software developed yet. Rats. Forgot what timeline I was in.
                    Maybe it's because you're in PA?

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                      Sorry, they don't appear to have the Magical Thought-Guided Convertor/Burner software developed yet. Rats. Forgot what timeline I was in.
                      Maybe it's because you're in PA?

the free nero doesn't appear to support the dvd copy, I think the problem I was having with the DVD flick was I was trying too small a file. I downloaded and converted a 3 min clip no problem the one I was trying last night was only 16 sec.

As to the PA comment say hello to your wife / cousin, her father/brother was right she is to good for you.:bbg:

Comment

the free nero doesn't appear to support the dvd copy, I think the problem I was having with the DVD flick was I was trying too small a file. I downloaded and converted a 3 min clip no problem the one I was trying last night was only 16 sec.

As to the PA comment say hello to your wife / cousin, her father/brother was right she is to good for you.:bbg:

Hey, look! It's Uncle Dad!:D:D
                        DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

I found one that works easily.

The free version inserts a nag screen at the start of a video, but it works very well and easily for the flash video conversion/burn in one step.
                          DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Oops sorry the website for downloadhelper is Downloadhelper.net , not downloadhelper.com.

Comment

Flash video is flash video, no matter what site you're viewing them on. I haven't tried downloading Hulu video (great idea, might try that tonight after work!).

For some reason, that software link I posted to download Youtube videos wouldn't let me convert them afterwards either. So I downloaded the torrent for AVS Video Converter, downloaded the crack (not the kind you smoke, lol), and now have a working version. Converts files like a breeze! Yeehaw piracy! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X